Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 PM

What do you think?

The last tune I got was before adding the e-water pump and removing the AIR system, I kinda thought that going from the mods in my sig (minus the e-water pump) and adding 1.6 rocker, non-emissions long tubes, into a very free flowing exhaust, 52mm TB, and 30lb injectors I would need my tune updated...

Bryan just sent my new file and I compared it with the previous tune he did for me, and there is almost no difference except for the injector constants. I also asked him to raise the shift points a little and he did just that, raised it a little, like 75 RPM's or so...

Does this sound right to you? If so then cool but I was wondering what you guys more familiar with tuning thought. I just think that adding more air and fuel and better flowing exhaust would change a few things, other then the constants...

Thanks,
John
Old 05-17-2006, 07:49 PM

Re: What do you think?

I also thought about bryan's mail order tune when I just had my car dyno tuned 2 days ago. My car wa waaaaaay to rich, on a wide band o2 i was commanding a a/f = to a forced induction setup nearly 11.3 to 1. My PE table showed a 5% increase across the board.

We zero'd it down, increase the constant above what was rated for the injector and it runs mint. Also I messed with the VE tables to ball park the car.

I was kinda not happy with pcmforless initally but I figured this out on the dyno and when Bryan does these tunes, he doesnt know if the car mechanically isnt running perfect, or what exactly you have. He ball parks it, and does it on the safe side. Thats why you use datamaster to scan the car and allows him to fine tune.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:13 PM

Re: What do you think?

Oh, by no means am I unhappy with Bryan, it is more of a confusion, and me wanting to learn. I just figured adding all those items would effect the a/f and drivability in different areas then with the previous mods, and he would need to do some more tweeking. But honestly I don't know enough about tuning to know if any tweeking was needed, or not...