Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Link to pics & stats for new CTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:47 AM

Link to pics & stats for new CTS

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=14700
Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 AM

I hate to say this but I don't think I like it. Maybe more pics will help.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 AM

That is a big car but I like it.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 AM

Linky no worky for me.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 AM

I knew GM would be using those vents again! Saweet!
Now we must greedily look for the CTS-V.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:23 AM

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43050

that is one nice car
Old 01-08-2007, 08:20 AM

Simply STUNNING.

Fantastic styling inside and out!

They took a groundbreaking styling car in the original CTS, and enhanced it in just about everyway.

Well done.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:34 AM

Very sexy. One thing that strikes me a little oddly at first glance is the length (front to rear) of the rear window, at the top. It almost seems a bit too short, sort of the opposite problem that the previous generation Jag XJ had when they made the extended version, and the rear window was far longer than the front. I think it is simply because of the aggressive rake of the C pillar; the upper part of the rear window is "cut off" by the angled pillar, so the top edge of the window is a tad short.

It sure wouldn't keep me from buying the car, because overall it is a sexy beast.

Perhaps some more pics and angles (not to mention seeing it in person) will change it. Again, no biggie, but it just seems slightly off somehow.

Interior = sweetness. The glimpse of the leather chair in those pics looks like some nice, soft leather.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 AM

Thumbs up

First truly impressive Caddy car interior I've seen, ever. That is of course assuming the quality and materials match the looks.

And by impressive I mean "at least on par if not class leading at the moment"... I also specify "car" because the Escalade has already done it for the SUV market.

I don't care what the GM koolaide drinkers want to say - the STS and DTS just are NOT competitive on the inside - still look cheap and GM corporate compared to the competition.

This CTS, on the other hand...

I only have one minor complaint - the steering wheel looks out of place (why is that a common theme in GM vehicles these days??)

Oh and I have to question the size... are they moving everything up a bit in size or what? What happens to the weight and the price?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Prominent Member

I for one, am a little disappointed that the sharp creases are being softened...I liked the original Art & Sciences look.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 AM

Still has the foot pedal for the parking brake.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Still has the foot pedal for the parking brake.
I saw that, too, and almost felt the same way. But honestly, do you really plan to rotate the rear with the e-brake?

Back when they were really used as e-brakes, falling right to hand might have been a little more important. But now that they are pretty much only used as park brakes, it seems trivial to me.

FWIW, a quick check reveals that the G35 and the Lexus IS both have it on the floor also, although the 3 series still has it on the console. I guess it is just one more thing to clutter up the console, in some sense.

On the other hand, I've been in cars where the e-brake pedal (in the disengaged, raised position) actually is uncomfortably close to my shin if my foot is on/near the dead pedal area. It has made me wonder if this isn't something that can/should affect crash test scores, since I'd rather not have a broken shin thanks to the e-brake pedal...
Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
I saw that, too, and almost felt the same way. But honestly, do you really plan to rotate the rear with the e-brake?

Back when they were really used as e-brakes, falling right to hand might have been a little more important. But now that they are pretty much only used as park brakes, it seems trivial to me.

FWIW, a quick check reveals that the G35 and the Lexus IS both have it on the floor also, although the 3 series still has it on the console. I guess it is just one more thing to clutter up the console, in some sense.

On the other hand, I've been in cars where the e-brake pedal (in the disengaged, raised position) actually is uncomfortably close to my shin if my foot is on/near the dead pedal area. It has made me wonder if this isn't something that can/should affect crash test scores, since I'd rather not have a broken shin thanks to the e-brake pedal...

Yeah, the take rate on the stick is pretty low. Most people with the auto probably never even use it.

It took me awhile to get used to mine, since I apply the parking brake whenever I park. The last car I've had without a handbrake was my 4 speed '80 Citation.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 AM

When will we get more detailed information on features and specifications? When will people be able to configure on the website, and when will people actually get to buy it?

Exterior length, width, height, front track, rear track, weight, weight distribution?

Interior leg/head/shoulder dimensions and trunk volume?

Transmission options? Final drive ratios? Mechanical limited slip rear differential optional?

Wheel & tire size options? Run flats or conventional w/ space saver spare or conventional w/ full size spare?

Front/Side/Rear crash test ratings (NHTSA, IIHS, NCAP)?

Fuel Economy (old standard and new standard)?

Not that anyone needs or wants all of these, but what unique gimmicky features (what some use to bench race luxury cars) will it have that is offered on other Cadillacs or the competition...
auto tilt down mirrors in reverse on either side?
heated/power folding/auto dimming driver & passenger side mirrors?
heated power steering wheel?
heated/cooled front seats? heated rear seats?
rear ac vents?
stereo internal hard drive for music files?
split 60/40 folding rear seat?
fancy/gimmicky brakes with drying functions & brake precharging (like 3-series)? front & rear vented disc brakes?
belt pretensioners at all 5 belts?
HUD?
bi-xenon projectors?
Intellibeam auto hi beams?
side to side adaptive projectors?
adaptive cruise control?
rear parking camera or rear parking sensors or front/rear parking sensors?
tire pressure monitoring (using wheel speed sensors to detect rotation or actual pressure sensors)?
active dampers with the special magnetic fluid?
side thorax & head curtain airbags for all 4 outboard passengers? knee airbag for driver?
adjustable whiplash protectors for all 5 passengers?
power and/or manual rear sunshades?
puddle lamps in all 4 doors?
rear fog lights?
heated wiper blade park position?
heated wiper fluid?
remote and keyless start?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 78montecarlo
When will we get more detailed information on features and specifications? When will people be able to configure on the website, and when will people actually get to buy it?

Exterior length, width, height, front track, rear track, weight, weight distribution?

Interior leg/head/shoulder dimensions and trunk volume?

Transmission options? Final drive ratios? Mechanical limited slip rear differential optional?

Wheel & tire size options? Run flats or conventional w/ space saver spare or conventional w/ full size spare?

Front/Side/Rear crash test ratings (NHTSA, IIHS, NCAP)?

Fuel Economy (old standard and new standard)?

Not that anyone needs or wants all of these, but what unique gimmicky features (what some use to bench race luxury cars) will it have that is offered on other Cadillacs or the competition...
auto tilt down mirrors in reverse on either side?
heated/power folding/auto dimming driver & passenger side mirrors?
heated power steering wheel?
heated/cooled front seats? heated rear seats?
rear ac vents?
stereo internal hard drive for music files?
split 60/40 folding rear seat?
fancy/gimmicky brakes with drying functions & brake precharging (like 3-series)? front & rear vented disc brakes?
belt pretensioners at all 5 belts?
HUD?
bi-xenon projectors?
Intellibeam auto hi beams?
side to side adaptive projectors?
adaptive cruise control?
rear parking camera or rear parking sensors or front/rear parking sensors?
tire pressure monitoring (using wheel speed sensors to detect rotation or actual pressure sensors)?
active dampers with the special magnetic fluid?
side thorax & head curtain airbags for all 4 outboard passengers? knee airbag for driver?
adjustable whiplash protectors for all 5 passengers?
power and/or manual rear sunshades?
puddle lamps in all 4 doors?
rear fog lights?
heated wiper blade park position?
heated wiper fluid?
remote and keyless start?
Some of that stuff is in this thread http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=14705.

Quick Reply: Link to pics & stats for new CTS