Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Strike!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by Z28x
This thread needs to get locked.

I wonder if the troll problem would be this bad if they called it the "Pontiac Monaro"

But its not a Monaro...

Its a Grand Am or maybe a Grand Prix with a RWD conversion and a LS1 honest!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:41 PM

Heatmaker, you would be more respected if your posts did not come across as a 14 year old. If you read this board frequently you begin to understand how GM works and why they do the things they do. So as for now QUIT POSTING and STFU.

Moderators, lock this thread.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by AnthonyHSV
But its not a Monaro...

Its a Grand Am or maybe a Grand Prix with a RWD conversion and a LS1 honest!!!
The GTO is a Holden Monaro. Redone to a point for Pontiac.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by krazzycowgirl
The GTO is a Holden Monaro. Redone to a point for Pontiac.
Yeah I know...

I was being sarcastic
Old 12-04-2003, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Heatmaker

Are you serious? Tell me your kidding?

TEMPEST

GTO

The GTO is like the anti-christ

"

Is it me or do these two cars look almost identical and prove what guionM was talking about? Just wonderin'

Colin
98 Z28
Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by BlackLS1Z
Is it me or do these two cars look almost identical and prove what guionM was talking about? Just wonderin'

Colin
98 Z28
I was wondering that myself..

Maybe its the colour??

Note : It can't be the hood scoop because we have already noted earlier in this thread

Last edited by AnthonyHSV; 12-04-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:50 PM

No no....

there is a little hood scoop there.

Ive yet to see anyone say that Guion didnt know what he was talking about. This poor fool just made himself look like a total a$$.

Leave bud. If you dont like the direction of GM, fine. Go buy a Ford.....'scuse me...get your dad to buy you a Ford.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:25 AM

Why is everyone so militant about all of this? Owning a Z28 or SS Camaro does not make you a muscle car fan. The guy is a muscle car fan like me and a lot of other people. There are people in this world unlike some of the people in this thread that would like to own a nice new muscle car.

You would think we were talking about abortion the way people are responding here. People get a grip.

BTW $54k a year is high now for a working class man. The GTO is way out of the reach of most people in America like it or not that is a fact. Also I collect muscle car ads. Cars in the 60s were way cheaper than they are now this is a fact. Most people in America make around $26k a year. Most good cars run about $30k. The GTO is more than that. If the average salary is say $8k in 69' then a decent car would have cost $9500 - $11k. This is not the case.

Here is some reality for you: A 1968 1/2 Baldwin Motion SS427 Camaro started at $3,595.00 Yeah thats right a real Muscle Car for under $4k. This is a car that ran the 1/4 in 11.5 seconds at 120 mph. But hey those cars were not as fast as the ones today.... haha my ***.

Grow up people and at least pay some attention to other peoples ideas and not jump all over them.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:45 AM

Originally posted by Heatmaker
And how is this? BEcause I dont think the GTO lives up to being a true muscle car?
you're a troll because every one of your posts has been a RANT and a bad rant at that. if you want to rant, the lounge is the place to do it. otherwise, as others have said, SHUT THE F*CK UP, you DON'T know what you're talking about at all.

Why is everyone so militant about all of this? Owning a Z28 or SS Camaro does not make you a muscle car fan. The guy is a muscle car fan like me and a lot of other people. There are people in this world unlike some of the people in this thread that would like to own a nice new muscle car.
i'll repeat this for you separately, just so you get the message. ranting is done HERE.

Old 12-05-2003, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by Ponykillr
This is a car that ran the 1/4 in 11.5 seconds at 120 mph. But hey those cars were not as fast as the ones today.... haha my ***.
I think guionM's post covered prices of cars then and now pretty well, but tell me where you got this performance number for a BM Camaro. If any bone stock first gen Camaro ran mid 11's @ 120, on those skinny bias ply tires, I'd be tempted to eat my hat.

The legends of 60's muscle cars have grown to epic proportions, which is cool...I love 'em...but it just isn't the truth.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:10 AM

Here is some reality for you: A 1968 1/2 Baldwin Motion SS427 Camaro started at $3,595.00 Yeah thats right a real Muscle Car for under $4k. This is a car that ran the 1/4 in 11.5 seconds at 120 mph. But hey those cars were not as fast as the ones today.... haha my ***.

Grow up people and at least pay some attention to other peoples ideas and not jump all over them.
LOL...... for its weight and tire tech it must have been putting out 700RWHP.

Nice try... Go check your facts before you post
Old 12-05-2003, 06:16 AM

that car was proven to be a ringer,
and also, in relation to prices, cars were relatively cheaper compared to wages back in the 60s, but they were still expensive. and I don't think 26k is the average wage today. maybe for someone with no experience, but I was making more than that at lowes when I was 18-19!
Old 12-05-2003, 07:31 AM

BTW $54k a year is high now for a working class man. The GTO is way out of the reach of most people in America like it or not that is a fact.
I agree that $54k would be a lot for a GTO.... good think it's no where near that price, eh?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
I agree that $54k would be a lot for a GTO.... good think it's no where near that price, eh?
Well, I'm making close to that and I wouldn't plan on going out and getting anything more expensive than 30k. 'Course I like to be prepared to go without work for a while, just in case. Some others aren't as conservative with their money as me though.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
Well, I'm making close to that and I wouldn't plan on going out and getting anything more expensive than 30k. 'Course I like to be prepared to go without work for a while, just in case. Some others aren't as conservative with their money as me though.

You know what? I took that post the wrong way... I thought it was implying that a price of $54k (selling price or MSRP) for a GTO would be a lot for a 'working class man'... Now, I see it can be taken two ways, the other being that $54k a year (income) is a lot for a working class man...

My misunderstanding...

Quick Reply: Strike!