Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

On Super Chevy Magazine, Scott Settlemire.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 05:08 PM

On Super Chevy Magazine, Scott Settlemire.

Well I just got this issue a couple of days ago, I dont know if anyone got it here yet. There is one page talking about the F-body, and it is very interesting of what Terry Cole and are man Scot have to say about are pride and joy. But let me just get to the best parts of this issue,
"I'm truly sorry to have to tell you that this is the end of the 4th Gen. But keep in mind, that this does NOT mean that the names are dead. While I'd love to talk about the future, I'm forbidden to do so."

"What does the future really hold? I'm here to tell you that with the caliber of enthusiasts we have in the Camaro community, I envision a lot of celebrations for many years to come.

It seems like there's something cooking! Ya think!

Last edited by lightning2000; 12-24-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:00 PM

I got mine today, flipped thrue it, didn't see the article. I hope it's light at the end of the tunnel though. GM better get something going and quick. Scott S. has been posting hopefull comments here for some time, i know he wouldn't be just saying it if their wasn't some hope.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:06 PM

Maybe there is nothing in the statement. Perhaps there is no hope but S. S. is just initiating the adrenaline long enough for time to automatically heal the wound. Maybe there just isn't any hope for GM because they have other priorities right now. Caddy will be getting their own... souped up vehicles and then there is pontiac maybe after all that chevy gets a crack at a high performance coupe... i dunno maybe i'm just throqing in the towel but that is how i feel, no disrespect or anything to anyone.. especially not S.S. but i just think that we are trying to hard to see the light that doesn't exist.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:41 PM

As I've posted here before, I don't think Scott would lead us on if there wasn't a reason to lead us on. Get my drift. He seems to be a stand up guy (I've never met him so I'm guessing) and if the car was dead, he would tell us.

This being said, that has to mean they are secretly working on a car and can't tell us until a certain time because of some contractual obligation. Hopefully that certain time will be here soon!
Old 12-25-2002, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by DaxsZ28
As I've posted here before, I don't think Scott would lead us on if there wasn't a reason to lead us on. Get my drift. He seems to be a stand up guy (I've never met him so I'm guessing) and if the car was dead, he would tell us.
Knowing Scott myself, i couldn't agree more with you.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by Mervz
Knowing Scott myself, i couldn't agree more with you.
See, that's what I thought. I would love to met him and just talk cars. I bet he is real cool. He just seems pretty stand-up.

And if it was dead, I think that rumor would be more prevelant instead of all this other stuff we hear.

It is very frustrating to us, as comsumers and fans of these cars. Just imagine what it is like for the people who work for GM. They know what is and is not going on, but they can't breathe a word to anyone! How frustrating is that?!?!
Old 12-26-2002, 07:39 AM

I have faith that Scott is doing everything he can to push for a new Camaro... hopefdully he will be able to get more people on the bandwagon...

Again, I am sure there are many Camaro ideas floating around GM... it's just a matter of getting corporate approval to run with one of them...
Old 12-26-2002, 11:59 AM

Eh, I think that quote from Scott is pretty much exactly what he said in here about 6 months ago. I suspect/hope/believe (pick one) there is a new Camaro comming out at some point. Beyond that, I wouldn't get all excited over that quote as it's nothing that hasnt' been said before several times.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by cmsmith
Eh, I think that quote from Scott is pretty much exactly what he said in here about 6 months ago. I suspect/hope/believe (pick one) there is a new Camaro comming out at some point. Beyond that, I wouldn't get all excited over that quote as it's nothing that hasnt' been said before several times.
100% agree!
Old 12-28-2002, 01:39 PM

I know I own a mustang/ford so flame me if you want to...

But don't you think that if the F-bod is gone they would tell you. You know how many people would have animosity towards GM/Chevy for this. I personally want to see a new f-bod. But I think they are playing it safe right now. If Scott was a stand up guy he would tell us the truth of what they are thinking right now, not beat around the bush. I don't want to be lied too, or as being a customer/fan to not know what was going on. I would like a yes or a no to the question of a new f-bod. Chevy should ask the response of the public to their ideas, that would be the most effective and cheap way to build a car the public would buy in great numbers.Anything else is just selling out to loyal fans and customers. This is just my opinion, and I do love f-bods and want to see another, I just don't want someone beating around the bush with me.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Sax1031

But don't you think that if the F-bod is gone they would tell you. You know how many people would have animosity towards GM/Chevy for this. I personally want to see a new f-bod. But I think they are playing it safe right now. If Scott was a stand up guy he would tell us the truth of what they are thinking right now, not beat around the bush. I don't want to be lied too, or as being a customer/fan to not know what was going on. I would like a yes or a no to the question of a new f-bod. Chevy should ask the response of the public to their ideas, that would be the most effective and cheap way to build a car the public would buy in great numbers.Anything else is just selling out to loyal fans and customers. This is just my opinion, and I do love f-bods and want to see another, I just don't want someone beating around the bush with me.
I'm a Ford refugee myself, so I won't flame you.

However, being the the resident occasional dust kicker where Scott is concerned, I'll still say that Scott is devoted to Camaro. That being said, Scott simply can not say anything about Camaro right now. Mr's Lutz & Wagoner had to backtrack on Camaro statements thaey made, so no doubt Scott can't say anything.

Just have to take that beating around the bush for now.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Prominent Member

Cool Personally....

.....I think Scott has been very consistant with his comments.....he's said over and again....."Don't loose faith'...."Performance is not dead at GM"........"The Camaro is not dead, just on hiatus"......"I can't talk about future product planning".......etc.....

NO-ONE at GM can talk about any future plans for the Camaro for the next few years (there are reasons we've already discussed and they are very real)....but the people who do give a darn are still among us and are still upbeat.....for good reason.........just be patient for the next 3-4 years...it'll take a while to fix the damage that's been done............

Honestly, that's all anyone can offer for the time being....
Old 12-28-2002, 09:28 PM

Re: Personally....

Originally posted by Doug Harden, Pres CICC

NO-ONE at GM can talk about any future plans for the Camaro for the next few years (there are reasons we've already discussed and they are very real)....but the people who do give a darn are still among us and are still upbeat.....for good reason.........just be patient for the next 3-4 years...it'll take a while to fix the damage that's been done............

They can't even talk about it for 3-4 years? I was thinking (hoping) that we would know the future of the car sometime in the next year. If they can't even talk about it for 3-4 years we may not have a car for 6-7 years and to me that's unacceptable. They will lose a whole generation of buyers for the car in that time frame.

Man, now I'm depressed.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by Sax1031

Read this post: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=55850
Old 12-28-2002, 09:47 PM

Doug hit the head of the nail.

When GM signed with St Therese, they had a contract that did not allow the Camaro to be built anywhere else for a specific period of time. The only way they could pull out of St. Therese was to stop making the car. They can't say now if the car is going to be made again, because they would be breaking the contract they had with St. Therese

Quick Reply: On Super Chevy Magazine, Scott Settlemire.