Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

So... Anybody bite on the 0% for 72 months offer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 PM

So... Anybody bite on the 0% for 72 months offer?

Not sure why they call it the "72 hour sale" when it lasted a week though.

Anyway...... I bit... picking it up later today.

The 0% financing for 6 years, the selling price, the lease pull ahead offer of TWO thousand (had been one thousand prior) toward a buy, my GM card money....plus some other details... it all stacked together creating an offer I couldn't pass up...

2008 Cadillac SRX4 V6... Black Raven / Cashmere & Cocoa Interior.. Luxury Package, Utility Package, AWD, etc etc etc.... you get the idea.

Last edited by Darth Xed; 06-30-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:34 PM

Too bad they didn't offer that deal on the CTS as far as I know. I didn't bite because of gas prices honestly. I would have been interested in a G8 GT but not when my GTO is just about paid off and gas prices are going up by the day. I would want to wait and see what happens with the has prices (yes I know they are going up but just how much?). Either way, it sounds like you got a really nice Cadillac. Good luck with it.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM

Nothing I was remotely interested in buying.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM

A friend of mine sold his 05 Acura TL and got an 08 Aura XE w/ the low end V6, leather, etc... sticker 25.2, paid 24, 0% financing deal had his payments very low.

I would have been more tempted if they had it on the CTS or something but in reality it just doesn't make sense for me. I'm in my BMW lease until October 2009 and getting anything any sooner would force me to trade in the lease at a great loss since the residuals are highly over inflated by BMW... either that or own two daily drivers at the same time which is a waste in and of itself.

I could have traded in the 4runner but we really like it - hasn't given us a single problem, plus it has a 100k mile warranty on it and only has 38k right now... and plus resale value is down on all SUVs so we'd take more of a hit than we want to.

I think we're going to stay like we are, though I hope when October 2009 comes around they're doing something similar.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Nothing I was remotely interested in buying.
+1.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:20 PM

No, I'm car'd out for the moment.

What did you get rid of?
Old 06-30-2008, 04:24 PM

I wouldn't mind a new Vette right now, but I'm probably going to save that $55k for a rainy day (the storm clouds grow darker in Michigan by the day).

I'm also tempted to bite on a pickup, but why would I settle for 0% financing and a few thousand off sticker on a new truck when I can buy a lightly-used vehicle for so much less?

The used-vehicle market will need to settle down quite a bit before I'm interested in a new car. On the other hand, with the crazy prices that people are asking for used compacts on this time, I'm sure that a brand-new Cobalt with cheap financing looks rather attractive.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM

I wouldve hopped on a 09 Cobalt SS ....but , along with the economy , the used car market is bad . I wasnt even close to being upside down last year as my SS still booked close to $17K private party . 1 year later it books high dealer retail at just a tick over $13k = OUCH No 2008 SS for me

Congrats on the new SRX Darth ...Ive driven a couple ( 05 and 06) , and liked every one . With the new interior its gotta be just that much better .

Last edited by 90 Z28SS; 06-30-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
No, I'm car'd out for the moment.

What did you get rid of?

Dumped the GXP... the lease was up in a few months anyway, and we are borderline on needing more miles on one vehicle anyway, so the 0% for 72 months clinched it... plus the SRX does a lot that the Grand Prix couldn't offer.

So far, the SRX feels like a great mix... SUV seating and cargo area, car-like driving and handling, AWD for year-round traction...and the new interior is just gorgeous.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
Dumped the GXP... the lease was up in a few months anyway, and we are borderline on needing more miles on one vehicle anyway, so the 0% for 72 months clinched it... plus the SRX does a lot that the Grand Prix couldn't offer.

So far, the SRX feels like a great mix... SUV seating and cargo area, car-like driving and handling, AWD for year-round traction...and the new interior is just gorgeous.
Just as well, the GXP/SS's get crummy mileage anyway . Funny you like the SRX so much, as we're always getting the same vehicles, I've looked somewhat seriously at one to replace our SS/Blazer combo, but not sure I trust it for Home Depot/Airport duty. They are very nice though, excellent choice!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 AM

Not on the 0%, but I did bite on the other incentives. Traded the 335i and Silverado for a 08 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab SLT. Took the hit on the BMW, but the Silverado was paid off years ago, so it more than balanced out. $6,000 rebate, $2,200 discount, $1,000 GM Mastercard money, a $500 Lowes gift card and 4.74% financing on the balance. I'll have it paid for by the time the BMW would have been turned in, so instead of starting over I'll have a two-year-old Sierra SLT that's paid for. Plus, I know I can deduct the sucker if I buy this year (it's my "business vehicle"). With an administration change in D.C. next year, who knows what small business incentives will continue and which will not. Bird in the hand...

Last edited by routesixtysixer; 07-01-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by routesixtysixer
Not on the 0%, but I did bite on the other incentives. Traded the 335i and Silverado for a 08 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab SLT. Took the hit on the BMW, but the Silverado was paid off years ago, so it more than balanced out. $6,000 rebate, $2,200 discount, $1,000 GM Mastercard money, a $500 Lowes gift card and 4.74% financing on the balance. I'll have it paid for by the time the BMW would have been turned in, so instead of starting over I'll have a two-year-old Sierra SLT that's paid for. Plus, I know I can deduct the sucker if I buy this year (it's my "business vehicle"). With an administration change in D.C. next year, who knows what small business incentives will continue and which will not. Bird in the hand...
I'm curious how the stuff worked out on your BMW. I figure with the inflated manufacturer residuals you'd be taking a really big hit if you traded it in early.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:09 AM

0% for six years on a Solstice was tempting.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 PM

We went with a 2008 Ponitac Torrent GXP, Deep Blue Metallic, Sand Interior, DVD Entertainment system. I would have rather had the Sun & Sound Pkg. but my wife wanted the DVD system for our soon to be 1 year old daughter.

Our 2000 Olds Intrigue GLS was a great car but it was getting to the point that we where going to start putting money into it to keep it up. Plus we needed something more family friendly.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM

My buddy bought a Tahoe. got them to come down almost $10K with all the rebates and everything. We still haven't bought ours and my wife has gotten really indecisive. Don't know if we will buy one buy July 7th (they extended the sale till then apparently).

Quick Reply: So... Anybody bite on the 0% for 72 months offer?