Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Rear Seat Speakers Not Working??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 09:27 PM

Rear Seat Speakers Not Working??

My rear seat speakers aren't working... either one. I replaced them with 2 new ones and still nothing. Someone mentioned on another board that some fbodies came with rear seat speakers that never even worked?? Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:42 PM

the guy i bought my 87 iroc from was the orininal owner. he said the stereo was still completely stock (not anymore), and that the rear speakers never worked. i kinda thought it was an odd story at first, but then i read up on it, and found out it did happen to some cars. so you're not alone on that one
Old 04-23-2004, 12:40 AM

my guess would be somewhere your speaker wire was either damage or pulled the wrong way....

if your using an aftermarket head unit, this would be easy to find out...

if your using the stock head unit and stock wiring, it may be a bit tricky to find the problem...
Old 04-25-2004, 08:40 AM

yeah Im kinda having a simalr problem my front speakers dont work either when I bought the car it had a ****y 10 inch sub in the back just laying there with like a 200 watt pioneer amp and he said it sounds good but you cant hear it with the top down I wanted to laugh but anyway the wire job behind the unit is by far the worst ever it sorrta looks like he dident even use a wire harness he did but on the harness all four speaker wires are cut and are going to 2 seprate RCA boxs both boxs work somewhat if you twist the rca wire around a couple times but I have been a little lazy about fixing it Im thinking about just running speaker wire from the two door speakers to the deck but Im not sure were to hook them into I was thinking just to tap into the rear speakers or try something eles I wanna just take it in and have all the wires fixed back to normal
Old 04-25-2004, 09:40 PM

man, you wanna talk about a mess of wires, i wish i woulda taken a pic of mine so i could post it to show you just how stupid some people can be. almost every wire behind the dash board is spliced in about 3 different places. this moron even had a couple speaker wires spliced together and then into the head unit... what a dumb***. anyways, the carpet is coming up soon and i'm gonna re-wire the whole interior. then to the engine...which i dont wanna even start talking about the jerry-rigged wiring in there...anyone know where i can find a wiring harness for the engine compartment so i dont have to go thru it individually and replace each one??