Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Tunercat Customer Service :bs:

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:33 AM

Tunercat Customer Service :bs:

Well we have spent close to a grand on Tunercats obd1 and 2 tuning software, and definition files etc. The obd2 works just fine, but the obd1 is still giving us probs after almost 2 months after purchase. We have not been able to use it yet for anything. We have emailed tc 2 times now with absolutely no response to anything. I know when we were ordering the stuff, and making arrangements for the payment we had no delay in service, but it seems now that we have already paid for it the customer service has gone downhill. This is not a thread to bash them or anything. I just want them to at least help us with getting it up and running.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:39 AM

Re: Tunercat Customer Service :bs:

They have always been prompt at returning any emails I sent in the few times I actually did sent them anything.

What is the problem with the OBD1 software? Maybe people on here can help you out.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:45 AM

It keeps saying invalid response from pcm. I know the laptop is good, because that is what we run the obd2 stuff off of. I know the cable is good because I borrowed a friends tunercat obd1 and it worked fine. I know my computer, and my car are both good, because I used my friends setup on my car multiple times now. We have sent them emails twice in the last week with no response. Like I said all I want is them to help us figure this out.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:49 AM

Are you using the windows based flash program on the newest version of tunercat tuner, the old DOS flashprog, or the Winflash?
Old 07-26-2005, 12:54 AM

How do I tell the difference? We just got it 2 months ago. So I would assume its the newest version.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:04 AM

Ok then you would have the newest version out there. See, TC made a Winflash program that was actually seperate from the tuner but now its all incorporated into the tuner. I had problems with the Winflash but not the 2.08 or whatever it is newest TC tuner with built-in read/flash capabilities.

Did you say your friend has tunercat for OBD1 and it works fine with your cable? Honestly I think its the laptop causing you trouble. Is the IR port disabled and only 1 COM port active?

Last edited by turbo_Z; 07-26-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:08 AM

I will have to check on the laptop stuff tomorrow. My friends obd1 is on a seperate laptop.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:39 AM

So your blaming your problems with your friends laptop on tunercat?

John has exceptional customer service.. always had, always will.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:04 PM

I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 24 hrs for a reply from TC via email with any problem unless it was a weekend. Then I had my reply 1st thing Monday morning.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 PM

I had a problem with my TC for OBDll and after one e-mail TC agreed to take my laptop and both blown PCM's and fix the problem. Long story short... my prior Ed Wright tune was screwing up the TC program, TC fixed both blown PCM's and made everything work again, got it all back within 5 days.

Damn good customer service if you ask me!

Shea
Old 07-26-2005, 11:36 PM

Same here. Great customer service. Sometimes it takes him a whole day to answer my emails..OH MY GOD!!!! Gimme my money back..

Seriously though I dunno..

Tails
Old 07-27-2005, 02:00 AM

First off my friends laptop is the one that works. My don't. Whoever said I blamed my friends laptop not working on tc?? For the record my 94/95 tuner cat won't work or 96/97 (which I spent an hour working with tonight, and almost stranded a customers car). And we have sent two emails to tc with no response. Now on the other hand the obd2 tuner works for the 02 avalanche that we have been tuning on, and also works on 00-01 trucks. We have had great customer service all the way till now. We have spent close to $800 on tuning software, and only part of it works. Anybody else wanna throw that much money out the window? Plus business (because it makes us look like dip ****s)??
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 AM

Oh and Tails it has been at least a month (closer to two months) with this stuff not working. I can understand the weekend thing or the next day or two through the business week, but two weeks with emails and no response? I sent another email tonight, hopefully we can get this resolved by the end of the week.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:05 AM

Just use the old DOS based software, it works great!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:52 AM

Since you're trying to run both OBDII and OBDI versions on the same notebook, is it possible that the two are conflicting?

The 96/97 version IS OBDII, btw.

Quick Reply: Tunercat Customer Service :bs: