Wrecked 2002 Formula Firehawk For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:14 AM

Wrecked 2002 Formula Firehawk For Sale

I am not sure what the insurance company is going to want but I am pretty sure I can sell this for $8500! I'd like to see the drivetrain used in a street rod!

It took a hit to the front right wheel and moved the front end left about 5". The best body shop in Kansas City, Everly Bros. estimated a $16K tab to fix it. But they match factory welds exactly, and paint underside and the whole car. You cannot tell it was wrecked unless you see the "salvage title", that is how good they are. They do all the expensive exotics for all over the country. All the sports superstars, musicians, and celebs take their cars there. Anyway, other estimates were $12K to $14K.

The car is loaded with every option except traction control & CD deck! The rear end, engine and drive train, would be GREAT for a street rod. The engine was never driven hard except two trips down the Dallas drag strip (when I messed up, missed third and hit 5th! STUPID ME! That is why the tranny was rebuilt). The options from SLP included the Firehawk option, w/17 chrome wheels (1 ruined), Auburn high torque differential, Bilstein shocks, special Firehawk mats (new in plastic), and the commemerative portfolio. The folks at SLP researched it for the insurance company and told me it was 1 of only 6 made, based on color (red), being a Formula Firehawk instead of a TA, and with all those options! IT'S REALLY TOO BAD! I wanted to keep that car for every and give it to a grandson some day.

They have "totaled the car" so I will have the entire car for sale, or a bunch of parts. I would rather sell the whole thing. It is loaded with parts, SLP longtube headers, SLP 85mm MAF, Stealth air lid (it uses an oversized K&N filter for the C5--about 40% bigger then the standard F-body K&N filter, SLP skip shift elim., SLP bellow, SLP 3" y-pipe, BMR STB, BMR SFC (red weld on), BMR adj. panhard bar, SLP Torque arm (new in box and never installed $325), SLP blueprinted oil pump new in box, SLP 160 thermostat (new in box) with switch for fan too, new Magna Flow Catback just installed 2 months before accident, but the tow truck scratched the polished tips. The idiot was too lazy to extend the bed to pick the car up right! I have the original SLP dual/dual exhaust I can sell too, but the mid section was ruined by Meineke muffler shop when they welded in a QTP electric exhaust cutout in the wrong place! The switch is new in box for that device too.

IT also has a ton of other stuff. Hurst shifter, the tranny was rebuilt about 9 months earler, and the rear end, a Auburn high torque diff. was JUST rebuilt. The engine has been babied with only 12K miles and I have changed Mobil one oil every 3K to 4K miles.

I have to leave it as is, until I get a settlement check, but if someone wants a great deal, contact me ASAP! The engine, tranny & rear end are worth $8500 by themselves! PLUS I have added over $6500 in parts!

Regards,
JC
Red02Firehawk@sbcglobal.net
Old 03-29-2005, 11:55 AM

Re: Wrecked 2002 Formula Firehawk For Sale

Regardless when in the near future, if you will sell separately, the following items, I am interested, as I recently bought a rare 'hawk, and need a few things as either spares or missing stock components:

Hurst shifter **** only, or assembly
Rear Billstein shocks/springs (my right squeaks from sitting, don't know which).

What color are the 'hawk mats? If they are dark grey, I'm interested. Thanks, and sorry for your loss, that is indeed a shame.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Re: Wrecked 2002 Formula Firehawk For Sale

If your parting it I could use the tail lights and the car cover