Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

This is sad

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:13 PM

This is sad

Not a single thread about a Camaro on the entire front page of the 5th gen section of a Camaro web site. Way to go Zarella.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:14 PM

Re: This is sad

My bad, there is one, the one about the naming problem. But still
Old 09-28-2004, 10:20 PM

There are 2 stickies at the top, but I see what you are saying.

Some people "in the know" (wink wink) need to throw us a bone.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:23 PM

ehh who cares there r new Charger pics

at least other companies are making RWD V8 peformance proucts for the masses
Old 09-28-2004, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Not a single thread about a Camaro on the entire front page of the 5th gen section of a Camaro web site. Way to go Zarella.
I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe the Torana thread hits closest to home.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 AM

I'd love to see something new about the Camaro, but Ford has just released a barrage <sp?> of news on the Mustang, sorry!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:30 AM

The Torrana threads alone should keep you company. Im sure with the upcoming Sydney Autoshow, this site will be chock full of Pro-Kappa and Pro-Zeta wars...much like the SS vs Z28 battles.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Actually, way to go Lutz is more like it. Personally, I see less and less hope for an affordable, attractive and exciting 5th generation F-body.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:52 AM

it has to be affordable, attractive AND exciting? I dont think Chevy can do all of thoes 3!! Not without going retro!!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:37 AM

Nothing big or groundbreaking as far as 5th gen news. GM refuses to toss us a bone, and there's really nothing new to discuss on the 5th that hasn't already been discussed half a dozen times.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by redzed
Actually, way to go Lutz is more like it. Personally, I see less and less hope for an affordable, attractive and exciting 5th generation F-body.
I especially like how he said, "The Firebird's day is done (gone?)."

Old 09-29-2004, 01:36 PM

GM, for the most part, seems to be doing nothing but self destructing. They haven't learned from the hundreds of other successful car manufacturers.... Inexpensive car = SALE.

Look at Hyundai as an example. A car company that was lowest of the low 10-15 years ago. Now its making cars that the masses (again, for the most part) like. Heck, Look at the Sonata for example. They are pitching this car as a sort of luxury car. Its base is only $16000!! I personally think Hyundai and think garbage, but that may be a stereotype I have to get over. Seems the Korean cars and the like in the inexpensive market are actually starting to produce something better. Not saying they're great, but look at what they are doing...

Sonata: http://hyundaiusa.com/Vehicles/Sonata/Main.asp

Kia Optima: http://kia.com/images/optima/2004-10.jpg
http://kia.com/images/optima/2003-14.jpg

Again, not saying they're pefect but geez, come on... Look at Chevy for example, what are they currently making that fits this market? The odd looking Malibu? Starting price base model $19000? I think not for a car like that.

They are selling cars that appeal to more people, either on a cost, luxury, feature or warranty level... Come on GM, look around you...

Most of this is geared towards Chevy. I genuinly think Pontiac and Cadillac are headed in the right direction but I mean come on, CHEVY, an American nameplate as big as that hasn't put any thought into their current cars... I used to consider myself a "CHEVY" guy... I'm not even proud to call myself that these days when talking about new cars. That being said, I think Chevy's in real trouble.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:43 PM

food for though. if you had pics or seen the next gen rwd coupe, would you show them to everyone. i woulnd't because i know they would be 100x happier and suprised if they saw it at an unvailing.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
it has to be affordable, attractive AND exciting? I dont think Chevy can do all of thoes 3!! Not without going retro!!
Oh, I dunno 'bout that. I think the Solstice has all three bases covered, or at least will when the hypo version is released.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by number77
food for though. if you had pics or seen the next gen rwd coupe, would you show them to everyone. i woulnd't because i know they would be 100x happier and suprised if they saw it at an unvailing.
I would show them, why do you think we are all here.

Quick Reply: This is sad