Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Possible XLR-V testing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Possible XLR-V testing?

http://www.corvetteforum.de/thread.p...4eb91f42dd36cf

the following is an altavista translation from the original poster.

Hello Teymur, enclosed pictures of the C6. They were not allowed to look at us today at the Nuerburgring also clean-set + for technology to examine + test run on the ring (test run to have we not made for time reasons) GM had us to it invited it are still 3x C6 + 1x blazer + 1x Cadi XLR with EVOQ compressor engine + 3 Cadis CTS once with LS6 engine and + 1x LS6 engine with compressor + 1x the new STS with Northstar compressor that were however still camouflaged from the Cadis were allowed I pictures to make which I also understand could it are still prototypes the GM people are however nicely been them us to the vehicles rank-let to have oh and a Z06 Corvette is also there as it looked the Corvetten for brake tests uses everything has one us also not said understandably with a Cadi (LS6 engine with dry sump) new tires tested otherwise to have those already 2 engines and a transmission that must only times are small gotten thus enough otherwise am I morning still to write from which I everything did not see you know a trained eye escapes anything (Grins) oh still which if someone the vehicles on the ring to see wants GM is still until Friday there and tests
Old 05-12-2004, 11:51 PM

Re: Possible XLR-V testing?

Originally posted by Big Als Z
http://www.corvetteforum.de/thread.p...4eb91f42dd36cf

the following is an altavista translation from the original poster.

Hello Teymur, enclosed pictures of the C6. They were not allowed to look at us today at the Nuerburgring also clean-set + for technology to examine + test run on the ring (test run to have we not made for time reasons) GM had us to it invited it are still 3x C6 + 1x blazer + 1x Cadi XLR with EVOQ compressor engine + 3 Cadis CTS once with LS6 engine and + 1x LS6 engine with compressor + 1x the new STS with Northstar compressor that were however still camouflaged from the Cadis were allowed I pictures to make which I also understand could it are still prototypes the GM people are however nicely been them us to the vehicles rank-let to have oh and a Z06 Corvette is also there as it looked the Corvetten for brake tests uses everything has one us also not said understandably with a Cadi (LS6 engine with dry sump) new tires tested otherwise to have those already 2 engines and a transmission that must only times are small gotten thus enough otherwise am I morning still to write from which I everything did not see you know a trained eye escapes anything (Grins) oh still which if someone the vehicles on the ring to see wants GM is still until Friday there and tests
WTF?
So, GM had a Blazer there?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:29 AM

Re: Re: Possible XLR-V testing?

Originally posted by mastrdrver
WTF?
So, GM had a Blazer there?
My guess is he meant the TrailBlazer, so it was probably a prototype SS model in testing. The translation is choppy but what I get out of that is they were testing a supercharged XLR (XLR-V), a supercharged Northstar in the STS-V, some LS6 vehicles and one supercharged LS6 vehicle. Interesting.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:17 AM
slt

Re: Possible XLR-V testing?

Originally posted by Big Als Z
1x Cadi XLR with EVOQ compressor engine...
3 Cadis CTS 1x LS6 engine with compressor ...
1x the new STS with Northstar compressor
Superchargers everywhere

Man, Euro tails suck on the vette
Old 05-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Disciple

Should have stayed awake in more German classes

I get the same jist. He was there for a C6 intro, because of time constraints they didn't actually get to drive one. The GM folks were really friendly and let them look at the Caddies and stuff but pictures weren't allowed.

I like this:

PS: Ich dachte immer Cadi baut nur die Schlachtschiffe für Kojak und Co.
Translation:

ps. I always thought Cadillac just built the battleships for Kojak & Co.

That was in reference to the picture of the XLR being introduced as a Cadillac.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:19 PM

Re: Re: Possible XLR-V testing?

Originally posted by slt
Superchargers everywhere

Man, Euro tails suck on the vette
I'd say that the C5 Euro Tail was worse.. I've see some when I drive to Frankfurt sometimes. I don't have a pic though.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:03 PM

picy no worky
Old 05-15-2004, 02:56 AM

That is pretty cool that there is a big German Corvette Community