CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Next gen Focus revealed. Wow! (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/next-gen-focus-revealed-wow-731331/)

Z28x 01-11-2010 07:58 AM

This car looks great, I like both the 5 door and sedan. Looks like the Cruze isn't going to be best in class for long. I expect Ford sales to be higher thanks to having more than just the sedan body style.

Focus will be another 40mpg+ car. I think the mpg wars will be getting very interesting.

soul strife 01-11-2010 08:40 AM

I like the sedan but he hatch looks like a early 90's Taurus wagon to me. The interior looks good for the price range though.

Sixer-Bird 01-11-2010 09:24 AM

Upscale looks and design for economy cars... what a novel idea.

Darth Xed 01-11-2010 09:32 AM

FWIW, based solely on pictures, I still think the Cruze looks nicer, though.. ;)

HuJass 01-11-2010 09:56 AM

I saw it this morning and I think it looks great! Especially the sedan (not really diggin' the hatch).
They made the car look bigger than it probably is (at least in pics).

I like it a lot and can't wait to see it in person.

I can say one thing, Ford certainly is on a roll.

jg95z28 01-11-2010 10:08 AM

To me it looks like every other small sedan on the market. You could just as easily replace the blue oval with a Toyota, Mitsubishi or Kia badge and I doubt anyone would seriously question it. Sure it looks good; that's because it looks familiar. Personally, I think the Cruze is much better looking.

El Duce 01-11-2010 10:09 AM

I like it. Why is it that the quality of cars for the European market are almost always better than the sh*t we get that is supposedly the same car? :think:

90 Z28SS 01-11-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by El Duce (Post 6230708)
I like it. Why is it that the quality of cars for the European market are almost always better than the sh*t we get that is supposedly the same car? :think:

Because we amaericans dont care as long as it has a good power and is dirt cheap ::sarcasm::

New Focus looks good , not earth shattering , but really good none-the-less . The interior looks like it a entry level luxo car . I like the interior duds of the cruze better though .

99SilverSS 01-11-2010 11:14 AM

I suppose the angry appliance look for the Focus and Aveo is better than the bland pedestrian style they replace. Just like the Aveo we'll have to see what the final production Focus looks like in 2012 but this is an improvement over the current model. All Ford ever needed to do with the Focus was consult Mazda on how to build a attractive, fun and desirable small car.

indieaz 01-11-2010 11:27 AM

Looks fantastic to me.

muckz 01-11-2010 11:40 AM

I'm glad it's not suffering from the high beltline epidemic that so many new cars have. I like my visibility.

Pentatonic 01-11-2010 12:02 PM

I think it looks good. I mean, it's a Focus; a compact fuel efficient car. What are people expecting, Aston Martin looks?

The interior strikes me as having shape/layout cues from the Cadillac CTS.

Chewbacca 01-11-2010 12:26 PM

I too would like to see what an SVT version would look like but I don't dislike this version at all.

No three door hatch though? (didn't read the text) Too bad.

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby (Post 6230503)
Duh - its a Ford, of course you don't like it.

:lol:

ZZtop 01-11-2010 01:23 PM

I think it looks great. Especially the interior. Ford is really on a roll these days. I have had the pleasure of driving a new Escape and a Edge Limited AWD as rental cars for business trips and they are very nice. I think the Edge is the best mid-level SUV I have ever driven. The power/transmission tunning on the highway (doesn't down shift all the time but maintains speed), the handling, road noise, ride comfort, feeatures, etc. are all top notch.

guionM 01-11-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pentatonic (Post 6230848)
I think it looks good. I mean, it's a Focus; a compact fuel efficient car. What are people expecting, Aston Martin looks?

The interior strikes me as having shape/layout cues from the Cadillac CTS.

I was thinking that myself.