Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Why is it louder in his car then mine-subs

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 09:43 AM

Why is it louder in his car then mine-subs

ok, here's another thing i am wondering about- i have a 94 camaro had the stock 3 spk bose sys i got a new head unit put in and the front 2 spks replaced and the 3rd one still works my friend has a 91 camaro just has a after market hu put in and 2 new spks but we both have one 12 and an amp both amps are different his is better then mine, or so i thought both amps push his sub a whole lot better in his car then i can in my car my amp pushes his sub much better then his did but it pushes mine no where near like his and i thought his amp was better bc his hits harder but when i put it in my car it doesnt hit at all does anyone nkow why this is happening my wires are better then his and im not running my rcas and power wire next to each other like he is
Old 07-07-2003, 10:57 AM

Re: Why is it louder in his car then mine-subs

Originally posted by HurstWS6speed
ok, here's another thing i am wondering about- i have a 94 camaro had the stock 3 spk bose sys i got a new head unit put in and the front 2 spks replaced and the 3rd one still works my friend has a 91 camaro just has a after market hu put in and 2 new spks but we both have one 12 and an amp both amps are different his is better then mine, or so i thought both amps push his sub a whole lot better in his car then i can in my car my amp pushes his sub much better then his did but it pushes mine no where near like his and i thought his amp was better bc his hits harder but when i put it in my car it doesnt hit at all does anyone nkow why this is happening my wires are better then his and im not running my rcas and power wire next to each other like he is
I think my brain's going to explode... PUNCTUATION please....

what amps? what subs? what types of enclosures?How are the amps wired?
Old 07-07-2003, 11:40 AM

Re: Re: Why is it louder in his car then mine-subs

Originally posted by 97FormulaWS-6
I think my brain's going to explode... PUNCTUATION please....

what amps? what subs? what types of enclosures?How are the amps wired?
Im with stupid.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:47 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:37 PM

wellyouseethatisbecausehehasathirdgencarandyouhave afourthgencarthedynamicsofthetwocarsaretotallydiff erentandyouwouldbesurprisedathowmuchofadifferencet hatcanmakeintwodifferentcarswiththesamesetupeither waythefbodyshatchworksrealwellinacaraudioenvironme ntyoucangetalotwithasmallsub
Old 07-07-2003, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by Constrictor98TA
wellyouseethatisbecausehehasathirdgencarandyouhave afourthgencarthedynamicsofthetwocarsaretotallydiff erentandyouwouldbesurprisedathowmuchofadifferencet hatcanmakeintwodifferentcarswiththesamesetupeither waythefbodyshatchworksrealwellinacaraudioenvironme ntyoucangetalotwithasmallsub
LOL
Old 07-08-2003, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Constrictor98TA
IfullyagreewitheverythingthatconstrictorsaidEspeci allythepartaboutthevehicledynamicsIhavebothandsubs actcompletelydifferentineachcarthisisofcoursedepen dingonplacementWasthereanychangeinthesettingsofthe mampbetweenthecarIfnotdoesoneoftheheadunitshaveadi fferentoutputvoltageforthesubchannelArebothsubsetu psthesameohmratingAnsweringthesetwoquestionswillgi veabetterideaofwhattheanswermaybe

Peace , I'm out!
Old 07-08-2003, 12:44 AM

I have a headache...
Old 07-08-2003, 07:35 AM

My vote goes to you having a stock bose setup vs. his after market setup...and the difference in dynamics hahaha

butyouneverknowIcouldbewrongmanyouwouldn'tbelieveh owmanytimesIhadtobackspacetogetthisright
Old 07-08-2003, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by robtombie
My vote goes to you having a stock bose setup vs. his after market setup...and the difference in dynamics hahaha

butyouneverknowIcouldbewrongmanyouwouldn'tbelieveh owmanytimesIhadtobackspacetogetthisright
if you look at myfirst post it says i had <---past tense, had a 3 speaker bose and i got new speakers
Old 07-09-2003, 07:18 AM

My bad... it threw me when you labeled his stereo as an aftermarket and just said you replaced yours...I just figured you put in a new bose HU and speakers...plus I lost a few brain cells trying to read the rest of the thread
Old 07-09-2003, 09:16 AM

since you know how the set up is now does anyone know the answer
Old 07-09-2003, 09:41 AM

hmmm I'm thinking maybe the voltage of his stereo maybe higher than yours...I've noticed that by changing head units...from a 2volt to a 4volt preamp...
Old 07-09-2003, 10:02 AM

anyway i can change that my cd player i know cost more hten his and both are jvc's
Old 07-09-2003, 10:26 AM

how it's setup.. you still haven't said a thing about the subs, amps, boxes, wiring, etc.....

Quick Reply: Why is it louder in his car then mine-subs