Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

car+alarm+me=BAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:56 PM

Angry car+alarm+me=BAD

well I had today off and just got a new clifford alarm system ( arrow 5 )
I started to install it, ran the hot wires ( from the fuse box )
got the ground, and the speaker all wired..
started on the door locks.. after a bit I figured it out for our backwards cars, after blowing one of the door switch fuses, replaced it and fixed the prob..
I plug the batt back in after re-wireing the door lock relays,
The batt sparked a little more then normal when I pluged the neg cable back on.. This is the fun part I go to start the car and nothing,,,,
I have yet to mess with the ignition part of the alarm..
My speakers play for like 1 min or so then are not doing a dang thing and the deck is acting weird ...??? So I checked all my fuses and relays in the fuse box in and under the hood... This has me lost here I have no clue how I could have messed it up and I do not think I chould have fried any thing, but I guess I do have bad luck.. Due to the fact that it was clicking like crazy when I tryed to start the car.. so I tested the starter ( 12v power to it bypassing every thing ) and it is just clicking.. so the next thing I am going to do is take out the starter ( on a 3.4 taking out the starter sucks! ) any one else have any ideas, I will get back to you after I take this thing out and if this fixes the starting prob then I am still stuck on fixing the audio....
car is a 95 firebird m5
Old 09-09-2004, 10:47 PM

Re: car+alarm+me=BAD

If your starter is just clicking it means that there isn't enough battery power to start, so you most likely wired something up wrong and drained your battery. First thing would be to disconnec the power wires and second would be charge your battery while you figure it out or else get a jump and let the car run for a bit to recharge.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:07 AM

Re: car+alarm+me=BAD

wow! After siting here and thinking about it does seem like it is from a drained batt.. man cant believe I overlooked that thanks a million! I will try that tomorrow, one more time thanks a lot