Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

New Ford commercial with GT, Mustang, Cobra!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by RiceEating5.0
Link to the mustang one doesn't work.
Worked for me at home and at work.
You sure?
Anybody else not working?
Old 01-17-2004, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by stars1010
Sweet intro! Nice to see the new Stang in action!
I could've done without all the damn gloating in it.

"Not just an icon but THE icon of Detroit in our view"

"THE quintessential American muscle vehicle"

"Only Ford can build a Mustang" Seriously, WTF?

"The best this town has to offer".

Best thing he said was "let me shut up".

Whatever respect I have for Ford diminishes when I hear them gloat about the Mustang like it's the best thing on the freakin' planet.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by SuperDave479
I could've done without all the damn gloating in it.

"Not just an icon but THE icon of Detroit in our view"

"THE quintessential American muscle vehicle"

"Only Ford can build a Mustang" Seriously, WTF?

"The best this town has to offer".

Best thing he said was "let me shut up".

Whatever respect I have for Ford diminishes when I hear them gloat about the Mustang like it's the best thing on the freakin' planet.
You'll have to excuse Ford for have an opinion. Didn't know it was something they weren't entitled to.

And why do you care what they think? It's all opinions. Of course they'll praise their product. You expect them to put on a show praising chevy's? You don't think GM feels thet same about some of their products?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by ProudPony
Worked for me at home and at work.
You sure?
Anybody else not working?
I just checked and it still doesn't work. Something about "media player not finding the specified file".
Old 01-17-2004, 06:04 PM

You'll have to excuse Ford for have an opinion. Didn't know it was something they weren't entitled to.

And why do you care what they think? It's all opinions. Of course they'll praise their product. You expect them to put on a show praising chevy's? You don't think GM feels thet same about some of their products?
The way they go about doing it is all wrong. What GM feels about it's products are irrelevant. They don't talk sh** like this. There is no call for it. Why do you care about MY opinion?
Old 01-17-2004, 07:34 PM

The way they go about doing it is all wrong. What GM feels about it's products are irrelevant. They don't talk sh** like this. There is no call for it. Why do you care about MY opinion?
I haven't viewed the video, but how are the quotes you posted sh*t talking? So they think the mustang is the biggest detroit icon, a quintessential American muscle vehicle, blah blah blah. How's thinking you have the best product in detroit sh*t talking? I didn't see anything in your quote saying camaro/GTO/vette/GM suck.

Wow, a Ford commercial/Infomercial patting Ford products...who'd have thought. Perhaps you'd have liked it better had they highlighted GM's supreriorty? (i bet you wouldn't be complaining than) But wait, that'd sell GM's, not Fords . It's called "marketing". They'll use every ounce of it to their advantage.

This obviously isn't the first time some manufacturer made some claim. You take everything you see on TV seriously?

Lighten up.

Last edited by RiceEating5.0; 01-17-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:13 PM

I haven't viewed the video, but how are the quotes you posted sh*t talking? So they think the mustang is the biggest detroit icon, a quintessential American muscle vehicle, blah blah blah. How's thinking you have the best product in detroit sh*t talking? I didn't see anything in your quote saying camaro/GTO/vette/GM suck.

Wow, a Ford commercial/Infomercial patting Ford products...who'd have thought. Perhaps you'd have liked it better had they highlighted GM's supreriorty? (i bet you wouldn't be complaining than) But wait, that'd sell GM's, not Fords . It's called "marketing". They'll use every ounce of it to their advantage.

This obviously isn't the first time some manufacturer made some claim. You take everything you see on TV seriously?

Lighten up.
If anyone needs to lighten up it's you. God forbid someone should say something negative about Ford on the 5th gen forum of a Camaro site. Anytimes someone does, in comes RiceEating5.0 with some smarta** comment. I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned from the site yet. For the record, I'd be pissed if GM was doing it too. It's basically like political mudslinging. This isn't the first time either. I've seen a quote where they were gloating about having won the pony car wars since the F-Body is no longer being made. They'll be eating those words when the 5th gen comes back. Anyway, you don't have to be a smarta** about it, unless you are incapable of talking intelligently like you seem to be. I simply stated that I don't like their tactics. I'm not even being GM-centric here. If you don't like how I feel, I believe you can go to hell.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:23 PM

well,the mustang is a american icon,like it or not.it's like the corvette,'57 chevy,that caddy with the giant tailfins('59?).alittle company cheerleading is good,especially when they can claim an actual icon,i'd be proud too if my company had a vette or stang.i would have liked to have seen GM show at least some enthusiasm about the f-body when it was around.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:50 PM

i know the styling changes are subtle, but i hate the way the v6 looks but like the way the mustang gt looks. the v6 looks like it was designed in 1996. if they decide to make that a commercial with the ford GT.....
Old 01-18-2004, 12:44 AM

If anyone needs to lighten up it's you.
Who's got their collective manties in a wad? Talking of wanting me banned....lol.

God forbid someone should say something negative about Ford on the 5th gen forum of a Camaro site. Anytimes someone does, in comes RiceEating5.0 with some smarta** comment.
You've got the wrong guy. While i do offer my 2 cents (valid ones too) here and there, and usually don't exibit the same GM-is-holier-than-thou attitude as many others here, your accusations have no real bearing on my posts here. Sorry if i'm not ALWAYS in 100% agreement with everything you and others here post.

That and you seem to be the only one pissed over my supposed "smart-a** comments". Hmmm, wonder why?

I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned from the site yet.
Lol, this takes the cake.

For the record, I'd be pissed if GM was doing it too. It's basically like political mudslinging.
It's no different than GM claiming to have the best lineup of trucks. Or the commericals where the Firebird is eating a more expensive sport car, or the other one where the F150 is having trouble keeping up with the GMC truck. How about the one where Pontiac lists all these other sporty sedans, and mentions how the GTP outperforms them all? Then there are the Dodge commercials, and the new Nissan one i saw in a mag today where it's towing a trailer and the Dodge, Chevy, and Ford trucks are lagging behind it. Don't see you crying foul over them. Ford isn't the only one "gloating". Sorry, but this is common in the world of marketing. Everyone claims that their product "X" is better than product "Y". That's how they get us consumer to buy into them.

This isn't the first time either. I've seen a quote where they were gloating about having won the pony car wars since the F-Body is no longer being made.
Yes, it's a sensative issue with camaro faithfuls, but there is truth to that statement. Truth be told: there's no camaro today, whereas there's a mustang. Cold hard reality. If you don't like dealing with the truth....fine. Just don't blame ford or anyone other than GM for that.

Anyway, you don't have to be a smarta** about it, unless you are incapable of talking intelligently like you seem to be. I simply stated that I don't like their tactics.
I made a simple observation (you crying foul over a Ford commercial totting a Ford product) and noted how this is common practice in the marketing world. Things are very competitive. Just didn't think it was that big of a deal.

These are the 4 quotes that seemed to have hit a nerve with you.

1)"Not just an icon but THE icon of Detroit in our view"

2)"THE quintessential American muscle vehicle"

3)"Only Ford can build a Mustang"

4)"The best this town has to offer".

My response:
1) Yeah, the stang is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) icon of detroit. They did state it was their "view" according to your quote.

2)Arguable. Always offered affordable performance. It is alone in its segment for 2003 and currently offers the 2003 Cobra which is "arguably" the best pony/muscle car to have come out of detroit. 40 years and their still going strong.

3) Yes, only Ford can build the mustang. What's there to balk at?

4) Arguable, i'd agree with it in terms of affordable performance.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:30 AM

All I gotta say is there still makin' mustangs.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:09 PM

God forbid someone should say something negative about Ford on the 5th gen forum of a Camaro site.
And God forbid Ford praise a Ford product on a Ford commercial featuring a Ford vehicle. God forbid they actually show pride or great satisfaction in their Mustang and it continuing the pony car tradition where others have either ceased to exist (or forced to take a short leave of absense). Gloating is no crime, epecially seeing as how the camaro's misfortune wasn't Ford or the Mustangs fault, it was GM's. Did you seriously think Ford would just sit idle and not take advantage of the camaro's absense? They'd be stupid if they didn't. Especially with the new mustang due out this year. They'll market the heck out of it....believe it. That's how business is run. In the car market (and any other business), you try and steal as much sales from your competitor. Your competitors loss, is your gain (in most cases). That's how business operates.

I'm sure i'm not alone here when i say i'd want GM/Chevy to actually express some sort of great pride in their camaro instead of treating it like the bastard stepchild like they did most of the last decade. Heck, gloat if you have to.

Last edited by RiceEating5.0; 01-18-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:26 AM

I'm sure i'm not alone here when i say i'd want GM/Chevy to actually express some sort of great pride in their camaro instead of treating it like the bastard stepchild like they did most of the last decade. Heck, gloat if you have to.
Not my words, but covers my sentiments too.

I find it strange that a couple Mustang drivers are on this GM-based board asking GM to become more passionate about their ponycar?

I KNOW FOR FACT they had guys in the fold that are passionate about the car, if only those with the passion were calling the shots...
Old 01-19-2004, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by ProudPony
Not my words, but covers my sentiments too.

I find it strange that a couple Mustang drivers are on this GM-based board asking GM to become more passionate about their ponycar?
(
what's so strange about it?the f-body was a great car and it deserved better than to be tossed in the trash.life's too short to like just one car or brand.i'm partial to fords and imports,but my dream garage would have fords,chevys,mopars,japanese,german,whatever.it's ignorant to think because one person has this kind of car that they would hate this other kind of car.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Derek Smalls
what's so strange about it?the f-body was a great car and it deserved better than to be tossed in the trash.life's too short to like just one car or brand.i'm partial to fords and DOMESTICS, but my dream garage would have fords,chevys,mopars,*******,*******,whatever. it's ignorant to think because one person has this kind of car that they would hate this other kind of car.
With the exception of a few *'s, we totally agree! LOL!

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial with GT, Mustang, Cobra!?!?