Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

"Paying customers to drive your cars is not sustainable."

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by muckz
By no means do I view all businesses that way, and I'm with you 100% that there are good people working hard. I'm less of an optimist than I used to be, but I still have an optimistic nature.

I won't be sidetracking the thread any more than I already have.

Bottom line: I believe that diesel done right is superior to gasoline. However, we should be investing in alternative fuels as there is only so much oil in the earth.

I'm curious if there will ever be a ONE technology that will replace oil, or whether, as some pointed out, it will be a mix (electric, fuel cell, hydrogen, hybrid).
I think the fuel segment will depend on the intended use of the vehicle in question.

The least expensive fuels will get the biggest play. That and the outlook for continued availability.

Electric has the most possible adopters.

Let's consider that if folks are in a position to be sitting in the dark at home with no TV will be a major game changer, politics wise. Eleectric would be the last availability to be shut down.

To be a bit glib, walking solves most of the issues. It's the leaving early enough to get where you want that is a sticking point.

Trust this though, set up a deal where folks can't groove to their electric powered stuff and it's right back to 1776. Folks get very surly if they are sitting in the dark. Sticking them at the fuel pump is one thing. Turning off their AC and TV or internet is not something to allow if you want to stay in office.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-21-2009 at 03:46 PM.