Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

So, what happens, incentive-wise, after July 5th ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:47 AM

So, what happens, incentive-wise, after July 5th ?

The "72 hour sale" and the current Lease Pull-Ahead program both expire July 5th.

Anyone know what is planned after that?

I figure there has to be something coming that the lined up the 72-hour sale to expire with the Lease Pull-Ahead expiration date (that has been set for 1-2 months now)...

Can any of our dealership members, or anyone else, chime in with any info?
Old 07-04-2006, 08:27 AM

Re: So, what happens, incentive-wise, after July 5th ?

No one??
Old 07-04-2006, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
No one??
well the only one who knows whats going to happen is lanave and his crew...

i'm currious tho as to see if they will go down or go up... i have a feeling they'll go up just because they need to sell out all of the 06's... hopefully GM will have a massive fall because last year it just fell off... if its year round sales even out, GM might already be in good shape... might be on track to out do last years sales...
Old 07-04-2006, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by NewbieWar
might be on track to out do last years sales...
Given the outlook for the overall industry, this should not be expected.

I'm curious as well to hear what's coming tomorrow, this week, or this month, because I can't imagine that the domestic manufacturers will continue to give up market share. Interestingly enough, though, GM's market share in June was actually about a point and a half higher than its culmulative year-to-date share, so it's not like last month was a disaster.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:56 PM

i'm really intrested to see if chevy continues what they are doing, or even ups the ante, because ford has there promotion going, with 0per and they giv eyou free gas, dodge is giving 0per, 2k off, and employee pricing!

I'm really close to buying a cobalt, but i would only do it at 0percent, and i'm not sure i have enough time tommorow to make a deal after i get off work....
Old 07-04-2006, 08:57 PM

Just go buy the car already
Old 07-04-2006, 09:07 PM

Arrow Re: So, what happens, incentive-wise, after July 5th ?

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Just go buy the car already

I probably will if they will give me a deal on the price. Chrysler is doing 2k off, 0 percent and employee pricing...I'm hoping i can get a couple g's knocked off or somthing, hopefully they are willing to deal, if so, i'll probably pick one up, with the stage 2 added on.

Quick question, GMS pricing is cheaper than invoice, correct, if so, by approximatley how much?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:24 PM

We knew a week or so before the 0%/72mo started... no one has heard anything about what's coming tomorrow (or in the coming days)? Hard to believe, GM wouldn't dare sit on thier '06s for awhile with the '07s arriving would they?

Maybe they're going to do what they did last year with the employee pricing and just extend the 0% a little longer?

I sure hope so, because in about 3 weeks I'm going to need two new cars and I'm hoping for a couple GMs (okay, one is an immediate need, but I figure I may as well get both out of the way). I hope they don't let me down, I won't go GM if the incentives are elsewhere.

Oh well... we'll see.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 AM

New incentives are on the Chevrolet website. Hope the salesmen can find something to do.

example:
Malibu (with L61)
$500 Cash Allowances (**)
or as low as 3.9% APR for qualified buyers.

I'll just wait for another GOOD sale. I almost drove off the lot today in a new 07 Tahoe but ran out of time.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:37 AM

Ya, I'm wondering if these are "default rebates" since the other program just expired, though they don't look a whole lot different than the rebates from the 72 hour sale (minus, of course, the 0% for 72 months option), do they?

I guess my biggest question (because it applies to my situation) is what is the Lease Pull Ahead time frame and offer now? The last one expired July 5th and offered to realease you from 3 months of payments (which is very low, actually, compared ot some of the previous offers)... Lease offers and Lease Pull Ahead info is always the toughest information to find without starting to make some phone calls....
Old 07-06-2006, 09:04 PM

They've got a commercial out that says they are trying to clear them out. Doesn't say anything about any special deals whatsoever, they are just saying, pick a car and try to make a deal...

Kinda ****ty when you can go across the stret to the Dodge dealer, and get a car for 0% financing, AND 2k off the price, AND employee pricing. Thats about the best deal you can get, rebates, perfect financing, and employee pricing. Then go up the street to the Ford dealer, and get 0% financing, and free gas for the rest of the year. Thats a huge savings in itself.

Yet GM is just advertising normal pricing, with normal financing, and just doing the normal, here's our price, make us an offer....

I wonder what GMS pricing is on a 06 Cobalt, with xm, sunroof, and the recaro option is....anyone know a site to look it up on?
Old 07-07-2006, 07:57 AM

OK, I just found the new Lease Pull Ahead info....

It's basically just an extention of the previous program that has been in place for the last 3-4 months:

Get into a new GM vehicle early — before your current SmartLease, SmartLease Plus, or SmartBuy contract is scheduled to expire no later than July 5, 2007. Just turn in your current vehicle and take delivery of an eligible new vehicle by October 2, 2006 — and we’ll waive or credit up to 3 monthly payments not yet due on your current contract. Additionally, a $1,000 Purchase Down Payment Bonus** is available to Pull Ahead customers who purchase their eligible new vehicle on a retail installment sale contract financed through the dealer and GMAC.
http://www.gm.com/vc/lease05/index.j...ullahead-jul06

This pushes me back a month, as I refuse to pay to get out of my lease.... 3-4 more weeks with the GTP, I guess.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 AM

This pushes me back a month, as I refuse to pay to get out of my lease.... 3-4 more weeks with the GTP, I guess.
Whats next for you after the GTP?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x
Whats next for you after the GTP?
I think I have it narrowed down to either an Impala SS or a CTS.

It'll probably come down to which I can get a better lease offer on...

While researching the two of these cars, and talking to some people, especially CLEAN, who has had both cars himself, I was a little surprised to find out how much more the Impala SS offers over the CTS in terms of equipment and and value for the money.

I perfer RWD, but am OK with FWD for a driver in NE Ohio... and, other than possibly (probably?) handling, I think the Impala SS seems to win out everywhere else. Price, power, equipment, etc...

But, I just love the CTS anyway, so I'm not sure where I'll end up. The styling of the CTS is fantastic all around, The Impala SS is lacking a little in front end styling, IMO, but I really like the styling of the profile, and the rear... I think black makes it look kind of sinister looking, too, though I swore I'd never have black on a daily driver again after living with my black 89 Camaro RS for 4 years way back when ... it's a fantastic color, but so much work to keep clean looking.

You may remember I was pretty set on an Avalanche or a TB SS when we turned in the GTO about 3-4 months ago , but got my wife the Envoy SLT instead... well, the Envoy has pretty much covered 95% of the hauling things I was considering the (especially) the Av, and (partially) the TBSS for, so I think I'm going to stick to a sedan...

OK, I'm rambling now... but anyway, that's where I am at right now.

Oh yeah, the further GM scales back these Lease Pull Ahead offers, the more inclined I am to seriously consider a Charger R/T or Daytona...

Last edited by Darth Xed; 07-07-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, thanks for the good find! I too shared in your frustration over finding the pull ahead info.

It's interesting that the new program is just basically an extension of the old one. It sure does make it nice for when you are ahead of schedule on how many miles you can put on the car though.

OK, I just found the new Lease Pull Ahead info....

It's basically just an extention of the previous program that has been in place for the last 3-4 months:

http://www.gm.com/vc/lease05/index.j...ullahead-jul06

Also, interesting choices you have. I'll bet the Impala will be cheaper, but that could change the closer we get to the next gen CTS hitting the streets.

Oh, and get black if you like black. I got my Impala in black and don't feel so bad on how it looks after almost 2 years of daily driving it (since I'm giving it back pretty soon anyways).

Quick Reply: So, what happens, incentive-wise, after July 5th ?