Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

using hi level inputs off bose headunit...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 08:25 PM

using hi level inputs off bose headunit...

i've got a 95 camaro with the bose cd system and 5 speakers....

what i'd like to do is use the high level inputs on my Audiocontrol EQX directly from the head unit, i've got the sucker out of the dash, and none of the wire colors coming out of the deck match what www.installdr.com says or what my haynes manual says. the only ones that match are the ignition, power, ground, illumination.....but none of the speaker wires match up.....

has anybody else encountered this?

also another problem i have encountered is that coming out of harness where the "speaker" wires are supposed to coming before they head to the bose amps there are two bare wires....like completely bare for as far back as i can get the electrical tape....

i've got my remote wire tapped into my ignition wire, and now i'm stuck on this....so should i use the GM "specs" from installdr.com, they've got a picture of what my harness looks like, exactly, so should i just copy that and go for it???....all i need to use is the front outputs from the deck, as i've got 3 sets of outputs on my eq.....but only one set of inputs....and hopefully they output full range before they hit the amps....

and where does the sub amp get it's signal??? do some wires split off before it reaches the amps in the doors?

thanks for any quick info....as i'd like to get this done before i head to bed tonite
Old 05-22-2003, 02:51 PM

Sorry man... i can't help..... but I'll give this a little bump for my little llama....