2002 EB Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 PM

2002 EB Corvette Z06

I really really, really don' want to do this, but i'm doing my best to try to purchase a house before the end of the year, and this would give me the extra money i need for a downpayment so i could buy in time to get the 8k tax credit. Here's the deal with the price. I'll ask 20k, but I want to get the car sold, like in the next week or so. So Feel free to shoot me an offer. I want this thing gone asap, so if i have to take a little less than its worth to get it gone, i'll probably do it. If it doesn't sell in a couple weeks, i'll probably take it to Carmax and see what they'll give me for it. Like i said, i just want it gone. My loss your gain, blah blah blah all that crap

2002 Z06
20k OBO
Electron Blue
Black Interior
71k miles
HUD
Eletrochromatic mirrors
NO bsm's (thank god, only option this car doesn't have)
Rebuilt Stage 3 Tranny
Hardened output shaft
new GM master/Slave cyl/remote bleeder
~30k miles on ls6 clutch
new rear tires

Here's the story, i'll try to be somewhat breif. I bought the car a couple years ago, I had plans to make the car a weekend toy and mod it, but shortly after i met a girl who lives a few hundred miles away, and i pretty much spent all my money going to see her every weekend. Since I enjoyed my car so much, i just used it as my daily driver, so in about 2 years time, i've put about 40k miles on the car. Seeing as she lives over 500 miles away round trip, and I've gone down there i dont know how many times and back, I'm sure a good 30k of that last 40 was pure highway.

About a year ago or so, i had some tranny troubles, so i had the local LSX/vette experts fix it. The owner has a C5Z that runs mid 9's and traps over 150, and the other guy's LSX is even faster, so they know what they are doing. Anyway, the tranny builder used a t56rebuilds/sixpspeeds.com stage 3 kit i beleive it was, the strongest kit you can get without faceplating/mikro treatment. I also had completley new hydraulics put in while it was apart, as well as a hardened outputshaft.

A few months ago I also had a rear tire get a nail through it on the way home from My GF's house, let me tell you, having a flat about 45 mins from any town at 5am kinda sucks. So i just bought 2 new tires for the rear, i did some reading on the forum, and people seem to love the Vredstein Ultrac Sensettas, so i bought a pair of those, because the fronts were on backorder at the time. So the car has a pretty much new set of rears, and from what I remember, the fronts could probably be replaced next year or whatever. Probably 5-10k left on them. I think a set of fronts in the Vredstiens are under 300 shipped for a pair, i've been very very happy with them, not even factoring in the price, they are an excellent tire.
As far as bad, the drivers seat does have a inch or so rip in it, but it really doesn't look bad. I think there is a tiny tear on the console lid too. IIRC a couple of the wheels have minor curb rash. Other than that I cant think of any defects or things wrong with the car, but i'm sure theres more, i'd have to walk around the car. Mechanically/driving wise or whatever, there is nothing wrong with the car. Drives better than the day i got it. Gets good mileage too, which is why i used this veichle for all my driving.

These are some random old cell phone pics which is all i have right now... I'll try to get some decent shots in the next night or two.

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  99.7 KB
Name:  PIC-0172.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  72.6 KB (wheels dont come with car, i was just messing around one day)
Name:  myz06.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  35.1 KB
Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  82.2 KB
Name:  asfd.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  91.8 KB

Any comments or questions or whatever, PM me, or email me at jdhommert@gmail.com as i'll get an instant notification, and i probably wont be able to check this but every couple days.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 09:36 AM

Looks BEAUTIFUL!! man I wish I had the cash! GL with the sale bro!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:49 PM

That is an excellent deal my friend.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:48 PM

So is this thing gone? I wish I woulda seen this a couple months ago.