97 Z28 - For sale - Great project car

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:17 PM

97 Z28 - For sale - Great project car

Now before reading any further, just want to point out the car is a salvage car which was rebuilt - Between this and the paint thats needed, ill keep the price low, and give you any information you need. I've been around this board a long time, and have documented everything (not to mention can search through my old posts).

So lets begin-

1997 Camaro Z28 -
6 - speed
Ebony interior
Leather
T-top

Engine :
118k on car ( cam/valvetrain installed at 109k)
Comp Cam XE 230/236 112 Cam
Comp Pro Magnum 1.6 RR NSA
Comp 918 Beehive springs
Comp Chromeoly Hardened Pushrods
ARP 7/16" Studs
AFR Guide Plates
(and all new seals, 10 degree locks yadda yadda)

Electronics
MadZ28 Tune
LT4 KM
Dual Speed Fan Switch

Exhuast
SLP Shorty Headers ( Jethot coated)
New Factory Y-pipe with cats ( 3k on it )
SLP Loudmouth (gen1)

Transmission/clutch
T56
Pro 5.0
these are actually being installed tommorow - so brand new
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Spec Steel Flywheel

Intake
K&N FIPK
Trickflow Ceramic coated elbow
Airfoil

Rearend
5k on since install (3k was crosscountry drive)
Motive 4.10s
Auburn Pro Posi

Misc stuff
BMR aluminum fuel rail covers
BMR aluminum Radiator Shroud
BMR alternator fan/pulley
Harlen Shift Light

Misc Parts that have been replaced in past year
Taylor OVC wires
NGK TR5 sparkplugs
New GM waterpump
New GM Opti
New Timing Gears/Chain
New Axle Seals
Misc Bushings/tranny mount
Ignition Coil
!EGR
!AIR pump
!VATTS
!O2's
Just about every seal on the engine....

well i think that covers most of the stuff. so lets get into the cars history.

I purchased the car about 3 years ago, from an F-body salvage yard, with the intent on parting it for an engine swap. Fell in love with the car. It had been in a front end accident 2 years prior which not only damaged the front end but deployed airbags. I spent the summer rebuilding it, with the aid of a local frameshop. We cut and re-welded in a new front clip, and the car past a salvage inspection with flying colors.

I drove the car for 2 years, through college untill last fall when i hit sand on a turn and lost control. Thought i could control the skid but by the time i had her straightend out and was braking, a lightpole came up. I hit at about 5mph in between the bumper support so it crushed in my bumper and chipped the hood.

Instead of paying for bodywork, i decided to cam the engine and focus on performance, and just bolt up primer front end, fender.

With mods listed above, i ran a best time of 12.3 at 116 with nitto drag radials. Car dynoed at sea level 364 horse and 354 torque.

This was last spring. I graduated college and got a job out in boulder CO, where i am currently located. The plan was to rebuild the car again, and go forced induction, but with the weather and high altitude i can no longer keep this as a daily driver. Also with no garage means i cant store her. She currently has the factory rims on with BFG KDW's on all 4 with roughly 5k miles on them. (3k from cross country drive). Still lots of tread. I also have a set of 18 x 9.5 C5 Y2k's in chrome sitting in my basement. The front tires have Eagle F1's and the rears are Nitto 555's. Unfortunately they have curbrash and the chrome is starting to flake.

Given the cars current appearance (cracked hood, primer front bumper, missing foglights, and primer fender), and the salvage title i understand shes gonna be a rough sale. She would however make a great project car, or donor vehicle/track car. Being the person who did almost all the work on the vehicle, i know everything thats been done and would be more than willing to answer any questions / provide pictures or even video.

ill follow up this post, with pictures/video and soon as i get her back from the getting the clutch installed, more recent pictures.

Make me an offer -
Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 PM

http://community.webshots.com/user/kingman109_us

thats the link to my webshots- gallery's detail how i originally recieved her, the work done to her, how she looked, and how she looked after last falls accident.

There are even some build pictures.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Can I get a ball park price please chevyjeff at gmail
thanks Jeff
Old 02-05-2007, 06:34 PM

u have mail - sorry guys on the pics-

havent gotten car back yet- should have it tomorow
Old 02-05-2007, 08:42 PM

can you pm or email me a price and pics?
Thanks,
Adam
amc91z@team.camaroz28.com
Old 02-06-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by amc91z
can you pm or email me a price and pics?
Thanks,
Adam
amc91z@team.camaroz28.com

Just wanted to let everyone know- will have current pics up either today or tommorow depending on work schedule. Im picking the car up with the new clutch and flywheel installed tonight, and depending upon work ( i work on average 100-110 hours a week ) ill shoot some pictures of everything either tonight or tommorow.

like i said before, i want to be honest and upfront about this sale, so will take pictures of everything. Engine/interior/undercarriage/exterior.

Untill then, for those who pm'd about video to hear the car.
heres a video from last fall after the cam install. ignore the front end missing, i put the new one on the next week.

also to clarify, the car is in Boulder, CO right now. ive moved around alot. I've also got a few offers on the table right now, some are close to allowing me to justify its sale, but not quite. For those who PM'd or posted wanting more info/pictures, ill get back to you later tonight, and send pics along soon as i get the car back.

thanks guys.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM

price?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:57 AM

email me a price and some pics, thanks also where you located
Old 02-07-2007, 01:02 PM

still waiting on a price, could you also PM me your phone #?
Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-07-2007, 06:59 PM

hey guys- sorry for the delay - i literally average 110 hours a week at work, so havent been home in past few days.

Anyway - picked the car up from the shop yesterday with the new clutch/flywheel, and in process of breaking it in a bit. I should be out of work in an hour or so, will get the car washed and take some pictures and pictures of anything i have laying around, that will go with the car.

Will also respond to all the PM's - thanks for everyones patience.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:22 PM

Hey guys hate to do this- but, i cleaned up the car yesterday, re-polished the engine bay parts and installed the new 5.0 shifter, and that with the clutch got me thinking.

I cant sell her. i may regret this later, and you may see her back up in a few weeks but untill then, i just bought new set of Polished Z06 rims, 17x9.5, 18X10.5, eibach springs, and billstein shocks.

again sorry guys, i cant kick the addiction, no matter how much i need to -
Old 02-08-2007, 02:03 PM

good luck with the car!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 PM

^^ What he said. If you average 110 work hrs a week, just spend a little and get the body looking perfect again. If you do decide to sell it later, it will be worth a LOT more with good paint.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 PM

ha- sad part is i average 110 hours a week, but dont get paid nearly that.

Thats the problem when you work for one of the top ad agencies. it becomes your life- Thanks guys -

you may see her for sale again this fall, accept completely rebuilt again and with possibly a new engine-

well see
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 PM

That's good news buddy!

I knew you couldn't go through with it!

Quick Reply: 97 Z28 - For sale - Great project car