Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Track attendence

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Banned

Track attendence

Are you noticing less people?

Events cancelled?

I don't see anywhere near the volume of cars I used to. I guess fuel prices/economy etc. and alot of these people being self employed does not help.

Just wondering if anyone else seeing the same thing.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 AM

Yep, numbers are down about everywhere.

Promoters need to look at family rates instead of by the head pricing, it costs a ton to bring a family of 5 to the track.

It'll recover, give it time.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:31 AM

It's that way around here too, but I contribute some of it to douche bag track management.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by tomcowle

It'll recover, give it time.
Lets hope, but i doubt anytime soon, last night are local track was down bigtime, they were going to close early.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 PM

wow I wish attendance was down here. I went last night...and as usual it was the get in line and wait game. I was there from 5-10:15 and got in 4 runs, and there were only a few short times that they shut down for a few mins to clean something up on the track. It always seems busy when I go.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:07 AM

Our track was down on head count for the better part of the season. Last few weeks its really making a come back.Fuel prices really hurt everyone. Lot of the money that i wanted to spend on the car this year went in to the gas tanks of the truck instead of the car. Were headed to the DIV 3 finals . On pennys
Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by SoccerFEtus8
wow I wish attendance was down here. I went last night...and as usual it was the get in line and wait game. I was there from 5-10:15 and got in 4 runs, and there were only a few short times that they shut down for a few mins to clean something up on the track. It always seems busy when I go.
Where did you go for test and tune on a Saturday night? Martin?
If you want to make passes without sitting in the lanes all night go to MMM in Stanton on a Wed. You can nearly hot lap from opening 'till 7ish every Wed. Then if it's a really nice weather night the lines might get longer.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 AM

I'm not sure about the attendence at test-n-tune nights, however, the car count is down about 20 to 30% at our local track NHRA Summit Series Bracket Races.

Like all tracks, we have our group of hard-core points racers (I'm one of them) that make every event with out exception. The hard-core group attendence hasen't changed. Althought, those racers that typically show-up from time-to-time are not coming this year.

WD
Old 08-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Engineer
I'm not sure about the attendence at test-n-tune nights, however, the car count is down about 20 to 30% at our local track NHRA Summit Series Bracket Races.

Like all tracks, we have our group of hard-core points racers (I'm one of them) that make every event with out exception. The hard-core group attendence hasen't changed. Althought, those racers that typically show-up from time-to-time are not coming this year.

WD
I would love to run points next year, planned on doing it this year but the money is just not there. I am seeing events cancelled or shorted. Nationals coming soon, will be interesting to see the turnout there. And I will not be going....and we normally get a big group to go. I will just keep that money so I can run a few bracket races etc.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
I would love to run points next year, planned on doing it this year but the money is just not there. I am seeing events cancelled or shorted. Nationals coming soon, will be interesting to see the turnout there. And I will not be going....and we normally get a big group to go. I will just keep that money so I can run a few bracket races etc.
Is you local track NHRA, or IHRA? Our NHRA Div-4 Bracket Finals will be in October at Texas Motorplex, Ennis TX (NHRA PowerAde event location and super facility). Also, the location of John Force's bad crash last year. I really look forward to going to Ennis every fall to race.

WD
Old 08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Engineer
Is you local track NHRA, or IHRA? Our NHRA Div-4 Bracket Finals will be in October at Texas Motorplex, Ennis TX (NHRA PowerAde event location and super facility). Also, the location of John Force's bad crash last year. I really look forward to going to Ennis every fall to race.

WD
one of each
Virginia Motor sports park is NHRA
Richmond dragway is ihra
Also run Maryland international raceway IHRA
Colonial beach..outlaw track
Thats the ones I run the most...or have run this year.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Are you noticing less people?

Events cancelled?

I don't see anywhere near the volume of cars I used to. I guess fuel prices/economy etc. and alot of these people being self employed does not help.

Just wondering if anyone else seeing the same thing.
Agreed. Tracks up here have been a bit quite as well.

The "street scene" also seems quiet. I don't run into nearly as many modded cars as I did during my LT1 days.

I hope racing hasn't peaked in popularity
Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 PM

one of each
Virginia Motor sports park is NHRA
Richmond dragway is ihra
Also run Maryland international raceway IHRA
Colonial beach..outlaw track
Thats the ones I run the most...or have run this year.
I am excited by your news. I'm about to get moved to VA beach. I used to live in VA, and I went to dinwiddie one time. I sat in the staging lanes for 4 hours and never got to run. There were that many cars there. Richmond was much better on crowds, but they close too early.

If the crowds are down on TNT nights, I'll be coming to the track ALOT more.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Malice 1
I am excited by your news. I'm about to get moved to VA beach. I used to live in VA, and I went to dinwiddie one time. I sat in the staging lanes for 4 hours and never got to run. There were that many cars there. Richmond was much better on crowds, but they close too early.

If the crowds are down on TNT nights, I'll be coming to the track ALOT more.
well they closed and cancelled this weekend.

I hear they are going to run alot more shootouts next year and alot less brackets.

Oh and I hate VMP for sitting in the lanes for hours with jacket and all on. But this year I have not waited more than 10 min. at anytime. 100% serious
Richmond is a good race, but don't go on race day to test or run. go to street night or t&t. On race day they run a pretty tight ship
Old 08-17-2008, 10:13 PM

well they closed and cancelled this weekend.

I hear they are going to run alot more shootouts next year and alot less brackets.

Oh and I hate VMP for sitting in the lanes for hours with jacket and all on. But this year I have not waited more than 10 min. at anytime. 100% serious
Richmond is a good race, but don't go on race day to test or run. go to street night or t&t. On race day they run a pretty tight ship

I'm only gonna be in the area for about 9 months, so I don't wanna get real involved in weekly brackets or anything. I just wanna TNT against some of my old HS buddies.

My biggest concern is getting from oceana to richmond in a timely manner on a friday afternoon. I don't think it can be done.

Quick Reply: Track attendence