1998 z28 rolling chassis 1600 MA

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:55 PM

1998 z28 rolling chassis 1600 MA

Ok guys...I am going to try and be as clear as possible so there are no surprises for any potential buyers.

Vehicle:
1998 Red Camaro Z28
t-tops, originally ls1/4l60 car
9x,xxx Miles

Title:
Rebuilt Clear MA Title
(this means the car was hit, totaled, repaired and passed a salvage inspection. In running form, it can be registered and insured and does not need to go through the salvage inspection again
It appears to be the car was hit in the drivers side (possibly the quarter and drivers door. Was def. not a front end collision, the rails are straight as can be, and I dont believe the airbags were ever deployed.

Whoever did the body work and paint did a decent job. The paint is far from perfect, but I feel with a good buff the car would clean up really nice.

The only big visual damage exterior wise, is pictured below. The black fiberglass panel that wraps around the roof is cracked, and should be filled and repaired or replaced.
__________________________________________________ ___

Body:
As mentioned above, the paint is not perfect...but definatley presentable. When I purchased the car, the previous owner had installed the RS ground effects and a cheap aftermarket SS replica spoiler. The spoiler was damaged and the ground effects were junk, so I removed them. I installed the OEM red Z28 spoiler. The bottom of the bumper covers do have a few small holes from the ground effects on the bottom lip. Not really noticeable because of how low they are, unless you are looking for them. Also, when the previous owner painted the car, he had a cowl hood on it (which sold before my purchase)...so the hood stripes do not line up perfect with the front bumper. My plan was to paint the front bumper and hood to get rid of the stripes anyways, because the hood is dull (as if it had been wet-sanded), but if you are not too picky, you could just buff it and run it (photos ilistrate what I am reffering too). Front "camaro" bumper insert is MINT and was never drilled for a front plate. Headlights appear to be OEM, and are not hazy or cracked. The LS1 tails are also mint. No rust on the body or floors, the car is very solid.

Interior
The interior is hit and miss. I ripped out the trashed carpet and threw it away. The car does have a Tan leather interior, but the seats need work. They are out of the car at the moment, and the photos show how clean the floors are. I had the seats for sale seperatley, but they will go with the car instead. The dash is MINT. Completely blemish free, including the upper pad. The car is a power window/lock model with a factory cd changer. T-tops have a dot-matrix style tint, and included with the sale is the t-top shades. I do have ALL the interior panels EXCEPT the center console. It was also junk and tossed away. Door panels are in really good shape and just need to be cleaned. None of the interior wiring has been cut or removed, and the shell retains the full hvac box, and ducting and controls. Put in a carpet, repair the seats and good to go...

Drivetrain
As mentioned above, motor and transmission are GONE. However, I do have the complete uncut 1998 engine harness.
I do NOT have the PCM. Radiator, condensor, ABS module were also removed
K-frame, engine stands, 4l60 crossmember and etc are all still in place. The vehicle did have traction control. and retains a 3.42 posi 4 chanel rear end. LS1 brakes all around are good. Chrome 16" wheels are in very nice shape. Not curbed or bent, and have decent mismatched brand tires.
__________________________________________________ ___

If you have any questions ask. Car has a lot of potential, and really shouldnt be parted out. If you have a drivetrain, this could be your ticket. I bought it with the plans of making a daily driver, but I have other vehicles that need to be repaired and finished. It wouldnt be logical for me to jump on this one.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Price is 1600.00 or best reasonable offer. I am willing to tinker with the price for the right buyer.
May even consider some part trades + cash for my drag car
*OR* If you have a solid rear end (ford 9", S60, 12 Bolt ready to go), I will do a straight up trade!