Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Pics and Video of the GTO from Bowling Green..plus an SSR oddity..

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 09:18 PM

Pics and Video of the GTO from Bowling Green..plus an SSR oddity..

Here it all is...

http://www.newagegto.com/bowlinggreen.shtml

Observations-

1. The trunk is about the same size as a F-bodies, but without the usability of the hatch back.

2. The HVAC vents on the doors a pretty trick. The whole interior for that matter is very nice and rich feeling.

3. Purple on a GTO is kinda ugly...might as well paint it pink. The purple trim under the dash looked like some kinda suede/rug combination looked kind of outta place.

4. The key with the remote door lock features intergrated is very nice.

5. GTO has headers and not manifolds.

6. Though we didn't get to drive it, the certain GM employee that gave us a ride back to where we took pictures showed us a little something. The driver mildly got on the accelerator and the A4 GTO promptly chirped tires on the one-two shift and kicked it's tires out to the right.

As for the SSR, I think I have found the first use of VELCRO wood trim ever in a car...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:50 PM

Re: Pics and Video of the GTO from Bowling Green..plus an SSR oddity..

Originally posted by formula79
Here it all is...

3. Purple on a GTO is kinda ugly...might as well paint it pink. The purple trim under the dash looked like some kinda suede/rug combination looked kind of outta place.

4. The key with the remote door lock features intergrated is very nice.

I like that purple colour..

Oh and on the key thats been standard on holdens for for ages now. Only problem is they aint cheap to replace...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:58 PM

the more i see the GTO's front end, the meaner it looks.

tough yet classy.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:12 AM

who's the hitler looking geezer behind the 'vette? Scott Settlemire?

Last edited by morb|d; 09-24-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:00 AM

Re: Pics and Video of the GTO from Bowling Green..plus an SSR oddity..

Here it all is...

2. The HVAC vents on the doors a pretty trick. The whole interior for that matter is very nice and rich feeling.
What are HVAC vents?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:15 AM

Re: Re: Pics and Video of the GTO from Bowling Green..plus an SSR oddity..

Originally posted by bigsteve7
What are HVAC vents?
thats the heating/aircon ventilation vent
Old 09-24-2003, 06:19 AM

Did anyone notice it has 245/45/17 and not 225/50/17 like said eirlier, will those tires make it into production?

Engine looks real nice too, Love those covers
Old 09-24-2003, 07:32 AM

I like the purple interior....

I've grown so tired of the same old Black, Grey, Beiege, and occasional Red interiors...

We need some new colors! Purple.. Green.. Blue... whatever.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:15 AM

Interior looks VERY good. Nice use of accents! I'm still not big on the exterior. It's not me, but a great car to be sure!

What's the round black button in the glove compartment? Tell me that's not a trunk release. And what's with the CD case holders. Does anyone use those?

Last edited by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!; 09-24-2003 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
I like the purple interior....

I've grown so tired of the same old Black, Grey, Beiege, and occasional Red interiors...

We need some new colors! Purple.. Green.. Blue... whatever.
I like the way it is kind of a muted purple instead of a really bright, in-your-face purple. Interior looks great as we all knew. The exterior looks better and better the more I see it. Also, I like the way the engine bay looks really upscale, well built, and overall clean, and I don't mean free from dirt. Good stuff!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
Interior looks VERY good. I'm still not big on the exterior. It's not me, but a good car to be sure!

What's the round black button in the glove compartment? Tell me that's not a trunk release. And what's with the CD case holders. Does anyone use those?
I think that buttons the switch/sensor to turn on the glovebox light ie turns on when open
Old 09-24-2003, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by SNEAKY NEIL
I like the way it is kind of a muted purple instead of a really bright, in-your-face purple. Interior looks great as we all knew. The exterior looks better and better the more I see it. Also, I like the way the engine bay looks really upscale, well built, and overall clean, and I don't mean free from dirt. Good stuff!
Agreed! Purple can be a dangerous color to try to use in an interior, but it is understated... looks good.

I am kind of on the fence with this trend to go with 'brightwork' (satin/polished metals and faux metals) in the interior... but the GTO's interior pulls it off in a sporty, yet classy way... probably the best use of it that I have seen.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:49 AM

One other thing I didn't mention is the back seat is HUGE, but hard to get into. The guy who shot the videos was 6'2" and very comfortable. The problem with getting in the back seat is that even though the backrest of the front seats fold forward like most cars..there is still not enough room to squeeze into the back seat. We had to move the seat almost up on the dash to get enough room to fit an average person in. The power motors were really slow and took like a minute+ to move in each direction.

The cars is very much the size one a Monte Carlo in real life.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:56 AM

One other thing I didn't mention is the back seat is HUGE, but hard to get into. The guy who shot the videos was 6'2" and very comfortable. The problem with getting in the back seat is that even though the backrest of the front seats fold forward like most cars..there is still not enough room to squeeze into the back seat. We had to move the seat almost up on the dash to get enough room to fit an average person in. The power motors were really slow and took like a minute+ to move in each direction.

The cars is very much the size one a Monte Carlo in real life.
The weak power window motor thing is unerving to hear... especially here, since F-Bodies were notorious for blowing our a motor annually or worse.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
The weak power window motor thing is unerving to hear... especially here, since F-Bodies were notorious for blowing our a motor annually or worse.
It was actually a power seat motor...

This is a Pilot car, so who knows. All I know is getting someone in the back seat took 4 times as long as in an F-body. I think it has alot to do with teh seat tracks placement relative to the door.

Quick Reply: Pics and Video of the GTO from Bowling Green..plus an SSR oddity..