01 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6 FS

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 09:10 AM

01 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6 FS

I have a 2001 WS6 Trans Am to sell in nearly perfect condition. It is RED. I have not found any blemishes in the paint anywhere. It has t-tops and polished 17" stock wheels and tires with plenty of tread. The interior tan/black and is super clean with no rips in the leather. The car runs like it should. It is a 6 speed car.

The Bad: The car has 117k miles on it. I have had it less than a month, so the previous owner must have done some serious highway driving. The drivers door panel inside has a crack on the top near the window that you can see in the pictures.

I am located in Deland Florida. I am asking $13500 for it but am open to offers. I have pictures here:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...iew=thumbs&ck=

Thanks for looking
John
Old 01-01-2005, 07:03 PM

Re: 01 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6 FS

Yeah, it is not a 93 worth only about $3000. It is an 01 WS6, check the book. It is actually worth more.

I dont understand why people have to reply to an ad they are not even interested in. Like I said, check the book. KBB private party is $13815 for good condition and this car could easily pass for excellent.

If you dont want it or cant afford it, dont reply.

Here is the KBB copy for good, excellent is $14950 and like I said, it is close. Under 100k would be a lot more.

Florida • January 1, 2005
2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Coupe 2D

Engine: V8 5.7 Liter
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 117,000

Search Listings for This Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Buy a New Car

Free Record Check

Auto Loans from 3.95% APR

Insurance Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Equipment
Ram Air Handling Pkg
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Multi Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Dual Power Seats
T-Bar Roof
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Good
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history , the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $13,815
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:24 PM

children grow uo my truck is worth more then all ur cars put toghter.....j/k anyways Pm me witht he bets u will take for it i got a friend looking for one
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Funny, I dont recall reading in that first post that you had a friend interested. Maybe you could have mentioned that instead of acting like a moron. You did see where it says open to offers, did you not?? I placed the ad for just under good KBB. I figured that was a good starting place. Honestly, have you ever seen another 01 WS6 this cheap? And it is a nice car. And an engine build up does not add value to your car. It is still only worth $3000, if it is nice.

Then this guy says grow up But then tried to tell us his truck is worth more than all our cars put together. Thats funny, I know you were KIDDING. I currently have sitting in the garage and driveway, a 00 S2000 with 21k on it, a 97 M3, a 99 323 convertible, an 02 Celica GT, an 02 Civic ES, a 99 Navigator, an 01 Mazda Millenia, and an 80 TR8 with the titles to almost all of them, all in great condition and only 2 lisenced drivers. And my dad can beat up your dad. But again who really cares?? I just love cars and I was merely proving a point. I am selling this WS6(well actually everything I own is always for sale). I have been on this list a while and I was actually thinking it was a good price and thought I would offer it here before I advertise it elsewhere.

If someone is truley interested, without any offers, I will take $13000. Or again, make an offer. I know what I need to get out of it and I have some room to play. KBB private party Good is usually a good place to start. Even KBB Fair places it at $12360. If it were cash in hand I might even take that.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:41 AM

well anyways my friend has 10k to spend and ur just a lil out side his limits
Old 01-02-2005, 10:46 AM

Thats cool. I cant take that low. Not for this car. It is nice.

Thanks for the interest.
John
Old 01-02-2005, 10:52 AM

i will talk to him and see what he says hes in the navy and hes some where down in florida now
Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Yo PitTA, although I hate picking sides, Im with ya on this one. Although I didnt like the way you handled your arguement in this last post from you. I live in Chgo and your car with 50K miles on it is still going for $20-21G. 2002's are going for $23-25. Chgo sucks on pricing these. I personally have a 2000 SS that is mint as can be with 90K miles less then your car. I paid $19G for it a year ago. I do agree that $13G for a car over 100K miles on it is too much when the car starts off @$30G. 100K miles is around 2/3 what cars put on them now a days so I would say a true fair asking price would be $10G. But let me finish by saying this. You have the right to ask $100G for your car if you think it is worth it. A person such as myself can give you my opinion on a price, but that is all it is, an opinion. Your opinion is that it is worth more and I can respect that. If I personally dont feel it is, I can move on and not even reply to this thread: simple as that. So by all means, ask what you want (Lord knows I do for my cars I sell, Im a car lover too and always feel my cars are worth MORE then their value) and I honestly hope you get what you are looking for. I have known many cars to hit 100K miles and still feel like they are running new if most are highway miles. Good luck freind. PEACE! KIR
Old 01-02-2005, 12:43 PM

Well thats fine. If you dont want it no problem. Try finding one that cheap. I know because I looked for a long time to find this one. Hell the trade in is around $12000. I took it to Carmax and they will buy it from me $11350 without trading it in on anything. The car honestly looks and feels like it has more like 35k on it. I bought a 2000 Z28 Convertible a couple years ago and it had more marks on it at 12000 when I bought it than this one has. Trust me, this will last a lot more miles. It was not abused or modified and was a 1 owner Florida car, was never wrecked nor does it have any paint work.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:05 PM

PS According to almost all pricing sites, Edmunds, KBB, NADA the deduct for the mileage is about $2500 to $3000. So going on Keepinitreal's pricing tier the car should sell for over $17000 if low mile ones sell for $20k or so.

In actuallity 01s with low mileage only sell for about $17000 or lower around here. This is a nice car at a very low price. Look around.

Just something to keep in mind.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:23 PM

Thumbs down Re: 01 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6 FS

you are the man
Old 01-02-2005, 06:55 PM

You know what, you are an ***. The fact is that I am an f-body enthusiast and really just wanted to give the f-body crowd first dibs on it. I was open to offers and clearly stated that. I really did not put it here to have some jackass like you browbeat me over used car values. The car is well worth what I am asking and I will take much less. If you dont want it stay out of the thread. The car is up for sale, not up for discussion. If I wanted to discuss it I would have posted in general discussion areas.

Please, if you are not interested in the car please dont post here. Talk about me on the discussion boards, not For Sale boards.

It will be in the local auto trader starting this week if anyone is seriously interested.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:05 PM

sry man he cant do it like i said it just out side his limits
Old 01-02-2005, 07:22 PM

No problem. You had mentioned that you would talk to him, so I figured I would shoot you a bottom line deal. Thanks anyway.
John
Old 01-02-2005, 11:11 PM

This car is beautiful. I will see what I can do on a loan. If I dont go to school next year id be good. This car is beautiful and is definetally a very cheap price. You couldnt touch this car on eBay for close to $14k.

Quick Reply: 01 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6 FS