Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

So where's the news?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 AM

So where's the news?

First, appologize if this is an overkill thread or something already discussed, I check in here quite a bit and don't remember seeing anything addressed lately on this subject.

We all heard this fall was going to be a great time for some news to come out. After the CAW negotiations and after other items were taken care of, I thought we were going to have a really interesting Fall season? Well what happened? We're almost to Thanksgiving and I haven't seen any jaw-dropping news yet. Am I just being too anxious, or were we just led on? Also, I can guess that if there were 250 passes acquired that we can garauntee 100% the Camaro will be at NAIAS 2006, but how come we haven't heard more news stories on the subject? I've been expecting to see a short segment on ABC or something but alas the only website to confirm it has been Edmunds.com. I still definitely have the faith, I guess I'm just anxious for some official news to come out so we can all laugh in the faces of those that didn't believe us.

Last edited by meissen; 11-15-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:24 AM

Re: So where's the news?

The news is that it's going to be at the auto show. Any details will be given out then or shortly afterwards.

You expecting a banner unfurled atop downtown Detroit or something?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
The news is that it's going to be at the auto show. Any details will be given out then or shortly afterwards.

You expecting a banner unfurled atop downtown Detroit or something?
I thought they were going to paint a giant Camaro Z/28 on Cobo Hall? Did you not get the memo on that?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM

remeber when the new vette was about to be unveiled? there was spy shots and all kinds of crazyness.

I guess they successfully plugged the leaks.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by rlax31
remeber when the new vette was about to be unveiled? there was spy shots and all kinds of crazyness.

I guess they successfully plugged the leaks.
Actually it's the other way around.

The C6 was less than a year away from production when finally unveiled. Camaro is still at least 24 months.

What's really impressive is that we had no idea what Corvette would look like till the final 12 months. Camaro, we get 2 years.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:57 AM

Plus after the C6 , Z06 and SUV leaks , Camaro info like that is gonna be probabaly like breaking in the Pentigon and getting back out unscathed
Old 11-15-2005, 10:16 AM

There are people on this forum who know what the 5th gen (at least concept) will look like. There are people who have pictures of it (im not one of them so don't ask, I should only be that lucky) GM, financial troubles or not, have a VERY LARGE legal department, enough to crush even the most well off people on this site, so they will not be shown until after the NAIAS.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
There are people on this forum who know what the 5th gen (at least concept) will look like. There are people who have pictures of it (im not one of them so don't ask, I should only be that lucky) GM, financial troubles or not, have a VERY LARGE legal department, enough to crush even the most well off people on this site, so they will not be shown until after the NAIAS.
I don't think that more than 1 person on this board has pictures of it or has seen it in person. I don't think Scott will risk his job to share a few pictures.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
I don't think that more than 1 person on this board has pictures of it or has seen it in person. I don't think Scott will risk his job to share a few pictures.
I am ABSOLUTELY NOT SAYING that Scott shared pictures. He would never do such a thing, and even if he did I'd never admit it on a public forum. I don't know Scott outside of his posts on the board, I've never met him, spoken with him, or had any contact whatsoever with him. That being said, GM is a large corporation, with a lot of workers, subcontractors, cleaning people, delivery people, truck drivers, etc, etc. But, after January, I'll guarantee you there are "Spy shots" that will surface that were taken awhile before January, but were never released due to legal repurcussions.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM

Even so, Scott has been in a pretty good mood lately, so I’m ganna assume it looks good.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:30 AM

I am ABSOLUTELY NOT SAYING that Scott shared pictures. He would never do such a thing, and even if he did I'd never admit it on a public forum. I don't know Scott outside of his posts on the board, I've never met him, spoken with him, or had any contact whatsoever with him. That being said, GM is a large corporation, with a lot of workers, subcontractors, cleaning people, delivery people, truck drivers, etc, etc. But, after January, I'll guarantee you there are "Spy shots" that will surface that were taken awhile before January, but were never released due to legal repurcussions.

you know something we dont know
Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 AM

But, after January, I'll guarantee you there are "Spy shots" that will surface that were taken awhile before January, but were never released due to legal repurcussions.
What's your point? Yeah, I'm sure GM has taken some pictures of the car...and I'm sure the press rags will get embargoed photos before the unveiling.....All that is normal procedure.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
What's your point? Yeah, I'm sure GM has taken some pictures of the car...and I'm sure the press rags will get embargoed photos before the unveiling.....All that is normal procedure.
I'm simply stating that the car will be there.....there is no news about it because GM simply DOES NOT want it out there, and that is all there is too it. I'm not claiming anything, or trying to prove a point. The original question was why isn't the Camaro in the news, and I'm telling him why.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 AM

Do you mean spy shots or press shots? GM has no control over spy shots other people took. Those are the photogrpaher's property and he can do whatever he wants to do with them (which typically is sell them and make money). The reason there are no spy shots is because it is too far away from production for tests out in the open. Studio shots are a completely different nature...
Old 11-15-2005, 10:47 AM

I'm simply stating that the car will be there.....there is no news about it because GM simply DOES NOT want it out there, and that is all there is too it. I'm not claiming anything, or trying to prove a point. The original question was why isn't the Camaro in the news, and I'm telling him why.
Cool. I got you and the original poster confused....details........so I had it in my head he thought it was some conspiracy to take pics and then hide them, LOL.

Anyway, maybe its not in the news much because nobody out side of enthusiasts really care? Or at least they won't until there's a concept to get excited about.

Hard to write a lot of stories about a car you haven't even seen yet. Hence I don't expect Brian Williams on NBC to be running a story on "Camaro Concept to be unveiled at NAIAS"

Quick Reply: So where's the news?