FS: very clean Black hardtop 95 Formula 6-speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:43 AM

FS: very clean Black hardtop 95 Formula 6-speed **new pics added 4/5**

For sale is my '95 Firebird Formula, original black paint with tan leather interior. Hardtop. Car has about 105,000 miles. Original 6-speed with 3.42 gears. I am the third owner and the car has a squeaky clean CarFax history. I am selling it because I need something with better economy.

Here is the VIN if you want to look up a CarFax on it: 2G2FV22P1S2224093

The car was originally from Wisconsin where it was owned by a middle-aged couple and was always garaged by them (car did not see a winter). At about 38,000 miles those owners moved to southern California where they sold it to the second owner. The second owner is the one who did the basic mods I will list below. I bought it from him as he was looking to buy a brand new work truck.

I now live in the Milwaukee area (recently moved), but the car is currently enjoying the winter garaged in sunny southern California (Orange County). I will be driving it back to Wisconsin in about 2 weeks.

The car only has the following mods installed by the second owner: SLP Loudmouth catback (2 tips on each side), SLP cold air intake, Granatelli MAF, 160* t-stat and a manual fan switch, which is located right in front of the driver's seat where the center console meets the carpet. Also has aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors front and rear.

It has keyless remote entry (works fine) and a Pioneer CD player which is hooked up to a 1000 watt amp and 2 10" subs.

Also forgot to add that it was professionally tinted, although it has a couple of problems - the driver side window tracks have scratched the tinting a little and the tint at the top of the rear window is not perfect.

The car runs super-strong, does not leak a drop of any fluids, and does not burn oil.

It has never been in any accidents or collisions whatsoever.

**Also the car has a small crack in the windshield on the driver's side, it was there when I got the car.

Only visual blemish is a very small (quarter-sized or smaller) dimple in the right rear quarter panel (typical f-body stress dimple). The rest of the exterior is spotless save for possibly one or two almost imperceptible scratches that you really have to be up close to see. Even the front/nose is clean, with no rock chips or scratches.

Interior is in awesome shape. The driver's side seat bolster does have some wear but it is NOT ripped or torn. Rest of the interior is flawless except for the center console storage bin clip doesn't "snap" shut.

Currently I don't have any picture because as I said, the car is in California right now, but I will take pictures as soon as possible (flying back out there on the 29th).

I am asking $6,000 firm. This car is a beauty.

You can contact me at plethaus@yahoo.com and I will post a bunch of nice, big pictures as soon as I can.

edit: I actually found some pics from an online hosting service I forgot about. The oil stains and such on the road are NOT from my car. Here they are:

Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 04-05-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Re: FS: very clean Black hardtop 95 Formula 6-speed

Also forgot to add that the car has power windows/locks but manual seats. The skip-shift has been eliminated. Also everything works just as it should (cold AC etc.)
Old 03-22-2006, 11:23 PM

Bump.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:17 AM

up for trades for car in signature below
Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 AM

I am not up for trades, but thanks for looking at my ad.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:59 PM

OH MY GOD! WOW THATS IT!, IT IS EFFING BEAUTIFUL! AND ITS GOT THE LOUDMOUTH TOO, WOW OH MY GOD IM GOING TO TALK TO MY DAD ABOUT THIS!....... AND IF ONLY I HAD 6 GRAND ON ME RITE NOW.... YOU DONT SEE VERY MANY LT1'S WITH THIS KIND OF MILEAGE AND ARE THIS CLEAN.... THIS CAR IS PERFECT, I AM VERY INTERESTED, AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU

lol yeah sorry but as you can tell im happy i found this car
Old 03-23-2006, 06:00 PM

lol wow i think ive found my soulmate!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:28 AM

Bump
Old 03-25-2006, 05:19 PM

Once you get the car back to milwaukee, please post it, im like half hour away north of you and i am interested.....So post it when u get it back.....Mike
Old 03-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by mnerat
Once you get the car back to milwaukee, please post it, im like half hour away north of you and i am interested.....So post it when u get it back.....Mike
No problem. You can figure on it being here on or about Sunday April 2nd, but I will post here for sure when I have it here.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:04 PM

alright cool.......what are you looking for as in a car for better gas mileage, i have a turbo eagle talon which gets great mileage, i could do that plus some cash if interested, i got pics and info so let me know if ur interested, Mike
Old 03-25-2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mnerat
alright cool.......what are you looking for as in a car for better gas mileage, i have a turbo eagle talon which gets great mileage, i could do that plus some cash if interested, i got pics and info so let me know if ur interested, Mike
Actually I'm not interested in any trades, but thanks for the offer. BTW I will take some updated pics when I have the car back here (like interior shots and such).
Old 04-04-2006, 09:05 PM

OK guys, I have the car back in Milwaukee safe and sound. It's all ready for someone to come take a look at it. (BTW, it did the 2300 mile trip without breaking a sweat. Even got over 28-29 MPG with it, and ran at a cool 170 degrees or so the whole way, even climbing the high 10,500ft+ Colorado areas we travelled through.)

edit: Also it just now broke 105,000 miles after the trip, I factored the trip to WI in when posting my ad.

Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 04-04-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:53 PM

OK guys, a ton of new pics here.. I just took them an hour ago. 18 pics so it will take a bit if you are on 56k.

Also I completely forgot about a small crack in the windshield on the driver's side, it is about 4-5 inches long. It's been there since I got the car. You can barely see it in some of the pics.

**Oh yeah, and one other thing, it has keyless remote entry which works fine.

Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 04-05-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:55 PM

Quick Reply: FS: very clean Black hardtop 95 Formula 6-speed