Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Need Some Opinions + Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 02:34 PM

Need Some Opinions + Help

I have a 94 Z with the factory Bose CD system. My car was put up for a while, but before parking it the cd player worked fine. I also drove it every once in a while during this time and the player always worked. Now since I have gotten the car back out on the road full time the cd player has stopped working. The head unit works fine otherwise, it just won't play cd's. I don't need or want anything much better than a stock setup. I am not into car audio or anything like that. I just need to be able to play cd's. That said would I be better off buying an aftermarket head unit to replace the bose...or buying a used bose unit off ebay to replace mine? I am not going to replace the speakers in the car, the head unit is the only thing I am looking to replace. Ofcourse I am also looking to spend the least possible since the audio system is not that important to me. Any recommedations for aftermarket decks or where to get one. I am looking for the easiet installation possible. Also I need to know what other accessories I might need for installing an aftermarket unit. I know you need a bose adapter...where is the cheapest place to get one of these? As you can tell by reading this, I am far from an audio expert so please be as detailed as you can with your recommendations and opinions. Thanks in advance.