Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

EFIlive or Autotap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Question EFIlive or Autotap?

Do these two systems perform the same functions? (i.e. check trouble codes, clear codes, live data logger, etc...) I would like to buy a scanning software but I want to make sure I make the best choice.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 PM

Re: EFIlive or Autotap?

Please, anybody with experience with either one of these give me your opinion. I want my own diagnostic/logging software and I would like to get it very soon.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

EFI hands down
Old 08-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Eff

I have never used EFI live since I have a LT-1. but autotap sucks. IT's by far the most expensive scanning program I have and it is completely unreliable.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 PM

Eff,
What OBD II scanning software would you recommend for scanning/logging and why? Thanks for you insight!

Jeff
Old 09-01-2005, 07:09 PM

EFI Live (version 5..OBDII) works fine with the LT1. You'll be able to scan all the standard SAE parameters. It is made for the LS1 so you really don't get the vehicle specific items.

The playback and presentation is terrific with EFI Live. It is by far the best for ease of use. Very easy to comparatively interpret data. The only problem is it is limited to standard SAE parameters (for instance... knock counts don't work).

A less graphically pleasing but ultimately more useful program is from www.obd-2.com
LT1 friendly (it'll read specifics), you can scan everything you'll need. It has LT1 plugins and is updated pretty frequently. You may need to have some spreadsheet skills to analyze data since the graphical representation leaves something to be desired but you can log just about everything.

I've tried AutoTap and it plain sucks.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Parker '96
EFI Live (version 5..OBDII) works fine with the LT1. You'll be able to scan all the standard SAE parameters. It is made for the LS1 so you really don't get the vehicle specific items.

The playback and presentation is terrific with EFI Live. It is by far the best for ease of use. Very easy to comparatively interpret data. The only problem is it is limited to standard SAE parameters (for instance... knock counts don't work).

A less graphically pleasing but ultimately more useful program is from www.obd-2.com
LT1 friendly (it'll read specifics), you can scan everything you'll need. It has LT1 plugins and is updated pretty frequently. You may need to have some spreadsheet skills to analyze data since the graphical representation leaves something to be desired but you can log just about everything.

I've tried AutoTap and it plain sucks.
Could you provide specifics as to why autotap sucks? It's too late to take yours and EFF's advice. I already have purchased it. I haven't had much time to mess around with it but tonight I recorded my first log and it's pretty interesting. Where's the best place to find out what the sensor readings should read?