Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

They just HAD to say it was a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 02:34 PM

They just HAD to say it was a Camaro

This probally belongs in the lounge, but I figured I'd post it here.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...0/camaro10.DTL

What's amazing is that the Camaro slammed head on with a Full sized Ford Pickup truck (I figure the combined speed was about 100 mph), and it's the guys in the pickup truck (front seat) that died.

The Camaro driver (along with the riders in the back seat of the pickup) lived through the impact with injuries.

Last edited by guionM; 09-10-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:44 PM

Re: They just HAD to say it was a Camaro

Originally Posted by guionM
This probally belongs in the lounge, but I figured I'd post it here.
Just couldnt bring yourself to it huh?

You gotta post in the lounge one day and they'll be like:
"gunionM posted in the lounge!! its madness I tell you!!"

Old 09-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Prominent Member

They seemed to like the word "Camaro"....they used it SEVEN times in that short article.....
Old 09-10-2004, 03:14 PM

FWIW Vasco Road is a two-lane country road about 30 miles due east of here. The new section was built to realign the old road when they built a resevoir a few years back. I was actually involved in the design of the new road and let me tell you, that road was designed for 80+ mph. The problem is its so smooth, you can creep past 55 mph without noticing it. The road is signed 55 mph because it is a rural area and occasionally sees farming equipment. (Without a passing lane anything beyond 55 mph would be rediculous.) No one actually drives the speed limit on that road, and when there is a big accident (at least 1-2 every six months) its because someone is actually obeying the speed limit and some idiot decides to take it upon himself to pass everyone, like this joker did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning speeding nor am I saying the speed limit needs to be raised. However, it seems to me that everytime there is an accident where someone gets killed it usually involves some preformance car vs. a truck.

Just my 2¢.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:45 AM

Let's hope our insurance providers don't see this article ... they might raise our rates... or... they might lower them because of Camaro's really really good frontal crash test ratings... hmm.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:59 PM

This is another thing that makes me mad about news reporting....in most fatal accidents they will only mention the make of the car or cars involved once in the story, if at all. But when a high-performance car is involved, and the driver of that car is at fault, it's trumpeted loud and clear like we're all a rogue pack of road pirates that need to be stopped or something.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:55 PM

Who really needs to be stopped is the SUV buyers, sometimes I am forced to speed because I get some ***** or girl on a cell phone on my *** (I usually can't see anything but headlights and grill in my rear view mirror though) and they are pushing me down the road.

Chevy seems to anticipate a slump in the SUV sales in 2007 or 2008 which is a good thing, but that is still 2 to 3 years away. Hopefully cars like Dodge Magnums take some of the SUV's places, that way, when they are on my ***, I can actually see their reaction when I flip them off.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Who really needs to be stopped is the SUV buyers, sometimes I am forced to speed because I get some ***** or girl on a cell phone on my *** (I usually can't see anything but headlights and grill in my rear view mirror though) and they are pushing me down the road.

Chevy seems to anticipate a slump in the SUV sales in 2007 or 2008 which is a good thing, but that is still 2 to 3 years away. Hopefully cars like Dodge Magnums take some of the SUV's places, that way, when they are on my ***, I can actually see their reaction when I flip them off.
i think that's really any driver in general
i think it's crap that they think i'm going to speed 20 over just because i'm in one of my camaros, and then they tailgate me when i don't
heck, i should probably do under the speed limit and not attract attention from cops
Old 09-11-2004, 04:48 PM

Always sad to see innocent people get murdered by some moronic driver...