Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Hey, I just published the F-body Resurrection web site, check it out

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 04:52 PM

Lightbulb Hey, I just published the F-body Resurrection web site, check it out

What's up guys, I have to publish a web site for my English class, so I thought I'd make a web site that I actually cared about. So here it is:

The F-body Resurrection

Leave me questions or comments or ways to improve it

Thanks
Tony
Old 12-06-2002, 05:07 PM

Nice site, but why is the last page (solution) not working?... seems you might want to take care of that little detail... but nice site nonetheless... I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of both present gen cars.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by ced8
Nice site, but why is the last page (solution) not working?... seems you might want to take care of that little detail... but nice site nonetheless... I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of both present gen cars.
Yea why doesnt he just add a message board and a merchandise section while hes at it? j/p...but yea, that 'solution' linky no worky
Old 12-06-2002, 11:48 PM

Talking

I may have exceeded my bandwith limit for a second there, it should work now. I just wanted to keep you guys hanging .
Old 12-07-2002, 12:11 AM

I can't see it

"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable! "

Old 12-07-2002, 04:16 PM

Works fine for me-even the solutions section. Site looks good.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:00 PM

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
Old 12-07-2002, 05:08 PM

Can't get in.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:18 PM

I can. If you guys were only as skilled.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by IZ28
I can. If you guys were only as skilled.
GO DIE!

Carre to sharre?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:31 AM

Neat site. I just did a presentation on why the F-body died.

I placed the blame sqaurely on the 4th generation.

Exterior/interio packaging and egronomics
- car was too big
- too small in side (subcompact inside)
- visibility was worse then a 3rd gen--can't see the hood!!

I also touched on technology: the fact you can go buy a 4 door sedan with 7/10th the performance with much beter utility/versatility. For mosr people that is fast enough.

10 years ago, you wanted a fast (affordable) car your only real choice was the F-body or Mustang. Now many people having more alternatives don't want to put up with.

Basically, I thought the car had failed to evolve in a changing automtoive market place....and like the Dinosours...they went extinct. No amount of power would save them.

Saying all that, I'd still buy one, because my priorities are on perfromance.
the F-bodies limitations.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:50 AM

I just click the link and it works.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:40 PM

Just read your report. It's all pretty good, though I strongly disagree about Corvette having any bearing on f body's demise and here's why.

If this theory was correct (my view, not a slam), then sales should have favored the f-body, not destroyed it. The point you make is that a Corvette buyer would say "why should I spend $45,000 on a Corvette when I can get a Z28 for $25,000", which obviously was not the case being that Corvette outsold Camaro it's final year, and Corvette grossly outsold all the LS1 f-bodies combined. My experience is that Corvette buyers buy Corvette because they want a Corvette. They most certainly know LS1 F-bodies, with some modifications, are just as fast as Corvettes. One memorable comment was that Z28 is a poor man's Corvette for those who can't afford the real thing..... Hardly the words of bargin hunters.

Beyond GM's negligence in investing in upkeeping the f-body, Someone in another thread put it perfectly, take away the powerful engine and you have an undesireable car. Without the V8 and 6 speed, there isn't much of a car left. F-body is oversized, it's body has been unchanged for 9 years, it doesn't offer much room or comfort (Eclipse & Celicas also are cramped inside, and neither are exactly burning up the charts either) compared to the sedan-like Mustang, and even Monte Carlos and Impalas have better interior quality.

If the next F-body can stand on it's own, separate from having the most powerful engine on the market as a crutch, meaning fit & finish, a body that takes less space than a Cadillac CTS (Camaro's longer & wider!), contemporary styling without going overboard, comfortable interior, good value without relying on stupid gimmicks as standard (ie: uncontrolable automatic lights, and power driver's seat, while ignoring a console storage light and placing a cup holder in the worse possible place), then it will be a force in the market place.... and will be spectacular with a powerful V8!

Last edited by guionM; 12-08-2002 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:44 PM

page four is here

webmaster of that site, please check your HTML linking and remove the http:// from the beginning of that URL so it will go on to page4.html and NOT http://page4.html

HTH,
Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Banned

Originally posted by guionM
Just read your report. It's all pretty good, though I strongly disagree about Corvette having any bearing on f body's demise and here's why.

If this theory was correct (my view, not a slam), then sales should have favored the f-body, not destroyed it. The point you make is that a Corvette buyer would say "why should I spend $45,000 on a Corvette when I can get a Z28 for $25,000", which obviously was not the case being that Corvette outsold Camaro it's final year, and Corvette grossly outsold all the LS1 f-bodies combined. My experience is that Corvette buyers buy Corvette because they want a Corvette. They most certainly know LS1 F-bodies, with some modifications, are just as fast as Corvettes. One memorable comment was that Z28 is a poor man's Corvette for those who can't afford the real thing..... Hardly the words of bargin hunters.

Beyond GM's negligence in investing in upkeeping the f-body, Someone in another thread put it perfectly, take away the powerful engine and you have an undesireable car. Without the V8 and 6 speed, there isn't much of a car left. F-body is oversized, it's body has been unchanged for 9 years, it doesn't offer much room or comfort (Eclipse & Celicas also are cramped inside, and neither are exactly burning up the charts either) compared to the sedan-like Mustang, and even Monte Carlos and Impalas have better interior quality.

If the next F-body can stand on it's own, separate from having the most powerful engine on the market as a crutch, meaning fit & finish, a body that takes less space than a Cadillac CTS (Camaro's longer & wider!), contemporary styling without going overboard, comfortable interior, good value without relying on stupid gimmicks as standard (ie: uncontrolable automatic lights, and power driver's seat, while ignoring a console storage light and placing a cup holder in the worse possible place), then it will be a force in the market place.... and will be spectacular with a powerful V8!
"Having the most powerful engine on the market" is a pretty good crutch to have. That's precisely why I bought my Camaro. I'll agree with the statement take away the powerful engine and you have an undesireable car, but I'd say that taking away the t-tops would have accomplished the same thing for me.

In any case, the shortcoming of the car are actually virtues to me. It's not a commuter vehicle, but a modern alternative to a classic musclecar. Owning my Z28 has kept me from doing something really stupid, like hunting down a '69 Charger.

I'll be the fist to admit that a lack of head room and the really strange pedal/steering wheel arrangement isn't all that comfortable. This car encourages me to adopt an ape-like driving posture, a bit too laid back to be truly ideal. I wish the power seat would go down another inch, or that the steering wheel could telescope, but so what. The thing that really cracks me up, though, is the fetal postition rear seat passengers have to assume. What other car offers the opportunity too see a six-footer have his knees at chin level?

I drive a Z28 for the experience it offers. I'm afraid that characterful cars have to be a little idiosyncratic. Take that away, and all you're left with is a transportation appliance.

Quick Reply: Hey, I just published the F-body Resurrection web site, check it out