Feeler: 97 Z28 Convertible 89k

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Feeler: 97 Z28 Convertible 89k

I'm looking to get rid of my 97 Z28 that just turned over 89,000. Its an A4 and it just lost 3rd gear and I don't have time or money to put into this with my other cars. I was looking to get rid of it prior to this to get my insurance down a little. Other then the new tranny problem it needs to have the computer replaced as there is some kind of problem with it that is causing the fans to not come on. I am 100% sure it is a computer problem as I have a second computer that when hooked up the fans come on, it just runs odd because this second computer is not programmed for a stock vehicle. I have wired a manual fan switch to use in the meantime, although I like having it so you can keep the car cooler anyways.

Other then that there are no major problems. I just replaced the top with a new black canvas to with defroster glass last October. The timing set was done at 80k. The Opti failed and was replaced with an MSD unit and wires and new spark plugs also at 80k. A very expensive aftermarket harmonic balancer was also installed at this time, for some reason I cannot remember the name of it, I'll edit this when I do. The water pump (that I'm sure destroyed my opti) was replaced at about 78k. Other goodies include an SLP LoudMouth 2 exhaust, SLP strut tower brace, Moroso Intake, Headlight conversion so you don't have to use sealed units anymore.

No pics just yet. It's black with a black top, black carpet and black leather seats. The driver and rear seat have the 30th aniversary logo embroidered into them. The passenger side was damaged by the embroiderer and I'm still working with him for on replacement. Paint has a minor ding or two in it but nothing more then you would expect for a car of this age. I don't even know what to ask so feel free to make an offer. Looking for an idea of what to ask should this go to eBay/Craigslist so feel free to post a price even if you aren't interested in buying. Thanks.

edit - Some pictures of the car are available in the how-to link in my signature. I have since replaced the seats with the ones I described above, the carpet is now black, and the plastics are black as well. Only the door panels remain tan because they are not easy to find.

Last edited by deliryumtrigger; 06-22-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: picture location