{FS} 1967 Rally Sport Camaro 327 Small Block TH400 85k miles PROJECT---

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Cool {FS} 1967 Rally Sport Camaro 327 Small Block TH400 85k miles PROJECT---

Same pics, but bigger here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/224853...evrolet-camaro

Up for sale is a Classic 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Rally Sport.

*** THIS CAR IS CURRENTLY A PROJECT CAR ... MEANING IT NEEDS WORK, AND CANNOT BE DRIVEN HOME ***

I am the 4th owner of this car, and the car has "been in the family" since it was new. It has spent 34 of its 46 years in Arizona (originally an Arizona car ) and has spent the last 12 years in Missouri. It has 86,XXX original miles. Sat for 10 years, then I got it and drove it 2,000 miles over 2 years, and then it sat for the next 10 years.

Its a true Rally Sport by checking the VIN, and came from the factory with the 327 that is in it ( stock block and bottom end ). It was white with a black nose stripe, and a black vinyl top, with a black interior.

Came with 4 wheel drums, still 4 wheel drums.

Rear lip spoiler has been ADDED, was not stock.

It needs a repaint but most of the rust is surface rust BESIDES the drivers and passenger lower rear quarter panel from the trunk leaking. Also baseball sized rust under both doors.
White vinyl top is showing signs of cracking but is still complete. Rust is showing through the cracks.

Window Weatherstripping and window rollers replaced all around except the back window.
Needs ALL floor pans replaced (all but passenger side front has a hole in them). May as well replace the carpet too while your at it ($250 for pans/ $100 for carpet)

Has a few electrical issues from a bad car alarm (horn, bright lights, windshield washer motor needs replaced, and the drivers door is locked shut from a stuck automatic lock actuator).
-Both doors will need new manual locking internals ... or you can add a new car alarm with automatic lock actuator control (locks doors automatically when the alarm is armed)
The interior is in pretty good shape ... good headliner and is complete. Front black vinyl buckets with black cloth centers, and rear black vinyl bench. Gray Carpet. Custom door panels (red, gray, black) that are warping. Non-cracked dash with good dash pad (has a dashmat installed). Original RS chrome/black steering wheel.
Missing STOCK RS grille and motors, and the AC (the dash has AC vents).

It has been sitting in storage for the past 12 years ... and will need a full fluid flush ( gas too ) , and tuneup stuff ( distributor cap, plugs, wires, and probably a carb rebuild ).

Recent Mods (installed but sitting for 8-12 years):
*Full PST Polygraphite frontend rebuild w/ manual steering rack. (10 miles on it)
*Eibach 2" front lowering springs (10 miles on it)
*Full 2 1/2" header back exhaust w/ Holley Aero Chamber Mufflers (10 miles)
*Topend Rebuild (2k miles on it)
- L79 (corvette) 350hp high output cam (222/222 .447/.447), stock lifters, stock rockers, stock pushrods
*Holley 600 Double Pumper (rebuilt 2k miles ago)
*Rebuilt Power Packer 283 Heads with new valves and z28 spec springs(2k miles) with polished tall valvecovers
*Billet HEI Distributor (2k miles)
*Steel Motor Mounts (2k miles)
*PAW High Performance Water Pump (2k miles) with new timing chain
*New Stock Spec alternator (2k miles)
*Edelbrock Aluminum RPM Performer Intake Manifold (2k miles)
*Flushed and prodded stock radiator (2k miles)
*4 new brake cylinders (2k miles)
- New Brake Pads all around (2k miles) with new drum brake springs (2k miles)
*Hedman Coated LongTube Headers that are flaking off and rusting (2k miles)
*BOP Turbo 400 Transmission with a reverse valvebody and a B&M Slapstick shifter (20k miles) fluid flush + filter (2k miles)
*4- BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires with less than 10 miles on them ... but they are dry rotting (holding air). Rears are 275/60/15.
--- Will need 2 front replacement tires ASAP , with a lower profile. These tires RUB (side to side) with the 2" lowering springs installed.
*Stock Oil Pump replaced (2k miles)
*Stock Fuel Pump replaced (2k miles)
*Stock Timing Chain Replaced (2k miles) with chromed cover.
*Kenwood CD Deck / JBL 6 x 9 " speakers in the rear / Kenwood Tweeters in the AC vents up front / "Bass Shakers" under the front seats with a PROFILE Amp
*3" Tachometer mounted on the column, Triple 1 1/2" gauges installed but not mounted (sitting on the transmission hump) Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, Voltometer.
*15" Front and Rear Chrome KMC Deep Dish Wheels (slight rust starting on the lips) .
*All windows have been tinted (20% on the sides , 5% on the rear)
*New Stock Spec shocks up front , Air Shocks in the rear ( 2k miles )
*"Frenched" Antennae.

This engine SHOULD be putting out around 350 horsepower. Has a lot of pep and revvs forever!!! Very fun to drive.

All the dash gauges work.

Will need a drivers side Mirror ... I took the chrome one off to clear the car cover , and I lost it in my recent move (if I find it I can include it).

Stock rearend, not sure of the gears (probably stock ... but may not be since it has a chrome cover).

This car ran GREAT when it was running. I then parked it and forgot about it (focusing on modifications for the future).
It honestly should be an easy project for someone who just wants a cruiser. I let it sit because I had "big plans" for it , including a 502 Ram Jet Big Block and a t-56 6 speed. I didnt want to drive it the way it was ... didnt want to risk wrecking it before I could modify it.
I am sick of watching it age, and never finding the time to put into it.
Please NO TIRE KICKERS, I have limited spare time.

The great thing about this car , is the money you put into it ... is more money you will get out of it someday. Keeps appreciating in value everyday!!! At this price the value can only go up as you work on it.

You are welcome to come do any tests on the car or get it running if you wish.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SETTING UP A TOW TRUCK TO GET THE CAR HOME. I can bring a battery if you want to test the electrical stuff , but car does NOT come with a battery.
NADA is valuing these cars at $13,000 - $40,000.

***AS IS I want $8999 OBO

I'm not trying to make any money on this, just trying to recoop most of the money I have into it.

Here are links to 3 walkaround videos on youtube. I also have 25 pics I can email you if you are interested ---

OUTSIDE:

INSIDE:

ENGINE:

THANKS for your time !!! ---

Last edited by AlwaysCode390; 10-15-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Re: {FS} 1967 Rally Sport Camaro 327 Small Block TH400 85k miles PROJECT---

Price Lowered ---