Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

System For A Friend

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:53 PM

System For A Friend

My friend wants to get some bass in his car. Its a 1984 Mercedes 300 Turbo Diesel. He doesnt want to spend alot so how would this be? Like quality and everything
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...0&type=product
Old 04-20-2005, 01:48 AM

Re: System For A Friend

the stuff best buy has isn't all that good. well........not by my standards anyway. if your friend is interested, i can get him hooked up with some other stuff, while it is still in stock. this site is in german, but you can get the point.

2 of these for $125 each..
http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/deutsch/05_rw12sal.htm

and this amp for $250 (if there's still some left)...
http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/deutsch/08_ha2250x.htm

the line didn't pick up fast enough here in the states, so they decided not to bring them into the country anymore. the importer still has some stock on hand they want to get rid of. normal prices are much more than what is listed above. if you're interested, i can put you in touch with the importer. but don't be alarmed when they answer as "TREO". they are the international/national handler for them as well.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:57 PM

Paper cone woofer??? The specs that that sub is stating seem to be pretty good but the paper cone.........??? I think the power it can handle and the pressure created in the box w/ the rest of the speaker, might blow that paper cone out and crate some crappy bass. Get some cheap JL's or some cheap Alpine S series w/ a Cadence amp. Stay away from Sony and No-Namers... I have had a cadence amp for the past three years and I have'nt had a prob w/ it yet.

Cadence Amps...Dual power supplies, Hexfet and Mosfet, built in cooling fan (big at the time I bought it) adjustable sub-sonic filter, remote options, seperate imputs for stiffining capacator......I likey! Cadence Sound They have since changed their amp's external styling...
Old 04-27-2005, 01:35 PM

If you are looking for some serious bass, that is cheap...I suggest gettin 1 Audiobahn 12" 1500 watt flame sub, put it in a ported box, and run a 1400 watt American Legacy amp. this stuff you can get on ebay for cheap, I have owned this very system, and have had many many systems and this one is the best I have come across, especially for the price, hell my buddy spent 3 times as much and has 2 subs and my set up with one sub was still way louder. Had it in my Eclipse...and it gave anyone in the car a headache within seconds, and blured vision...this is no bull. if interested I can tell you the measurements on the box so you can build your own (that is what I did)
Old 04-28-2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28
Paper cone woofer??? The specs that that sub is stating seem to be pretty good but the paper cone.........??? I think the power it can handle and the pressure created in the box w/ the rest of the speaker, might blow that paper cone out and crate some crappy bass. Get some cheap JL's or some cheap Alpine S series w/ a Cadence amp. Stay away from Sony and No-Namers... I have had a cadence amp for the past three years and I have'nt had a prob w/ it yet.

Cadence Amps...Dual power supplies, Hexfet and Mosfet, built in cooling fan (big at the time I bought it) adjustable sub-sonic filter, remote options, seperate imputs for stiffining capacator......I likey! Cadence Sound They have since changed their amp's external styling...
there are awesome paper cone subs out there. but anyway, those GZ subs are aluminim cones, hence the AL at the end of the model. and those prices are nearly half of retail.