Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

stereo cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 03:08 PM

stereo cutting out

For the past little while my CD player has been driving me insane. It will just turn off whenever it wants (and takes the power windows with it) and then just comes back on whenever it feels like it. I have tried to find something that it might be related too (too much power running maybe) but it would do it with everything off (fog lights, lights, 12V, cig). It usually only does it when I have been drivin the car for a longer period of time and usually in town driving. But it has done it on the freeway and when the car hasn't been driven alot. I have no idea what the problem could be. I have an aftermarket JVC CD player in right now, which IS NOT the problem because it did this with the stock CD player. It has been getting worse lately and will just turn off and on, off and on for long periods of time driving me completely bonkers! If anybody knows how to fix this or has experienced a similar problem please fill me in on how to fix this. It has been holding me back from putting the rest of my stereo in because I don't want to have it turn on all of the sudden when the stereo was really loud and pop the subs. Oh, forgot something, the deck is motorized, and I can eject my cd (face flips down and ejects) but nothing else when it is turned off.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:12 PM

It sounds like a bad ground. I wouldn't know where to tell you to start troubleshooting, except look at all the grounds you can find.