View Poll Results: $1500 for this Camaro Good or Bad?
Great Deal
0%
Good Deal
0%
OK Deal
0%
Just Right
0%
Not So Good
50.00%
Bad Deal
0%
Rip Off
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

96 Camaro V6 5 speed needs a $50 part $1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 PM

96 Camaro V6 5 speed needs a $50 part $1500

Great first car for a father & son. 1996 White Camaro V6 5 speed 131,499 miles 18" mags Z rated tires. New $400 windshield. Paint has been touched up on bumpers & hood but doesn’t look bad. It’s a great daily driver but not a show car. NO RADIO. Only needs a $50 harmonic balancer to be road worthy. Was my daily driver, no other issues. $1500. Johnson City TN 37604 (about 1:45 east of Knoxville TN, 45min north of Asheville NC)

www.Uship.com is probably the best place to get a car shipped. It is a division of ebaY just like Paypal. Companies & individuals bid for the lowest price to ship your car. Renting a car dolly from Uhaul 1 way is also a good way to move it; it will go up a ramp on its own power no problem.

This link is a video I made last month of a walk around of the car & you can hear the motor run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ErXvk0J-w Runs fine one minute & runs rough & smokes the next because the part is going. You CAN NOT drive it home as it is. I will arrange & pay for flat bed towing to your home or the garage of you’re choice here in town or close by so you can get it fixed. If you can change the part yourself, you’ll save money.

I am not a mechanic, a mechanic told me it’s the harmonic balancer & that it is a common replacement part for the 200HP 3.8 3800 V6
over 100,000 miles. You are highly encouraged to come look at the car & hear it run for yourself. If you don’t care about the V6 you can always drop in a Chevy 350, 383, LS1 or LT1 for a hot rod project.

VIN available on request. CarFax will say it has a mileage discrepancy because the lady who made the title out for me left it blank. The mileage IS correct.

This car is being sold because I need the money to buy a motor for my corvette. I have this car advertised all over the place to sell it quick because I’m stuck at the house. First person to hand me cash gets it. I will accept a $200 nonrefundable deposit by cash or paypal. The rest must be paid in cash within 14 days. NO CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS! You do not take possession of the car or title until the car is paid in full. Car is garaged. Once the car is paid in full I have no problem giving you 30 days to make arrangements to come get it. After 30 days you pay $50 a week inconvenient storage fee that must be paid in full before you can take possession of the car & title.

If you have any questions, need y address to come look at it or would like to request pictures my E-mail is MrGoFaster at hotmail dot com
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM

I will not trade this car for any other car. I will trade for a clean good running or fresh rebuilt Chevy 383 for my 79 Corvette.