Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

So I snuck a picture of a Roush concept Truck.. Kinda Silverado SSish, pretty bad ass

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Doane
Err...freedom of speech doesn't cover unauthorized photos from inside a private facility.
Wanna bet?

Last edited by Josh452; 09-03-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Josh452
Wanna bet?

They put it out there, and unless Roush has an agreement signed by the employees.......its 1st Amendment.

Ask my boss, Robert Lane of BlueOvalNews.com fame.

Anyone with access to that kind of material has most definitely signed an agreement. It's pretty standard business practice.

Last edited by Chris_Doane; 09-03-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 AM

Trade secret law is really complicated, and I don't think you guys are going to sort it out here.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:37 AM

Block out the Disclaimer and post it anonymously somewhere, send it as a tip to autoblog or something... Protect you or your friend.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Ok, I know it is illegal, but seriously. The admins are gonna see this soon enough. Is this brown nosing really that necessary?
Not brown nosing. I like this board and would like to see it stay open. If Chris and Jason get hit w/ fines or something like that due to some idiot posting an illegally obtained photo on here and not deleting it, or having to fork over large sums of class to pay for a lawyer then the board could go down or be sold. Something I don't want to happen. That is why we have the report post button, so you can use it.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Josh452
What's the first Amendment?
Freedom of speech.
Really? It was the last time I checked.

It sure didn't apply here when pics of the 5th Gen concept were posted...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 AM

Your a bad bad man
This will probably destroy GM just like everyother leaked picture in history has.

Don't you know. The law is the law and it's not allowed to be broken, unless of course you don't show your reciept and get arrested. Then the law is allowed to be broken because it's such a little violation, but this, THIS is huge!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 AM

Nice
Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 AM

This pics been posted on jalopnik.com, but credit for the photo was given to someone over at performancetrucks.net.....I hope you have an account over there and someone isn't taking credit for your ballsy move
Old 09-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
Not brown nosing. I like this board and would like to see it stay open. If Chris and Jason get hit w/ fines or something like that due to some idiot posting an illegally obtained photo on here and not deleting it, or having to fork over large sums of class to pay for a lawyer then the board could go down or be sold. Something I don't want to happen. That is why we have the report post button, so you can use it.
No, I still suspect it is to be in good graces. When was the last time a huge internet board got fined for having one of these pictures? Not often, when someone requests they are deleted and the board complies. LS1tech would be in some pretty serious trouble otherwise, when they put up all of those 5th gen pictures.

Besides, why the need to to post reported? Why not just report the post, and be done with it? It doesn't seem to matter anyway. This thread is still here. Apparently GM is unconcerned with this at the legal level, so this arguing is irrelevant.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by RussStang
No, I still suspect it is to be in good graces. When was the last time a huge internet board got fined for having one of these pictures? Not often, when someone requests they are deleted and the board complies. LS1tech would be in some pretty serious trouble otherwise, when they put up all of those 5th gen pictures.

Besides, why the need to to post reported? Why not just report the post, and be done with it? It doesn't seem to matter anyway. This thread is still here. Apparently GM is unconcerned with this at the legal level, so this arguing is irrelevant.
Lets put it this way, what do I have to gain by Jason, Chris or whoever is in charge of whatever by reporting a post? I chose to post that I reported it because I wanted to. Whoever gets the little reported post things knows who reported it anyways so what is the diff?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 PM

Lets put it this way, what do I have to gain by Jason, Chris or whoever is in charge of whatever by reporting a post? I chose to post that I reported it because I wanted to. Whoever gets the little reported post things knows who reported it anyways so what is the diff?
Lets put it this way, I am not going to waste anymore time bickering over this trivial stuff in a thread about a Roush truck concept. If I were to give you an answer, you would just retort, and it would go on and on.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM

I dont think roush is big enough to care anyways.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Doane

Anyone with access to that kind of material has most definitely signed an agreement. It's pretty standard business practice.
I didn't sign ****, I'm self employed!

If Debler had a problem with it he would have deleted it, then yelled at me on bar night.

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
Your a bad bad man
This will probably destroy GM just like everyother leaked picture in history has.
QFT

Originally Posted by zq8colorado04
This pics been posted on jalopnik.com, but credit for the photo was given to someone over at performancetrucks.net.....I hope you have an account over there and someone isn't taking credit for your ballsy move
I posted it on performance trucks myself. http://jalopnik.com/cars/chevrolet/a...ado-295989.php
It links to my thread there. I feel semi famous

Last edited by Mike94ZLT1; 09-04-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
I didn't sign ****, I'm self employed!
I was talking about Roush employees...not you.

Quick Reply: So I snuck a picture of a Roush concept Truck.. Kinda Silverado SSish, pretty bad ass