Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Need help adjusting for new fuel injectors, have tuner cat going to the dyno

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 03:32 PM

Question Need help adjusting for new fuel injectors, have tuner cat going to the dyno

Ok here is the deal, I bought a new set of #37 Racetronix injectors, an upgrade from my Ford SVO #30's. I swapped them the other night, it starts and idles but is pinging and knocking badly, I can drive it but BEFORE I drive the car to the dyno this monday.

http://www.racetronix.com/621037.html (click on, linke for info on #37's)

I have the tuner cat software and I am looking at my most recent tune for the #30's.

I know they have the choice for the constant, mine is 31.XX (to compensate for the more flow due to it being a 30# ford injector).

Is this the only thing you change?? Or are there other parameters we need to adjust as well. My tuner is going to do the tweaking but I just do not like heaing a pinging noise at all.

ANY help what so ever is appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:29 AM

Re: Need help adjusting for new fuel injectors, have tuner cat going to the dyno

Yes, change the injector constant to 37.27. Thats the flow rate off thier site for 43.5 psi fuel pressure.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:57 AM

Re: Need help adjusting for new fuel injectors, have tuner cat going to the dyno

awesome, thanks, if there is any other parameters let me know, im going to try it now before I have to do an opti spark on a friends LT1 just me luck eh
Old 05-14-2006, 12:36 PM

*UPDATE*

I went into Tuner Cat and just changed the Inj. Flow Rate to what the website specs out, it was off like 0.01 but fairly close. The motor idled %1000 better than it did before. After going into closed loop its still pulling timing and has a negative correction factor for LT and ST fuel trim, but then as I was driving, it would go green (lean), so its all over the place. At least I can feel better going to the dyno.

What I plan on doing is going to the dyno and watching what my guy does and learn as much as I can so I have a better understanding and thus be able to help others who are in my position.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:53 PM

Sorry I can't help, but are you going to JRE to have it dyno tuned? I am finishing up on mine and I am going to bring it to Ted. Goodluck........John
Old 05-16-2006, 04:12 PM

I just got back yesterday from JRE, ted does awesome work. If you have tuner cat and datamaster, he just learned how to do mine and its fresh in his memory lol. I will post my sheet tommorrow, a/f was perfect

Compared to the new LS1/odb2 programs, they are much faster.

My car was UBER rich, we took all the fuel correction and zero'ed it, injector flow rate set to 39.00, and then set the VE table a little lower due to the overlap in the cam, I learned a lifetime in the few hours I was there.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
we took all the fuel correction and zero'ed it,
What do you mean by this? I've got tunercat too, do you remember which table you're referring to?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by evilundisguised
What do you mean by this? I've got tunercat too, do you remember which table you're referring to?

Go into tuner cats, under Tables, we "zeroed" for all RPM's the....

%Change to Fuel/Air ratio vs. RPM at WOT

Also under the constant table, to help trim down the a/f ration across the rpm range I made the injector constant 38.98 for a #37 racetronix injector.

BUT verify this on a dyno with a wide band o2, like me. But I was in the 12.4 through the mid range, it was near perfect.