Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Your 5th Gen Camaro Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 05:06 AM

Your 5th Gen Camaro Commercial

We had a post a while back with ideas for 5th Gen Camaro commercials and there was some great stuff there from many people, including myself. So post what you think the next Gens returning 06/07 commercials should be.

Last edited by IZ28; 09-04-2003 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:59 AM
cmc

From that thread:

Two months before they go on sale, show footage fading in and out of black of a '67 Camaro (orange, inside a garage) being uncovered and started up. Before the engine actually starts, fade to black permenantly and then just have the audio of the engine spinning to life and a couple blips of the throttle. Show the Chevy logo. 15 second ad.

About two weeks after that, show all the top of the line Camaros lined up side by side about 1.5 carwidths apart in a black room with a shiny black floor, left (oldest) to right (newest). Facing the left, have a crane shot pan back from the first gen, second gen, third gen, fourth gen, and then a fifth gen under a tan car cover, wind blowing on it.
Fade to black. Show the date of the public unveiling. 15 second ad.

Two more weeks. Show a red new Camaro at Laguna Seca or some other challenging and scenic track, with only a door/fender mounted camera. Up-tempo rock instrumental playing. Fade to black, fade in "CAMARO" logo, and above it the blue bowtie logo. 15 second ad.

Two more weeks (finally time), show most of the track shot (no music, just the engine), then a quick version of the crane shot from #2, the cover pulls off, and before you can really get an eyeful of the car, we return to the track and blend from the fender shot into a crane shot pulling back and the car (still not easy to identify due to it moving so quickly and the distance of the shot) is taking all the corners and looking just really cool. Cut to a shot of the tach, and zoom out and show the interior (quickly). Then cut back to the car coming to a stop and crane in for a closer (3/4 front) view. Hold for 5 seconds. Fade to black, "CAMARO", blue bowtie. 60-90 second ad.

After that, a few ads showing everything more up-close and detailed and (slightly) less dramatic; 'regular' ads.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:26 AM

That is a great idea, just reading that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 AM

I want a three minute and 42 second commercial with "Yankee Rose" by David Lee Roth as the background music.

It needs to be more like a music video than a commercial. Maybe even put Dave and Steve Vai in it. Somebody needs to keep Dave under control... Steve should be OK.

MINOR lyrical changes. "When she walks, watch, the sparks will fly" becomes "When she runs, watch, the sparks will fly." Camaros don't WALK.

I've been running this over and over in my head for weeks. I wish I had a computer genius who would be willing to make it with me... we could have a bitchin mpeg for download.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:57 AM

The Returning 5th Gen Camaro Talks To The M*****g

Later 06. (07 model year)

**Black screen then a red Chevy Bowtie appears and then goes black again, some wacky mysterious music in the background** A serious voice, "Iit all started 42 years ago with you coming out just 2 years before me." **A few fast pictures and video of M*****gs** "Your purpose was to be appealing and sporty, my purpose was to be better and defeat you." **A little light directed at an object in the complete black starts showing the lines and features of this car a tiny bit** "You were released and had great success." "Then, I came and it's been an aggressive competition that we've both always wanted to win ever since." **Video of all Gen Camaros racing street and track, taking sharp turns with no problem, the SCCA races, and just nice pictures of them looking pissed, and during this clip, the voice says..................**
"You accelerated.....I out-accelerated you.
You braked.....I out-braked you.
You handled.....I out-handled you.
You looked.....I out-looked you. For 35 years."
"Then I left. I let you have your fun, even though I didn't want to. But guess what?? That's over now.......because I'm BACK. I know you didn't think I'd let you off that easy?! And I'd start watching out again if I were you, because this time, it's not JUST gonna be more of the same, it's gonna be EVEN MORE." **Then from a black screen again the lights come on and we actually see the car now, (it's a Z28 ) clips of the interior, cameras go all around it fast, it starts and revvs loudly, then quickly the screen goes black again and the words and another voice appear saying "The New 5th Generation 07 Chevrolet Camaro" (whatever features/engine/whatever it has, mention of a 40th Anniversary edition, dealer information, etc., he's done giving the information and the Camaro emblem appears) then the voice from before comes back again......** "I'll be seeing you around." (With a confident laugh after that) **Then you hear a quick tire peel and WOT acceleration and that's it, black again, and back to your regularly scheduled programming)

Last edited by IZ28; 09-05-2003 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:13 AM

Red Mustang and Black Camaro pull up to a stop light. Enter "Back in Black" by AC/DC. Light turns, both smoke the tires, Mustang gets dusted, and the Camaro driver drives off smiling. Chevy Bowtie comes down, and says "some things never change"
Old 09-04-2003, 09:44 AM

Talking

* Operatic aria is being sung by fat lady in Viking style gear*

Car noises - engine revving, tires squealing, etc. heard in background & catches singer's attention.

Waaayy off in the distance , a black car can be seen heading her way.

Singing resumes, and then stops again as car approaches.

Camaro comes storming by, blowing horned hat off lady as she stands w/ jaw agape & wide-eyed.

Voiceover :

" Sometimes it's not over when the fat lady sings !!"

Show assorted shots as car rounds corners, etc.

"Introducing the ' ** Camaro. The car you wanted, the way you wanted. "

"Camaro - fast food for the road."

Side view of car zooming buy, then a rear shot as the car pulls away getting smaller.

Scene fades out to Bowtie image.

End.

Britt
Old 09-04-2003, 09:46 AM

An idea for a trailer/commercial:

A guy wakes up in the middle of the night walks into his living room and takes a look at a picture of him and his dad when he was a kid with a lets say 69 Z28 or SS and goes to maybe a black and white/ crappy color film maybe 2 seconds long of Camaro racing in the SCCA or something like that and a little kid next to the guy cheering in the crowd or whatever. Then he moves and looks to a picture next to it of lets say a 73 Z28 and goes a to a short little thing of him a couple years older working on the second gen with his dad. Next to that is a wedding pic of him and his wife next to his wife in an 89 IROC and shows him rolling up to get her for a date and drive off or something with a decent 80s rock song playin in the car. Finally he walks out to his garage and looks at his 2002 35th SS and walks around it about to go for a drive. All of the sudden the ground starts shaking and things are vibrating on the shelves. The guy walks outside to see whats going on. A few quick shots of someone doing a hard 3-4 shift, wheel and wheel well, but not quite a clear view of what the car looks like and maybe the Camaro emblem on the grill but nothing to give away a clear view of what the car looks like. The car blows by him and a heavy breeze hits the dude standing as the car goes by blowing his hair around and what not. Dude smiles and point of view pulls skyward into the night. Black screen, :fade in: Camaro emblem :fade out:. Display "The second coming" or "A legend reborn" or something then maybe a date like 9-07 or whatever. It could all be crammed into 2 or 3 min maybe less or split each section up into a 15-30 second ad and then display the Camaro emblem and the words after each and do it like a series.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by NEWBIE T/A
* Operatic aria is being sung by fat lady in Viking style gear*

Car noises - engine revving, tires squealing, etc. heard in background & catches singer's attention.

Waaayy off in the distance , a black car can be seen heading her way.

Singing resumes, and then stops again as car approaches.

Camaro comes storming by, blowing horned hat off lady as she stands w/ jaw agape & wide-eyed.

Voiceover :

" Sometimes it's not over when the fat lady sings !!"

Show assorted shots as car rounds corners, etc.

"Introducing the ' ** Camaro. The car you wanted, the way you wanted. "

"Camaro - fast food for the road."

Side view of car zooming buy, then a rear shot as the car pulls away getting smaller.

Scene fades out to Bowtie image.

End.

Britt

I **LOVE** the fat lady singing thing!!

Great Job!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by CamaroBoy96Z28
An idea for a trailer/commercial:

A guy wakes up in the middle of the night walks into his living room and takes a look at a picture of him and his dad when he was a kid with a lets say 69 Z28 or SS and goes to maybe a black and white/ crappy color film maybe 2 seconds long of Camaro racing in the SCCA or something like that and a little kid next to the guy cheering in the crowd or whatever. Then he moves and looks to a picture next to it of lets say a 73 Z28 and goes a to a short little thing of him a couple years older working on the second gen with his dad. Next to that is a wedding pic of him and his wife next to his wife in an 89 IROC and shows him rolling up to get her for a date and drive off or something with a decent 80s rock song playin in the car. Finally he walks out to his garage and looks at his 2002 35th SS and walks around it about to go for a drive. All of the sudden the ground starts shaking and things are vibrating on the shelves. The guy walks outside to see whats going on. A few quick shots of someone doing a hard 3-4 shift, wheel and wheel well, but not quite a clear view of what the car looks like and maybe the Camaro emblem on the grill but nothing to give away a clear view of what the car looks like. The car blows by him and a heavy breeze hits the dude standing as the car goes by blowing his hair around and what not. Dude smiles and point of view pulls skyward into the night. Black screen, :fade in: Camaro emblem :fade out:. Display "The second coming" or "A legend reborn" or something then maybe a date like 9-07 or whatever. It could all be crammed into 2 or 3 min maybe less or split each section up into a 15-30 second ad and then display the Camaro emblem and the words after each and do it like a series.

Damn! That is cool too!!

You guys are pretty good at this!!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
Damn! That is cool too!!

You guys are pretty good at this!!
I've been putting that together in my head for a couple months and would be really sweet looking if I was able to put it together for real though.

Another one after the inital launch (casual commercial):

Some kid in a really riced out import is sitting at a light (looks like F&F car, stickers, bright neon green/orange and what not) listening to some thug rap. 5th gen rolls up next to it with deep tint or tinted enough where you cant see the driver. Ricer revs his fart can up. 5th gen revs loud and deep and blows out the Ricer's windows. Ricer looks over and is about to cry. Next over is the new style Mustang and the driver looks over and has a worried face then quickly proceeds to turn squeeling tires to get the hell out of there. 5th gen rolls down the window and there is an extremely hot chick maybe even a well known supermodel or something behind the wheel. She blows the ricer loser a kiss, light turns green and drives away. Pan to a shot of the ricer in shock, airbag blows in his face and pan out. Screen fades to black with Camaro emblem in background then your leasing info, incentives and all that stuff.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:28 AM

Can't remember if I had posted this one but I remember having some ideas in my head at that time..anyways here is mine (albeit a moderation of everything above, but was seriously what I was thinking)

we start off at a local gathering of all the ricers and on the left we have the imports and on the right we have the domestics. (2 seconds very quickly only to provide a hint of the theme)

then we see a race but not very clearly as you can only see the window and a loser driving a domestic beating up on the ricers.. he seems to be the champ and gets really cocky picking races with everyone and revving... the from a side angle shot (still only the window and the face/side) at a stop light... a mystery car appears behind with deep tinted windows... the guys rolls it down... the driver smirks and then rolls the window up... (bullet time shot moving quickly to the bottom right (bumper of stang) and then the "other" car and then slows down (you know how bullet time works) right on the tips... black screen

we hear someone say go..tires chirp for a while and the sound of the engine then dorwns everything... pan back to the driver of the stang with a surprised look on his face...

black screen...

rumble idling sound in the back with a quick rev...

fade in "the legends back so run horsie" fade out - fade in "chevy"

finally a quick shot of the emblem

As for background music I think silence all the way in the beg. and then when the race is on Metallica ' Fuel... and then when it's done a hollow effect to create a sense of mystery with the car...

That is it what do you all think??

Last edited by ced8; 09-04-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by cmc
From that thread:

Two months before they go on sale, show footage fading in and out of black of a '67 Camaro (orange, inside a garage) being uncovered and started up. Before the engine actually starts, fade to black permenantly and then just have the audio of the engine spinning to life and a couple blips of the throttle. Show the Chevy logo. 15 second ad.

About two weeks after that, show all the top of the line Camaros lined up side by side about 1.5 carwidths apart in a black room with a shiny black floor, left (oldest) to right (newest). Facing the left, have a crane shot pan back from the first gen, second gen, third gen, fourth gen, and then a fifth gen under a tan car cover, wind blowing on it.
Fade to black. Show the date of the public unveiling. 15 second ad.

Two more weeks. Show a red new Camaro at Laguna Seca or some other challenging and scenic track, with only a door/fender mounted camera. Up-tempo rock instrumental playing. Fade to black, fade in "CAMARO" logo, and above it the blue bowtie logo. 15 second ad.

Two more weeks (finally time), show most of the track shot (no music, just the engine), then a quick version of the crane shot from #2, the cover pulls off, and before you can really get an eyeful of the car, we return to the track and blend from the fender shot into a crane shot pulling back and the car (still not easy to identify due to it moving so quickly and the distance of the shot) is taking all the corners and looking just really cool. Cut to a shot of the tach, and zoom out and show the interior (quickly). Then cut back to the car coming to a stop and crane in for a closer (3/4 front) view. Hold for 5 seconds. Fade to black, "CAMARO", blue bowtie. 60-90 second ad.

After that, a few ads showing everything more up-close and detailed and (slightly) less dramatic; 'regular' ads.
NICE!

I would make a commercial that had "Back in the Saddle Again" as the backround music. I think it would fit the theme.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:48 AM
cmc

I'm partial to "Are you gonna go my way" for the track scene, personally.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:49 AM

GOOD STUFF PEOPLE!!

A guy is driving a black 1st gen ss down woodward ave. at night. As he is driving down the road a black 2nd gen turns onto woodward and follows the 1st gen. As those two are driving a black 3rd gen turns onto woodward and follows them. Next is the 4th gen. Now you have four generations of camaro driving down woodward. The next thing you see is a black 5th gen turn onto woodward and following the other 4.

You can have a line that says:

The new 5th generation camaro: let the tradition continue.

It's kind of a heritage based idea for a commercial. I also think it would be a cool idea for a c6 commercial.

If all else fails, show a camaro smoking a mustang. That would **** ford off

Quick Reply: Your 5th Gen Camaro Commercial