Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Who says American cars cant drift?!? (GTO Drift car inside!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 01:16 AM

Who says American cars cant drift?!? (GTO Drift car inside!)

It actually did VERY well considering what it was up against! It went into the finals as well!

Old 03-01-2004, 01:18 AM

Other bad *** cars there...

Kinda Ironic that the Viper GTS-R is sponsored by Benihana...
Old 03-01-2004, 01:47 AM

Man, that GTO looks awsome going totally sideways, I like the paint. Minus the big wing thing though.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:04 AM

LOL, drifting competitions
Old 03-01-2004, 03:58 AM

Originally posted by crazyjim
LOL, mustangs
LOL, crawlin A4 Z28 2.73 verts

Old 03-01-2004, 10:37 AM

Sweet. That 6th pic of the GTO is awesome. I fell in love with those RX7 and RX8 pics as well. Glad you posted em!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:46 AM

The final insult....the GTO becomes a riced-out Civic look-alike and 'competes' in a young import-driver wanna-be event.

Sad. Very, very sad.

Shouldn't this thread be moved?
Old 03-01-2004, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by Bob Cosby
The final insult....the GTO becomes a riced-out Civic look-alike and 'competes' in a young import-driver wanna-be event.

Sad. Very, very sad.

Shouldn't this thread be moved?
That young import driver wannabe event is 10 times what NASCAR and NHRA is... and it takes more skill then both combined... This event you dont just sit there and watch, your up cheering and screaming the WHOLE time, its not identical cars running around or cars almost identicle flying down a strip... its new cars, old cars, fast cars slow cars... all of them competing where how much money you sank into your car doesnt matter...

The Goal of drifting is to earn the most points, which are awarded for drifting the closest to the wall without hitting, as well as style, execution etc... but the kicker is your 180 degrees sideways cooking the tires around the corner completly!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Bob Cosby
Old 03-01-2004, 12:09 PM

Wow....that didn't take long. Ok. Let's play.

Originally posted by Y2K1 SS 5.0 THIS
That young import driver wannabe event is 10 times what NASCAR and NHRA is...and it takes more skill then both combined...
Have you ever driven competitively in NASCAR? Have you ever competed in "drifting" (or whatever it is called) in a sanctioned event? Until you do, and you can objectively rate the skills required of each, then your opinion is nothing more than that - an opinion. It's baseless, unsupportable, and incredibly nieve, but at least it's an opinion. Congratulations.

This event you dont just sit there and watch, your up cheering and screaming the WHOLE time
Wow. I'll keep that in mind next time I go to the "drifting track".

BTW...watch a little TV and see how often fans are sitting on their asses when the race is in progress at Daytona or any other Nextel Cup event. Or for that matter, at Indy during Top Fuel/Funny Car/Pro Stock eliminations.

You have been to all of these sorts of events, right?

its not identical cars running around or cars almost identicle flying down a strip...
Cool.

its new cars, old cars, fast cars slow cars... all of them competing where how much money you sank into your car doesnt matter...
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. Ya. Money doesn't matter. In competitive motorsports - any competitive motorsports - money matters most of all. It buys the best of everything, up to and including the best drivers. If you believe otherwise, then you're more nieve that I gave you credit for.

The Goal of drifting is to earn the most points, which are awarded for drifting the closest to the wall without hitting, as well as style, execution etc...
I'm glad you find it exciting. It probably is. However, the cars look like rice to me, and the format doesn't appeal to me in the least. Your opinion may be different. I'm over it.

but the kicker is your 180 degrees sideways cooking the tires around the corner completly!
WOW! How do they do that! Can I watch? Oh pretty please!

Have a fine day.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:10 PM

Wink

Originally posted by allmotorta
LOL, crawlin A4 Z28 2.73 verts

Hehe.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM

Presently the GTO is not an American car, it's Austalian. But I am impressed as the GTO does have independent rear suspension which makes this harder to do.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:53 PM

Why does every single car there need a huge rear spoiler if they're not even trying to plant the rear tires to the road? Does it make EVERY car look better or something? I'm all for sideways tire blazin action mainly because some of my family is into SCCA Pro Rally and pitching the cars sideways in that form of racing is normal but I'm not too excited to see that it's a freestyle auto event now where the biggest aftermarket vendors in attendance sell mainly neon kits, vinyl, and body kits.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by AutoRoc
Why does every single car there need a huge rear spoiler if they're not even trying to plant the rear tires to the road? Does it make EVERY car look better or something? I'm all for sideways tire blazin action mainly because some of my family is into SCCA Pro Rally and pitching the cars sideways in that form of racing is normal but I'm not too excited to see that it's a freestyle auto event now where the biggest aftermarket vendors in attendance sell mainly neon kits, vinyl, and body kits.
Its not how you stand by your car, its how big the wing is!
Besides, if you put it on upside down, it will help you drift better.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:22 AM

What does drifting have to do with the Drag Racing Forum???

Quick Reply: Who says American cars cant drift?!? (GTO Drift car inside!)