Buyer/Seller Feedback Please report dealings on this site accurately and fairly. Disputes/arguments should be handled by authorities and will be closed or deleted.

WonQuickZ28 = Bad Seller

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 PM

WonQuickZ28 = Bad Seller

I purchased a 1997 Z28 from this guy. He tells me the only thing wrong with the car is that it has an exhaust leak at the y pipe and needs a new band clamp. Too easy! I fly from Dallas to Florida to get the car because as far as I can tell the guy is a stand up dude. No negative on the boards here or LS1Tech where he also posts.

List of problems associated with the car at this point. Electrical gremlin that comes and goes so when you make a left turn at more than about 10mph it blows the dimmer panel fuse, electrical gremlin where the car loses 100% power until you unhook the battery for a few minutes then hook it back up, bad driver hub, bad driver ball joint, reused the stock exhaust manifold gaskets so both sides leaked like crazy, only tightened down the header bolts enough to hold the headers on the car (some were literally an 1/8th inch away from the flange), 6 of 8 spark plugs were NOT even hand tight and were able to be removed without a wrench, clutch on it's last leg, drain for the AC clogged so when you use the AC the water drips INSIDE the car! (nice puddles), ignition coil zip tied to the friggin FENDER!!!!, rear hatch struts toast, I'm sure there is more that I have forgotten but I will be sure to update and post my next findings. Stay away from this guy... he'll screw you fast!

BTW Tyler if you read this.... thanks for selling me this car. It's actually in good hands and being taken care of. It runs like a champ now that the issues have been ironed out. Don't treat that TA like you did this Z... it just wont last!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

WoW...that sucks.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Driver strut and strut mount torn to hell after taking it apart to replace the ball joint. Just add it to the list.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:50 AM

Fall apart

I wonder what happens when u take the stock a-arms off Wednsday I bet the wheels are going to fall off.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:05 PM

you didnt tell them about the gun I have, with the barrell so long I held it to your head from Florida to make you buy the car without ever seeing it or driving it, or the two months it took you to come pick it up. As is means AS IS. I drove the car back and forth to Tallahassee for 3 years with no problems. Im assuming after a 135k mile LT1 sits in a garage for 3 months it loses some element of good running. Why do you think I SOLD and LT1 and BOUGHT an LS1.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM

PS, those are not stock exhaust gaskets, im not a moron. Those are the gaskets jet hot sent with the headers. The spark plugs are brand new so I dont know what the **** youre talking about there, and I TOLD you the strut hatches were toast when you picked it, because theyre prolly stock and havent been used in three months it took you to come get the car.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM

I invite all to look at my feedback rating on LS1, and since I havent sold **** on there, look at my ebay account shuez28, look at all the bad stuff that was on there, SYKE!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen97Z
I purchased a 1997 Z28 from this guy. He tells me the only thing wrong with the car is that it has an exhaust leak at the y pipe and needs a new band clamp. Too easy! I fly from Dallas to Florida to get the car because as far as I can tell the guy is a stand up dude. No negative on the boards here or LS1Tech where he also posts.

List of problems associated with the car at this point. Electrical gremlin that comes and goes so when you make a left turn at more than about 10mph it blows the dimmer panel fuse, electrical gremlin where the car loses 100% power until you unhook the battery for a few minutes then hook it back up, bad driver hub, bad driver ball joint, reused the stock exhaust manifold gaskets so both sides leaked like crazy, only tightened down the header bolts enough to hold the headers on the car (some were literally an 1/8th inch away from the flange), 6 of 8 spark plugs were NOT even hand tight and were able to be removed without a wrench, clutch on it's last leg, drain for the AC clogged so when you use the AC the water drips INSIDE the car! (nice puddles), ignition coil zip tied to the friggin FENDER!!!!, rear hatch struts toast, I'm sure there is more that I have forgotten but I will be sure to update and post my next findings. Stay away from this guy... he'll screw you fast!

BTW Tyler if you read this.... thanks for selling me this car. It's actually in good hands and being taken care of. It runs like a champ now that the issues have been ironed out. Don't treat that TA like you did this Z... it just wont last!
Why is it that you have had the car for what, 3 months at least, and you are just now saying this? You test drove the car before you picked it up?

It's a used car with 135K miles, you come pick it up, look it over, and drive back to texas. 3 months later you come on here complaining.

I have ridden in that car numerous times and funny how I never noticed any of these problems you are complaining about?

You cannot buy a used car and expect it to be brand new, **** happens. You have put how many miles on it, you took how long to pay, and 3 months after you have the car you start complaining? I think if the problems were that bad you would have noticed on the 1K mile drive home, but no? It's only after you have the car, a sports car that I am sure you don't baby around town, you come on here complaining.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 AM

I picked the car up... drove to Texas... then went on a month of active duty training. When I got back home I started driving the car. I sent my initial messages about the issue I found a good bit ago. I gave plenty of time to respond to them. The car had 136k on it when I picked it up. It has 140,400 right now. The car had a rattle in the front driver wheel. Check my ebay feedback and see when I started buying parts to fix EVERY problem I have been finding.

I didn't expect the car to be new and run like new. What I expected was a exhaust leak that would be able to be fixed with the band clamp he provided. The hatch struts were not a huge deal but a shock coming out of the strut mount and jamming into the spring is not something that happens overnight. This car was misrepresented from the start. The description was that there were NO issues with the car other than the exhaust leak. The car was just not taken care of and I have the right to come here and voice my OPINION.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:04 AM

FOR SELLER

Originally Posted by WonQuickZ28
P The spark plugs are brand new so I dont know what the **** youre talking about there
he said when u put the spark plugs in the new ones you put in you didn't tighten them. not very hard to understand.

it sat in the garage for 3 months and losses some element of good running? it siting in a garage for 3 months isnt really gona change any thing except maybe fuel breaking down a little. really has no corolation with the problems he is claiming.

what does the fact that you drove it back and forth to Tallahassee for 3 years have any thing to do with the condition of the car when you sold it? and the way you make it sound it like a) that this even had not happen to the car recent to selling it b) because it didnt break down on you meant that every thing was okay.

i dont feel you represent the car fairly to the seller and now your avoid and clouding the issue with to me irrelevant facts.

FOR BUYER

mean you really should have done a thorough inspection of the car before taking it. i dont think thats an excuse for the seller to not tell you whats wrong but might have saved u some troble.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 AM

Idiots

Okay first of all your his buddy so your going to take his side. First when you buy a car you are not going to run into those problems just by driving 1000k. Second We have spent Hours Fixing that car he has e-mailed you numerous times you haven’t responded. Third you just wanted to sell the car because you admitted after he bought it as you clearly stated let me see here Quote"Im assuming after a 135k mile LT1 sits in a garage for 3 months it loses some element of good running. Why do you think I SOLD and LT1 and BOUGHT an LS1." And just to confirm this we have e-mails on what you said what was wrong with the car. I laughed at Aron jokingly around and saying I bet you the plugs are not even in and what do you know I pulled almost all the plugs out by hand on drivers side and I even said to him im going to see what there gapped at, 0.65 plus and the gapper was going in and out. I dont think there are rats in florida that can loosen plugs when the car sat for months unless the ghost of ngk came by and said, hey lets loosen the plugs and gap them 0.656666666677788888 Just be truthful next time when you sell something and tell the person everything that was wrong with the car. Oh let me guess when you turned left or right your fuse didnt pop in Florida, I guess its the weather in Texas, they say everything is bigger in Texas. I guess the heat was to much for the fuse And last that whole dash had been taking apart trying to locate the left turn fuse popping problem. I have been working on cars for a long time and I have never seen a car put back together like a handicap person with no arms.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Zeueses 97 RamAir
Okay first of all your his buddy so your going to take his side. First when you buy a car you are not going to run into those problems just by driving 1000k. Second We have spent Hours Fixing that car he has e-mailed you numerous times you haven’t responded. Third you just wanted to sell the car because you admitted after he bought it as you clearly stated let me see here Quote"Im assuming after a 135k mile LT1 sits in a garage for 3 months it loses some element of good running. Why do you think I SOLD and LT1 and BOUGHT an LS1." And just to confirm this we have e-mails on what you said what was wrong with the car. I laughed at Aron jokingly around and saying I bet you the plugs are not even in and what do you know I pulled almost all the plugs out by hand on drivers side and I even said to him im going to see what there gapped at, 0.65 plus and the gapper was going in and out. I dont think there are rats in florida that can loosen plugs when the car sat for months unless the ghost of ngk came by and said, hey lets loosen the plugs and gap them 0.656666666677788888 Just be truthful next time when you sell something and tell the person everything that was wrong with the car. Oh let me guess when you turned left or right your fuse didnt pop in Florida, I guess its the weather in Texas, they say everything is bigger in Texas. I guess the heat was to much for the fuse And last that whole dash had been taking apart trying to locate the left turn fuse popping problem. I have been working on cars for a long time and I have never seen a car put back together like a handicap person with no arms.
P.S Aron I pray for you tonight hopefully the struts wont mysteriously unloosen themselves or the gas tank might fall off from driving to Texas. Oh by the Thats why you bought an Ls1 over and lt1 let me tell you, Ls1s might make more power out the box but right combo with an lt1 you can do some damage. Till this day I have an all bolt on lt1 and it runs strong as hell.