Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Well, now that Pontiacman has become DCXMan...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 AM

Re: Well, now that Pontiacman has become DCXMan...

Congrats! Now just hold those salespeople accountable for knowing their cars and keep us in the loop about all the funny stuff that you get to fix.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jason E
Charlie,
Do you have any info on the LY's or the upcoming Stratus/Sebring? I've been told they're keeping the Sebring name, but probably not the Stratus. Any info is appreciated...or, if you can give me any hints as to the best places on the net to find that stuff...DCX lurking is something I've never done
There are rumors that perhaps the Avenger name may replace Stratus. As far as LY, it sounds like more hype rather than new platform. It'll probably be a mildly revised LX.

Check out Allpar. Lot's of info there.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Do you have any info on the LY's or the upcoming Stratus/Sebring? I've been told they're keeping the Sebring name, but probably not the Stratus. Any info is appreciated...or, if you can give me any hints as to the best places on the net to find that stuff...DCX lurking is something I've never done
Rumor has it that the Avenger name is coming back. Expect a few interesting powertrain options for that platform.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:37 AM

I told the owner today if this was a Honda/Toyota/insert foreign car here store
So a half-foreign 'store' is OK? Say hey to mother Deutschland for me.

PS - I know y'all can't sell Crossfire SRT6s for crap - the 45k dollar cars are selling for at or even under 30k. Let me know if you can cut me a deal on an CF SRT6 lease.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Threxx
So a half-foreign 'store' is OK? Say hey to mother Deutschland for me.

PS - I know y'all can't sell Crossfire SRT6s for crap - the 45k dollar cars are selling for at or even under 30k. Let me know if you can cut me a deal on an CF SRT6 lease.
Yeah, it is time for you get a new car. You've had the A4 for what, 5 months?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by IREngineer
Yeah, it is time for you get a new car. You've had the A4 for what, 5 months?
I'm wishy washy. The A4 is only a 24 month lease anyway, plus my wife refuses to drive it because it's a stick which makes it hard for me to drive the 4Runner without leaving her 'stranded'.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:34 AM

BTW, flame away if you will and call me a trader
How about I call you a traitor instead?

But the real question is, can you sell me a Viper for $20?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:45 AM

Jason,

Congratulations on the new job! Nothing wrong with DCX, in fact I just picked up a low mileage used Durango Limited this weekend, it's a damn nice vehicle. I admit to having a predisposition to Dodge as an alternative to GM, (when one is needed), now just let us know when we can put down our deposits for the Challenger. I'll gladly fly into Boston for a Challenger at a good deal.

James

PS-For the record, I think that Sirius is a far better satellite radio service than XM. ESPECIALLY if you like rock/metal.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
PS-For the record, I think that Sirius is a far better satellite radio service than XM. ESPECIALLY if you like rock/metal.
Unless you were just kidding around I don't think anyone here was talking about satellite radio - the name is kinda broke down to "DCX Man", not DCXMan.

And FWIW I find both services to be pretty comparable. Somewhat different, but I don't think one is better than the other - and I have both services. XM in my car, Sirius at home.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:34 AM

Unless you were just kidding around I don't think anyone here was talking about satellite radio - the name is kinda broke down to "DCX Man", not DCXMan.

And FWIW I find both services to be pretty comparable. Somewhat different, but I don't think one is better than the other - and I have both services. XM in my car, Sirius at home.
I think he knew that (he said there is nothing wrong with DCX, and he likes Dodge as an alternative to GM). He brought up Sirius vs. XM because DCX uses Sirius as their satellite radio provider, while GM uses XM. So basically Jason will be selling cars with Sirius now instead of XM.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:43 AM

I'm wishy washy. The A4 is only a 24 month lease anyway, plus my wife refuses to drive it because it's a stick which makes it hard for me to drive the 4Runner without leaving her 'stranded'.
You would think someone would think of that BEFORE they bought the vehicle.

Jason- Congrats! and my apologies for the hijacking...
Old 03-16-2006, 12:24 PM

Hey Jason,

How about getting a Charger R/T Daytona for a demo and doing a nice real-world, real-person write up on it as far as living with it long-term?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:00 PM

Well, the title says it all...I accepted the Sales Manager spot at a local Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep store, so I'll be giving my 2 week notice at the bank and the Pontiac dealer ASAP. It will be sad to no longer sell cars for the company I love, but it isn't like I'm selling Hondas I told the owner today if this was a Honda/Toyota/insert foreign car here store, I wouldn't have even wasted my time interviewing

Anyway, I have to say it'll be interesting scrutinizing the crap out of a new company for a change. I figured this was the most appropriate place to ask, what do we know about the LX replacements at this point? What do we know about the Sebring and Stratus replacements? They looked downright dull in the spy photos, considering how awesome the LX cars are. Just kind of curious what I'll have to look forward to, coming down the pike. It should be of concern to everyone here, because DCX is the most profitable US make right now, but it also has the most to lose!

BTW, the Caliber is a great little car. I drove one down the street and back...it makes a Vibe look like the complete POS I always knew it was...

BTW, flame away if you will and call me a trader, but we all know what sits in my garage right now, and what will join it in 2 years...NO not a Charger!!! I will miss my GP a lot...I'll be selling it once I get settled in, as I'll be taking something like an '04-'05 Stratus RT or Sebring LXi coupe for a demo...maybe an SRT-4 if I can find one
Congrat on the new job.
(...and I'm not just saying that as a DCX stockholder either. )

It will be great hearing your comments on DCX vehicle after having been GM for so long, and the inevitable comparisons between the 2 company's offerings.

Up next after the Caliber, you can look forward to Sebring's replacement (Dodge's version will be the Avenger)... Sedan & convertible only... Based on the Mitsu Galant. Following Sebring, then Challenger and some type of new Chrysler "image" car. Next, a FWD coupe. Afterwards, you're probally looking at the LX redesign. You're going to have a pretty steady drumbeat of products the next 4 years. That's not including the very likely probability that DCX will market the Dodge Hornet here once they make up their minds once and for all on the Smart.

Compared to what Pontiac has in the pipeline the same period, you're going to be doing far more product familiarization over at DCX.

Last edited by guionM; 03-16-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by IREngineer
You would think someone would think of that BEFORE they bought the vehicle.
She told me she'd learn - even sounded excited about it. But after spending a couple hours with her (and she DID learn how to drive pretty well) she informed me she'd just be too nervous driving it in traffic, especially if she ever got on a hill.

Why am I justifying my decision making process to you, again?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:56 PM

but it isn't like I'm selling Hondas
You just keep telling yourself that... TRAITOR!

BTW, the Caliber is a great little car. I drove one down the street and back...it makes a Vibe look like the complete POS I always knew it was...
You see the product of your infidelity?

flame away if you will and call me a trader
TraItOR

Just kidding of course, happy to hear things have worked out for you. Best wishes in your new position.

Quick Reply: Well, now that Pontiacman has become DCXMan...