Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Who plans to enter the CZ28.com Nationals' Quick16 race??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 06:00 PM

Who plans to enter the CZ28.com Nationals' Quick16 race??

Lets see a showing of who may be going.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:59 PM

Question Details!?

When, where, rules!?

Ken
Old 06-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Administrator

https://www.camaroz28.com/nationals/
Old 06-21-2003, 12:40 PM

i know this is easier said than done .. but they should try to organize 3 or 4 locations for an event like this on different corners of the country so it will be relatively easy for everyone to get there with their cars ...

i mean .. how is anyone on the west coast supposed to get to michigan with their cars ?
Old 06-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Administrator

I know that Chris and Jason have tried many times to do something like this. As this is the first event it makes sense to have3 it close to "home" for them so they can get an event under their belt. It would not suprise me to see some regional activity down the road but right now this the first of its kind and these guys are putting forth a lot of effort to get it off the ground. I'm sure they are open to any positive suggestions or for volunteer help.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:30 PM

j,.jbmn

Yeah as crazy as some of our Michigan guys are, a trip to the west coast could easily be done just for a weekend of racing and BS'ing. I'm glad i'm "local" to this event cough130milescough but if I was furthur away i'd still at least try to get here. later man
Old 06-22-2003, 06:59 PM

I'm hoping to have my car finished at least a week before so I can test and tune prior to race. Depends if I will be able to race in the event or not? I asked a few people but have yet to hear anything back. Would really like to run the race against the others but I pretty sure everybody would have a problem with the car. The car will not conform to stock suspension rules but will run a modified OEM LT1 engine. I just hope ARE finishes the engine soon I think they maybe having a problem with the combination or what not?

Jim
Old 06-23-2003, 11:07 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
Talking

it is a 3.5 hr drive but i will be there to have some fun!!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 03:17 AM

Hey Taner ...That is Minor compared to the trip you made down here....what???? 8 hours???? Thats right around the corner.....I believe that you could travel across the country for a race and still have a good time....BTW ....Anyone at any races that Taner goes to needs to go say hello ...He is a trip...Great Guy
Old 06-25-2003, 07:03 AM

thanks 94!!! yes sit is merely a stone's throw away in comparison, i am thinking about the southern shootout this year even, but that is almost 30 hours away! holy sheeeeeeeit!
i am sure the low 9/high 8 sec gn will be there as well as the nova that won m7 last year. he was sandbagging and ran a 9.8 on his last run. i hope he is bringing more than that this year.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by 94 TA TT2S
Hey Taner ...That is Minor compared to the trip you made down here....what???? 8 hours???? Thats right around the corner.....I believe that you could travel across the country for a race and still have a good time....BTW ....Anyone at any races that Taner goes to needs to go say hello ...He is a trip...Great Guy
ROTFL
Taner certainly knows how to have a good time.
I'd like to compete in the quick 16 but I think the field
will be filled with 9/10 second cars and that leaves me
out.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:30 PM

kev,

don't worry i have bigger jets you can borrow, i will bring the jets you bring the broom, j/k!!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:30 PM

From what I've been seeing lately, I think it's gonna take a 9 second pass to qualify. I plan on being there.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:34 PM

Thumbs up

i thought it was gonna be like that last year.....errrr ummmm no ahh ahh. there was a couple of 9 second rides at the m7 event. 11's got you into the quick 16 grouping. i would guess half the field will be 9's or better.

Joe racer,
be sure to stop by and have a cold beer or pop. pop during event and lots of beer after

kurtis,

are you flying in by chance or let me guess you are trailering your car down!

i do look forward to this event! any chance it will below 75 degrees and not humid, lmao!!!!! j/k! late july in michigan = hot humid weather. i guess it beats the freezing cold. unfortunately my motor likes it colder out.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:57 PM

Taner,

Ugh, I wish I was trailering or even flying down. Can't really say why I asked, though maybe I can give more info soon. Sadly flying out is out of the question, as I'm expecting my newborn Son only a week before this event date.

I'll probably be flying to Thunder's race in November if I don't bring down one or both of my cars. (Stacker trailers are nice ).

Last edited by KTamez; 06-26-2003 at 02:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Who plans to enter the CZ28.com Nationals' Quick16 race??