Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

OK, OK. Non cryptic answers to your RWD fears. (non-believers, get in here!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 02:38 PM

Re: OK, OK. Non cryptic answers to your RWD fears. (non-believers, get in here!)

Originally Posted by guionM
You know, there is one car that could be built on Sigma that was planned to be based on Zeta with little investment, without price being an issue.
Which is?
Old 03-23-2005, 03:13 PM

Re: OK, OK. Non cryptic answers to your RWD fears. (non-believers, get in here!)

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Which is?
The one that was to be the very 1st off the chassis to be made here in the US.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Disciple

Seems to me the Velite would be most logical based on price point and market segment. A Riviera by another name.

I don't know if this question has been addressed ....if DC can make a good buck at building the 300, Magnum & Charger off a previous Merc platform, would it not be reasonable and economically feasible for GM to have the "lesser" divisions build on Sigma once Caddy gets the next gen?

Last edited by poSSum; 03-23-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:27 PM

Which was?
Old 03-23-2005, 03:39 PM

Uh, I don't know, the Camaro?

Jesus, Guy. Beating around the bush doesn't do anything for you other than perhaps stoke your ego. I'm a nobody, but at least I know posturing when I see it. You're not doing yourself any favors.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 PM

Come on guys, think! Or at least look back in the archives.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by kefkafloyd

Jesus, Guy. Beating around the bush doesn't do anything for you other than perhaps stoke your ego. I'm a nobody, but at least I know posturing when I see it. You're not doing yourself any favors.

It's exactly this kind of crap post that drives information sources from here...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:00 PM

Which was?
Given the price area we are talking here I would say a Buick sedan.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:04 PM

Which was?

Posturing? Stroking my ego? I know you're joking, right? You MUST be joking. If not, you are essentially telling me just because you haven't been keeping up with GM's press releases, and various news stories, let alone following things here, just because I won't wet-nurse you the answer, I'm posturing, stroking my ego, and not doing myself any favors, right?

What was the 1st car brand that was supposed to recieve a sedan based off of the Zeta chassis here in the US in 2006 for model year 2007??!

Thanks 91_z28_4me.

Where's a beat your head against the wall icon when you need one?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:22 PM

Well it certainly has to be Buick when you consider Pontiac won't be around by 2007.

Instead of accusing Guy of being cryptic, let's start putting 2 and 2 together, shall we.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Banned

who cares, ford owns the market anyways.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:03 PM

Well I guess its the Buick sedan (according to 91_z28_4me). I have no idea why you couldn't have just said so in the first place instead of playing post tag, as it appears it would have saved a lot of grief from a few folks.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:13 PM

"Posturing? Stroking my ego? I know you're joking, right? You MUST be joking. If not, you are essentially telling me just because you haven't been keeping up with GM's press releases, and various news stories, let alone following things here, just because I won't wet-nurse you the answer, I'm posturing, stroking my ego, and not doing myself any favors, right? "

I was joking about the Camaro, but firstly how do you presume that I haven't been keeping up with GM's press releases or other news? Just because I have a low post count and a (somewhat) recent register date doesn't mean I haven't been watching things for the past few years.

On the other part, I'm just stating my personal opinion that the way you present yourself isn't conducive to good discussion. Just because I'm a nobody or not popular doesn't mean I can't state what my opinion is.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:16 PM

"Posturing? Stroking my ego? I know you're joking, right? You MUST be joking. If not, you are essentially telling me just because you haven't been keeping up with GM's press releases, and various news stories, let alone following things here, just because I won't wet-nurse you the answer, I'm posturing, stroking my ego, and not doing myself any favors, right? "

I was joking about the Camaro, but firstly how do you presume that I haven't been keeping up with GM's press releases or other news? Just because I have a low post count and a (somewhat) recent register date doesn't mean I haven't been watching things for the past few years.

On the other part, I'm just stating my personal opinion that the way you present yourself isn't conducive to good discussion. Just because I'm a nobody or not popular doesn't mean I can't state what my opinion is.
Perhaps if you know the person you are talking to 1st before getting out the flamer, you won't have an opinion that will get such a negative reaction.

BTW: If you HAD been watching GM's press releases and such, I seriously dout we'd be having this discussion, now would we?
Old 03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LUTZ
....it is important to proactively position this decision internally and externally....
Translation: CYA

Quick Reply: OK, OK. Non cryptic answers to your RWD fears. (non-believers, get in here!)