Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Oh Oh!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:33 PM

well then hold on a second...

kudos to Crispey2k. Honestly, Id suggest joining both Cheers & Gears, and GM inside news. Both are full of information, some if it makes it there before it gets here.
also, as a note, (iirc)if anyone remembers Sharpshooter SS's red 5th gen sketch, it was based off of this one
Old 07-05-2004, 11:21 PM

Cool, I love this stuff
Old 07-05-2004, 11:23 PM
NJSPEEDER24

ohhh alright I've seen this once before. It's not as popular as the others but I think it's got some good cues with a modern look.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:34 PM

I still don't like a bunch of things about those concepts. I really hope the car doesn't look quite like that.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:49 PM

From what I was told...Sharpshooters was closer than Chrispey's.

I am guessing however that Chrispy's has been changed specifically for this article.

I am really starting to think Hunkins should rename PHR to "News from CamaroZ28.com's 5th Gen Forum"..since this stuff has largley been known on the net for a year. What is PHR anyway I have never read it...isn't that a mag for chopped old Chevy's?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:24 AM

Yeah, this is heady stuff...getting closer by the day. Will finish in a bit, some black Suburbans just pulled up, some smoking guy is coming up the driveway...
Old 07-06-2004, 07:38 AM

Originally posted by formula79

I am guessing however that Chrispy's has been changed specifically for this article.

I am really starting to think Hunkins should rename PHR to "News from CamaroZ28.com's 5th Gen Forum"..since this stuff has largley been known on the net for a year. What is PHR anyway I have never read it...isn't that a mag for chopped old Chevy's?
What's the difference between them summarizing all the stuff, and the same thing you did a few months ago?

OK for one, but not the other, right?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Formula79

Hey, thanks Branden. That comment is the closest I've seen to "validation" of my specific concept without being confused with, or rolled into comments about someone else's work.

As far as I know, Evok - the insider over at C&G who started this particular ball rolling - never really responded yea or nay with regards to my specific concept when asked (by other posters). All told I submitted three separate versions each slightly tweaked. Not that I am waiting around for a nod from him - or anyone else for that matter. It was just a little side-project that's all. It generated mostly positive feedback and it was good to flex my photoshop skills - it's been far too long. I'm grateful to all who commented - even though it wasn't necessarily for everyone. It's all cool. I may take on a similar project later on, who knows.

In any event, Crispey deserves credit/limelight (if you want to call it that); after all, he was first out of the gate with a drawing based on Evok's guidelines.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 AM

Regardless of where the credit goes, if the new F-body...err...Camaro looks like that and runs like we all think it will, it should be a big hit. I love the look in those drawings - awesome.

Just wish it wouldn't take another 2+ years.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 PM

Did someone delete my post?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Prominent Member

Doubtful....other than the original author, only Jason and Chris can delete posts here..
Old 07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Prominent Member

Kris, try a re-post......
Old 07-06-2004, 02:11 PM

BTW: It's Kris that's supplying the artwork that will be in the magazine, not Crispey's.

Crispey is very talented and IMO a fine artist, but I think that for the "Wow" factor (and maybe other reasons) they went with Kris. His 3-D renditions are hard to beat.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:16 PM

Guion,

Didn't want to say anything about that right away. Crispey does deserve a lot of credit for the work he put in on it and I did my best to get him a mention in the mag as well (not sure if it happened.)

They wanted something a little further along than a sketch, but they wanted it too look a lot like the drawing. That's where I came in.

I look forward to seeing the article, has it been posted anywhere yet or do I have to wait for PHR to come in the mail?

Kris
Old 07-06-2004, 02:55 PM

Hmmm......

I've been comparing Crispey's drawings to the old Hot Wheels "Muscle Tone" car that came out a while ago. With the exception of the front end and the more Retro rear end curves of Crispey's drawing, I see a great deal of similarity - especially the windsheild and rooflines.

I wonder if the Muscle Tone car actually was a reactionary test bed design for a new Camaro?