Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

test to see if they work,what wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 04:12 PM

test to see if they work,what wrong?

sup guys i have a question about aftermarket gauges, how can u tell if its the senders or the gauges or a problem with the ground?

heres my problem that is just driveing me crazy!: i installed a oil pressure and water temp gauge because i have a electrical problem and wires are messed so these 2 gauges dont wok after the motor swap.
anyway i put both wire to the proper sender and i notice that my oil pressure guage when the car is turned on will just go right to the end(red line i guess u can call it) and when i shut her off it goes back to 0, does that mean everything is fine and the sender is bad??(oh also i though maby i might have marked the wires wrong so put the oil pressure wire to the water temp sender in the block and the oil press gauge did not go to the end this time it was like it was working anyone know what up with this, would that no mean that the water temp sender is working?????

as for the water temp the gauge needle just stay at the the end(redlined) all the time when car is off or on, but i notice if car is off and i move around the gauge in the pod it will go to 0. does this mean i did something wrong with the wireing???? because i just put a new water temp sending in the block in the winter and when i hooked oil pressure line to it the gauge was reading??

oh my car is a 83 z28 and engine is a 78 camaro 350.

please help me out on this guys i am goin crazy not seeing what my engine is doin, pluse it worries me big time. sry for being so long i had to explan everything i know as of now so guys know everything, please help me.