Model: Trans Am
Price: $1400
Mileage: 178000

Location Dallas, TX
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Engine LT1

Hi, I am selling my 1997 Black Trans Am. auto transmisiion, It has around 178,000 miles give or take a 1,000 miles.(battery is dead and I going off memory)
$1400
Serious buyers only or if you know someone feel free to pass along this info.
I'd welcome anyone on here to come take a look at the car.

Pm me and I will give you my phone number.
Clear Blue Title in Hand

Link to the pics
This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to
This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to

The car will have to be towed from here Or you can drain the gas(full tank) and change the battery, Fill coolant, Air up tires to drive it away but the transmission is out so it will take a while to go into second(I would recommend towing but up to you.)

All negatives
NEEDS NEW TRANSMISSION or rebuild(Has a Monster transmission with a high stall converter not sure which one though. Paid $1200 for it new some years back in 2005.(Has less than 5000 miles on that)
Car has not been started since August 2012. Hence Gas needs to be drained.
Can not find the wheel lock though Its here somewhere. (I know you guys know ways of getting around that.)
One of the lugs on the passenger rear tire broke.
Rear shocks need to be replaced
Passenger headlight makes the noise because of the stripped gear. I have the replacement and I replaced the driver side already. It needs the plastic bezel that goes on the headlight back on. I have it, but could not get it back on properly with the bra
Rims have some wheel rash.
Weather stripping on rear window needs to be replaced
Could use new paint
Needs oil change. I have the oil and K&N filter
Driver tailight has a crack in it. Works good though
May need a battery, The battery is new but the car has not been started in a year so might need to be replaced.
Rear quarter panels need the plastic screws(they stay down just find though)
Kenwood Excelon x589 cd player sometimes the backlight will go out but it still works)
Speakers work good but I would change them out
TAGS AND INSPECTION OUT
Driver seat has the seams come out on the left side. Common problem

All the good stuff

Complete tune up performed April 2012 with less than 2 miles.
BRAND NEW OPTISPARK, MSD WIRES, WATER PUMP, HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR AND ignition coil
HAS k&N Intake, replaced ram air with K&N because it seemed to pick up quicker than the ram air.
Hooker Catback Exhaust
18 inch c6 corvette replica wheels
Ram Air hood
Has fan switch, I really like controlling the temp after owning a 94 trans am that would run too hot for my liking.
NEW tint put on last summer including t tops.
Already wired for amp and subs(just need to put RCA cable)
Besides the driver seat the leather is in pretty good shape throughout the car.
Tires have a lot of tread left but because of it sitting I do not know if they will need to be replaced)

Now everyone might be thinking this is a too cheap of a price or not. I really just lost interest in the car and am looking to get a new ride by March.
Since the tune up the car has less than 2 miles on that. I drove it to autozone and back, and I would start it every two weeks until August. Prior to the tune up back in April 2012 the car was not started for a year(August 2011), I drained the gas and it cranked up first start that is why I am confident it will start up once the gas is drained. Engine has always been good and I would drive it between Grand prairie and North Dallas frequently. Bought it with 160000 miles back in summer 2007 and 80% of miles I put on it are highway miles. Always changed the oil every 2000 miles.
I was going to put some time and $ into it this year but plans changed.

Please do not try to negotiate the price because I feel this is a really good deal and I know guys on here would really do this car some justice. I do not expect it to last long at this price. First come first serve.
Feel free to pm me with any questions. I always have access to internet and I'm usually up till around 5 AM for you night owls.

I listed everything I know is wrong with the car and that should be replaced.

I also have some brand new JET Hot headers for LT1 f body for sale $400(retail for $529+shipping)
and brand new Dynomax ultra flo SS welded mufflerfor LS1 and LT1 Fbody for $100

Thanks you for your time
-Shane

Last edited by shaneatlh; 01-24-2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: New price
Old 01-24-2014, 01:25 AM

Re: 1997 Trans Am Ram Air $1700 Dallas Texas Need Transmission

Bumpity bump