Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Will Chevys Lambda be called TrailBlazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM

Question Will Chevys Lambda be called TrailBlazer?

With all the name changes and changes back by brands like Chevy and Ford, it got me thinking about what the TrailBlazers Lambda replacement will be called.

I'd like to see them stick with the Trailblazer name. They dumped the well known Blazer name for it and got TB to be the #1 selling SUV in the country at one point. It would seem like just as big a waste as Ford dumping Taurus. It is just too bad GM has left the Trailblazer to rot with no significant updates these last few years. All it really needed was an updated interior for 05/06 to get it through to 2009
Old 02-09-2007, 11:48 AM

I don't know if it will be called TrailBlazer. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to get another name.

I remember talking to Scott at the '06 NYIAS, and he said that the next-gen TrailBlazer had to be sacrificed in order to get the Camaro here.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
I remember talking to Scott at the '06 NYIAS, and he said that the next-gen TrailBlazer had to be sacrificed in order to get the Camaro here.
That seems an odd and unrelated sacrifice......
Old 02-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
That seems an odd and unrelated sacrifice......
well, not necessarily. The money's gotta come from somewhere.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
well, not necessarily. The money's gotta come from somewhere.

This is true........
Old 02-12-2007, 07:55 AM

Is there definately a Chevy Lambda in the pipeline?

I was pretty surprised that the platform was only rolled out to Saturn, GMC, and Buick... I thought a volume leader would have been in the mix, but at the same time, I haven't really heard a peep about it.

It's also odd that the Chevy would be last out...???

This was one of the main reasons I thought there was going to be a BOF TrailBlazer replacement at some point for sure... BUT... if there is a Lambda Chevy on the way, may that was a last minute move to compensate for the BOF's cancellation?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
Is there definately a Chevy Lambda in the pipeline?

I was pretty surprised that the platform was only rolled out to Saturn, GMC, and Buick... I thought a volume leader would have been in the mix, but at the same time, I haven't really heard a peep about it.

It's also odd that the Chevy would be last out...???

This was one of the main reasons I thought there was going to be a BOF TrailBlazer replacement at some point for sure... BUT... if there is a Lambda Chevy on the way, may that was a last minute move to compensate for the BOF's cancellation?
Well at one point, over a year ago, Chevy was going to get a new BOF Trailblazer and a Lambda minivan. But since then both have been canceled. Maybe an SUV is planned for the next generation Colorado platform

If a Lambda based vehicle does replace the Trailblazer I hope it isn't identical to what Saturn and GMC have. GM did a great job to making sure there was no badge engineering, but lets face it, they are still the same vehicle. We don't need a repeat of the CSV's (although much much better this time).

I think Chevy still should have gotten a Lambda minivan and been the only one to get one. Then replace the TB with a GMT355 SUV or a shorter Lambda.

How do you give Chevy a product to fit in between the Tahoe and Equinox without it being a clone of the Acadia and Outlook? 7 passenger Theta maybe?