Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

How many people here hate the Gm commercials with Suze Orman

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 10:08 AM

How many people here hate the Gm commercials with Suze Orman

This is the lady I'm talking about
http://www.suzeorman.com/home.asp

I just cant stand the way she over annunciates every word, and all of her hand gestures.

Right now,...If...you...buy...

Also how many people her didn't know who she was before these commercials. I knew of her from her TV show. I'm just wondering if she is that famous of a person do be doing a commercial for GM?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Banned

Re: How many people here hate the Gm commercials with Suze Orman

Originally Posted by jawzforlife
Also how many people her didn't know who she was before these commercials. I knew of her from her TV show. I'm just wondering if she is that famous of a person do be doing a commercial for GM?
I didn't know that whatever-her-name was a "celebrity." I thought that GM had picked a 50-something year old real estate agent to do a cheesy sales pitch.

They should really hire Fat Joe to do Saturn ads. After all, wouldn't the sight of Fat Joe crammed behind the wheel of Ion coupe really motivate the "youth market?"
Old 11-22-2004, 10:38 AM

Yes, I found her to be annoying - although I had no idea she was a celebrity either.....
As far as I'm concerned, she's not.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:50 AM
cmc

She's no celebrity. I probably have a show on CNBC...
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 AM

I see nothing wrong with it.

She's considered to be an expert by many people on finance, and if she endorses it, it will sway a lot of people...

Quite the opposite, if you DON'T like her, or find her annoying, I doubt it would stop you from making a purchase or taking advantage of the promotion...

So, it's basically a no-lose proposition.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by redzed
I thought that GM had picked a 50-something year old real estate agent to do a cheesy sales pitch.
Cheesy sales pitch for a cheesy lineup.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:14 PM

She pushs the GMC lineup, the Denali specifically, doesnt she? That's a great looking truck which sells at a premium; the people who are in that target market are the people that watch CNBC and know who she is.

I know who she is mainly because my dad, who would fall into GMC's target market, had me read her book 'The Laws of Money and the Lessons of Life.'
Old 11-22-2004, 01:52 PM

Is she irritating, absolutely for a litany of reasons. But what makes the commercial such a joke from her is because she's a total hypocrite. I was flipping around and caught her segment on buying new cars. Don't do it was her message because a car depreciates 20-40% once its driven off the lot. Buy certified used cars was her advice. GM gives her a big fat check, suddenly the tune changes. That makes the commercial a bad joke.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by dnovotny
Is she irritating, absolutely for a litany of reasons. But what makes the commercial such a joke from her is because she's a total hypocrite. I was flipping around and caught her segment on buying new cars. Don't do it was her message because a car depreciates 20-40% once its driven off the lot. Buy certified used cars was her advice. GM gives her a big fat check, suddenly the tune changes. That makes the commercial a bad joke.

That's a valid point... I have heard her say that too.

Of course, I think just about anyone would do that if GM handed them a big fat check!

Still, buying a new car at 0% financing, and also locking that rate in for the next purchase *IS* a financially smart bonus, assuming you want a new car and not a used car.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck!
She pushs the GMC lineup, the Denali specifically, doesnt she? That's a great looking truck which sells at a premium; the people who are in that target market are the people that watch CNBC and know who she is.

I know who she is mainly because my dad, who would fall into GMC's target market, had me read her book 'The Laws of Money and the Lessons of Life.'
Accually the change the middle and end of the commercial for all (or most) the GM cars, they have one for the G6, Denali, Cadillac (STS I think), and Silverado. I dont think I've seen a saturn, hummer, or sabb one though.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:55 AM

Thats one creepy bitch. I almost wet myself when that 3 view of her head came up on her page.