Buyer/Seller Feedback Please report dealings on this site accurately and fairly. Disputes/arguments should be handled by authorities and will be closed or deleted.

Charles Ferrell

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Charles Ferrell

If you post something for sale on here and you get a e-mail from this guy it's a scam! beware!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

Can you provide a bit more info?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM

Sure . He emailed me and said he had seen my add on here . And wanted a total price . And said he was getting a finders fee . He said the money that will be deposited in my account will be more than what I wanted for the items and I would need to cut him a check .
My Reply to him :

Really not a nice way to tell someone to go pound sand in there a--.. But I'm telling you to do just that.

Sorry. I that I posted in the feed back area .

Last edited by ayers1967; 07-12-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, thanks. What is his user name here?

Originally Posted by ayers1967
My Reply to him :

Really not a nice way to tell someone to go pound sand in there a--.. But I'm telling you to do just that.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Okay, thanks. What is his user name here?

He didn't tell me . Sorry
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by ayers1967
He didn't tell me . Sorry
Please PM me his e-mail address. Unless you gave out your e-mail address in the post, he would need to be a member here in order to gain access to it. If if he is a member here, I'd like to find his account so I can kick him off.

So far, the only thing people know to look out for is "Charles Ferrell", which is more than likely not a real name and not a fake name a scammer would be dumb enough to use twice.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Re: Charles Ferrell

just happened to me but i had a WTB thread up ill take snapshots on the emails and post em up. but i kept leading him on from beginning because hes from austria and only takes western union lmao. ill do it tomorrow during working hours!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Bykerboy869
just happened to me but i had a WTB thread up ill take snapshots on the emails and post em up. but i kept leading him on from beginning because hes from austria and only takes western union lmao. ill do it tomorrow during working hours!!!
Okay, how did he contact you? Through the site or did you give out your e-mail address so he could contact you directly?

Also, please see my post above yours.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 AM

I asked him for his username name for the site he said he didn't have one and got referred to the site to sell the parts and I never gave out my email in the post. I'll post pics up when I get off work and I'll message you Jason with his email and the actual contact info he gave me for himself
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Just forward the e-mails to me if you can, it would be easier for you. That will help me to determine how he contacted you.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 AM

Ok sounds good he contacted me through email and message me your email Jason and I'll do it during chow on my iPhone
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

My e-mail is jason@camaroz28.com.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 PM

never take a MO or check for more then the original amount ever, it is always a scam... they say oh sorry I sent too much can you refund me? Or its for shipping from someone and send the extra money via fedex or whatever, I would take the check and call the info on it. Usually they are already investigating the account. If not they should be. Remember its wire fraud and these scams are rampant... like ppl actually send em the money to find out 2 or 3 weeks later the check was no good and u are out not only money you withdrew from it but also the money you sent...
Old 02-19-2011, 11:40 PM

Jason i sent you the emails. its quite a few. and we have the same name so now you know which emails i sent you. i hope it helps
Old 02-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay guys, here's the bottom line.
  • If you do not publicly post your e-mail address, no one will be able to contact you via e-mail...which only makes sense.
  • The only way someone can e-mail you using this web site to your e-mail address on file with this web site, is for them to be a registered user here and to view your profile and contact you from there. If they are not registered as a user on this site, they will be unable to do this.
  • If they are a registered user of this site and go to contact you via e-mail, they are taken to a form which only allows them to enter a subject and a message (try sending a message to yourself to see how it works if you are unfamiliar with it). It does not reveal your e-mail address. When you reply to that e-mail directly to them, only then will they see your actual e-mail address.

So, if you are receiving e-mails from scammers using the user contact form, they are a member here and I can get rid of them if someone would be kind enough to forward me the e-mail that you receive after they fill out the form so I can get rid of them. If the e-mail goes directly to you, they somehow know your e-mail address.

I still don't know who "Charles Ferrell" is. There is no user name associated to it and since no one wants to provide me with an e-mail address, I cannot tell if he has an account here.

Bottom line...if you ask yourself, "Is this a scam?"...the answer is always YES.

Quick Reply: Charles Ferrell