Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

The name "Camaro" lies in the Mustangs sales explosion! nothing else really!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:00 PM

Question The name "Camaro" lies in the Mustangs sales explosion! nothing else really!

when the 2005 stang hits the streets it will be like 1965 again, think of the 300C sightings but bigger ALOT bigger! On every street corner ever highway., parking lot, driveway.everywhere.it will be a treat to see a new stang.... motor trend car of the year..car on every car mag cover, internet rumbling about the new car and how great it is..praise praise praise... it will be the one and only big thing for the beggining of 2005...

MUSTANG!

Mustang is going to turn alot of heads, hearts, and sales to Ford again. Why, because it is a stang..thats it...its got that thing that it.....just like corvette...Mustang will sell cus it is a mustang..and with all that sales..Im expecting 100K for the first year or more.. this is what will make GM say we need Camaro. no other name but Camaro..the sales of mustang will need the name Camaro back in GM's lineup...why??? when 2007 comes around...all the covers say.." THE PONY CAR WARS BEGIN ANEW!!! 2007 MUSTANG GT vs 2007 CAMARO Z28!!!"

That is what will sell GM's new pony car..the name Camaro and the rivaly, the bond it shares with Mustang, and its comparison to it..this is what will make it possible to call the next GM coupe Camaro, more than anything else we were told to do or hope happens..

Camaro rides on the explosion of the new Mustang...and I hope it does do such as that...

and a side note..I think the new Stang will bring the beginning of the end of the crazy import ricer market...it wll not go away but it will dwindle...but thats another story....

what do you guys think???
Old 06-17-2004, 09:06 PM

If the Mustang doesn't sell 100k I would be suprised. I think it will get closer to 200k.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:13 PM

when the 2005 stang hits the streets it will be like 1965 again, think of the 300C sightings but bigger ALOT bigger! On every street corner ever highway., parking lot, driveway.everywhere.it will be a treat to see a new stang.... motor trend car of the year..car on every car mag cover, internet rumbling about the new car and how great it is..praise praise praise... it will be the one and only big thing for the beggining of 2005...
yeah...all that internet talk back in 1965

Who knows if it will be all praise? What if they drive it, and it sucks? No one has yet to test drive it outside of Ford. What if the quality is sub par, again, the power alright, handling is down, and the rest of car is just a big disapointment? How about a total lack of praise for the car? All we will see is..

"Ford's new Mustang rides on a new chassis with a new engine with new parts, but the car still falls short of its pumped up appearance. Ford, how could you let us and your millions of fans down?"

No one ever says that. We all say that when GM makes a car, that it will fall short or wont live up to expectations... but I havent heard that about a Ford or DCX car?
Old 06-17-2004, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Big Als Z
"Ford, how could you let us and your millions of fans down?"
Whats new.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:31 PM

Mustang is Fords version of the Corvette...I dont think it will be a disapointment at all...its got to much invested...

just like the F-150...........the Mustang is held on the same pedistle..
Old 06-17-2004, 09:41 PM

Re: The name "Camaro" lies in the Mustangs sales explosion! nothing else really!

Mustang is the best friend Camaro ever had! Much more influential than any of us here, any GM executive, any marketing study. Mustang is Camaro's SUPER-ADVOCATE!

When the Mustang is released...it will be on every magazine cover, every internet site, the topic of discussion at every cruise night.

Maybe not everyone will like it (Big Al ).....but literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people will fall in love with it....and nearly 200,000 will love it enough to buy it the first year.

It will put sooooooo much pressure on any remaining anti-Camaro activists at GM...that they themseves will realize the need to quicken their step, or be left for dead.

Originally posted by Caps94ZODG
" THE PONY CAR WARS BEGIN ANEW!!! 2007 MUSTANG GT vs 2007 CAMARO Z28!!!"

Doubt you'll see those two compared. I'd guess they'd be in completely different segments. I'd say the Z/28 will have waaaaaaay more than the GT's 300hp.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:02 PM

True Z284, I think the Z28 will have just a little more than that.

But I honestly don't see the next car selling like people think it will, especially after a few years.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:22 PM

Re: The name "Camaro" lies in the Mustangs sales explosion! nothing else really!

and a side note..I think the new Stang will bring the beginning of the end of the crazy import ricer market...it wll not go away but it will dwindle...but thats another story....

we can all dream, but it just wont happen.

cant wait for the stang to be out and do well though, anything american rwd v8 is okay by me, and it certainly helps our chances of keeping real cars around for a few more years
Old 06-17-2004, 10:30 PM

Mustang is Fords version of the Corvette...I dont think it will be a disapointment at all...its got to much invested...

just like the F-150...........the Mustang is held on the same pedistle..
Some people have said that the C6 is the worst Corvette ever. But they also said that about teh C5 too.

And outside of the interior, the F150 isnt too much to gawk at? Still looks like a big girly truck, no matter how big that blue oval is on the tailgate.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Disciple

I can see it now...
Cover Story, August 2006 issue of Car and Driver...
PONY WARS REVIVED... CAMARO VS MUSTANG

And the closing of the story will go something like this...
History repeats itself once again.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
With both cars re-chassised and significantly improved over their prior generations, Camaro still takes the title.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by IZ28

But I honestly don't see the next car selling like people think it will, especially after a few years.
The current 04 mustang is selling that well
Old 06-18-2004, 11:21 AM

well, wan't the Camaro made just because GM needed to compete with it?

History repeats itself... and this is going to happen again.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by jcamere94z28
well, wan't the Camaro made just because GM needed to compete with it?

History repeats itself... and this is going to happen again.
Actually, the Mustang was made to compete against the Corvair.

Caps, you brought up the only thing that's giving me pause about rushing down to the Ford dealer to order a Mustang GT for under a grand over invoice: Those cars will be everywhere!

I really like the car, and I think with Bill Ford himself monitoring Mustang's progress closely (he's OWNED about 20 himself! ), it's no doubt going to be at minimum a good car. But I also don't really like to see myself coming and going every block either, which is why I'm still leaning towards GTO... or perhaps one of those "special" Stangs coming up.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by guionM
Actually, the Mustang was made to compete against the Corvair.

Caps, you brought up the only thing that's giving me pause about rushing down to the Ford dealer to order a Mustang GT for under a grand over invoice: Those cars will be everywhere!

I really like the car, and I think with Bill Ford himself monitoring Mustang's progress closely (he's OWNED about 20 himself! ), it's no doubt going to be at minimum a good car. But I also don't really like to see myself coming and going every block either, which is why I'm still leaning towards GTO... or perhaps one of those "special" Stangs coming up.
glad I could give some help to your choices...

I too would want a GT..but the Camaro now comming hmmm..
Old 06-19-2004, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by 90 Z28SS
The current 04 mustang is selling that well
There's a big difference between the 04 M*stang and the 05.

Quick Reply: The name "Camaro" lies in the Mustangs sales explosion! nothing else really!