Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Oct '10 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Oct '10 Sales

GM up 3.5% 5,013 Camaros sold down 35.7%

Ford up 19.2% 5,317 Mustangs sold up 11%

Chrysler up 37% 3,182 Challengers sold

Toyota down 4.4%

Honda up 20.2%

Hyundai up 38%

Mazda up 19.5%

Nissan up 16.1%

Subaru up 23%

Suzuki up 22%! 1st increase in 27 months!

VW up 17.9%
Old 11-03-2010, 06:59 PM

Re: Oct '10 Sales

* GM crossover sales rise 36 percent during month, are up 64 percent year-to-date
* GM full-size pickup sales increase 9 percent; are up 16 percent year-to-date
* Each of GM’s four brands increased total and retail sales for the month

DETROIT – Driven by strong demand for their popular crossovers, and full-size pickup trucks, October combined sales for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac increased 13 percent compared to October 2009 to 183,392 units.

Combined retail sales for the brands increased 13 percent compared to a year earlier and were 8 percent higher compared to September.

“Our October results show that our focused plan is working, as our four brands continue to grow,” said Don Johnson, vice president, U.S. sales operations. “Our sales are up more than double the industry’s increase through October, and we’ve gained almost two points of market share.” Year-to-date sales for GM’s four brands have increased 22 percent through October, while the industry has increased approximately 10½ percent.

During the month, sales of GM’s newest and most popular crossovers – Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain and Cadillac SRX – increased 58 percent compared to October last year. GM’s mid-sized crossovers – Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevrolet Traverse – had sales that were 16 percent higher versus last year. Combined, GM’s crossovers improved 36 percent during the month, and are up 64 percent year to date.

Total sales of the Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickups increased 9 percent for the month. The recently launched Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy duty pickup trucks increased 27 percent compared to September. Deliveries of the Buick LaCrosse and Cadillac CTS also continued to rise, up 37 percent and 45 percent over last October respectively.

According to Johnson, the company is making the transition to new model year (2011) vehicles more rapidly than the industry, and expects to gain retail market share in October, compared to September. “Of our October sales, 76 percent were new (2011) model year vehicles,” Johnson said. “This puts us in good position to continue growing, while moderating our use of incentives.”

Dealer stock at the end of the month included 85 percent new model vehicles, compared to just 49 percent last year.

Month-end dealer inventory in the U.S. stood at about 515,000 units, which is about 37,000 units higher compared to September, and about 72,000 higher than October 2009.

October Key Facts and Brand Results:

* Calendar-year-to-date total sales for GM’s four brands are up 22 percent
* Calendar-year-to-date retail sales for GM’s four brands are up 15 percent
* Year-to-date through October, GM’s four brands have sold 85,737 more units than were sold with eight brands through October 2009.
* Chevrolet: Chevrolet delivered 124,294 total vehicles in October, a 7 percent increase year-overyear. Year-to-date total Chevrolet sales are up 17 percent. Retail sales for Chevrolet rose 7 percent on the strength of Silverado and Equinox retail sales, which were up 3 and 54 percent respectively, and on rising Cruze deliveries (read more).
* Buick: Buick, the fastest growing major automotive brand in the United States, reported 12,569 total sales, a 39 percent increase compared to a year ago. This includes a 36 percent rise in year-over-year retail sales – the 13th consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains for the brand. Total Buick sales are up 55 percent for the calendar year to date (read more).
* GMC: GMC reported total sales of 33,136, a 30 percent increase, compared to the same month last year. This marks the 13th consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases, spurred by the best month of the year for the Sierra and retail demand for its crossover SUVs Terrain and Acadia, which rose 75 and 65 percent compared to last year, respectively. For the year, GMC total sales are up 28 percent (read more).
* Cadillac: Total sales of 13,393 for October were 15 percent higher than last October, with retail sales increasing 41 percent. SRX retail sales were up 56 percent, compared to a year ago, and CTS retail sales increased 70 percent. The all-new 2011 CTS Coupe had another great month, up 28 percent, compared to September. With total sales up 40 percent for the year, the brand remains the fastest-growing luxury auto brand in the industry (read more).
* Fleet sales for GM’s four brands were 43,816 for the month.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...v/1103_gmsales
Old 11-04-2010, 07:48 AM

Corvette not looking so good, wondering if the Camaro has finally saturated demand, I'm seeing more of them sitting on lots now for a pretty good amount of time. Local dealer I drive by has about 6-7 of them and they've had them for 2-3 months and none have moved.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 AM

Camaro should get a nice boost in sales when the convertible comes out. Then for 2012 we get the Z28 and a updated interior.

C7 needs to get here soon. C6 has been out for too long.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by STOCK1SC
Corvette not looking so good, wondering if the Camaro has finally saturated demand, I'm seeing more of them sitting on lots now for a pretty good amount of time. Local dealer I drive by has about 6-7 of them and they've had them for 2-3 months and none have moved.
I don't know how it is in your neck in the woods, but down here we have the same problem and I can attribute it to a common factor... The Dealerships.

All over Louisiana I have called and looked to see what deals or the prices they are asking for on Camaro's. Just about about every dealer is looking for 4 to 5k on average above suggested MSRP on the 1 and 2 SS models and about 2 K above the V6 models.

Even on their used car lots if they have a low mileage Camaro they are still asking for off the show room floor prices. I'm talking cars with 6 to 10,000 miles on them.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz
I don't know how it is in your neck in the woods, but down here we have the same problem and I can attribute it to a common factor... The Dealerships.

All over Louisiana I have called and looked to see what deals or the prices they are asking for on Camaro's. Just about about every dealer is looking for 4 to 5k on average above suggested MSRP on the 1 and 2 SS models and about 2 K above the V6 models.

Even on their used car lots if they have a low mileage Camaro they are still asking for off the show room floor prices. I'm talking cars with 6 to 10,000 miles on them.
Don't worry, the clock is running out quickly for that sort of stuff on the Camaro. Shop around.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Don't worry, the clock is running out quickly for that sort of stuff on the Camaro. Shop around.
Yeah I think the low APR financing will be around the corner soon. The market has been saturated now after 8 years of pent up demand has been filled so the enthusiasts have already blown their loads.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz
I have noticed this as well. Several dealerships in my area are offering Camaro demos with up to 10,000 miles on them for brand new MSRP prices. Re-diculous.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Woohoo go Mus.... I mean damn, are you sure Ford is posting legit numbers

Last edited by bossco; 11-04-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Cruze - 5,048 delivered in the 1st month...that matched Cobalts total last October.

Grand Cherokee 12,721 delivered, compared to 3,256 last Oct....up 291%

Venza is in its 2nd year I believe? down 27% to 3,551 delivered.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:12 AM

Challenger sales caught my eye....pretty brisk compared to past months.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Challenger sales caught my eye....pretty brisk compared to past months.
Chally has had low apr financing deals for a few months now I think 1.9% for 60 plus I think since there aren't as many being built compared to Mustangs and Camaro's the demand and supply are pretty much matched pretty well. Challengers still catch my eye when I see one(not very often) where as the Camaro's are becoming an almost everyday sighting now.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by STOCK1SC
Challengers still catch my eye when I see one(not very often) where as the Camaro's are becoming an almost everyday sighting now.
I see all three just about every day.

I know for awhile everyone here was including Genesis sightings and I can say at this point I only recall seeing two sedans and one coupe.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:08 AM

Toyota the only one down? Aww shucks.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:16 AM

I can verify the huge popularity of the new Grand Cherokee. I've been selling cars for 10 years now...this is the most impressive new car I've ever sold. My mother bought an '11 Limited in August, and tells everyone who will listen to her how much she loves it.

As much as I'd like to replace my wife's GTP with a Regal GS down the road, the lack of AWD and my hatred of torque steer probably means I will slide her into a slightly used Limited GC at some point. Two very different cars, but both damn impressive.

Go Chrysler

Quick Reply: Oct '10 Sales